2019 Membership thread - 100k again and growing!

Remove this Banner Ad

Our current membership total (and still growing!) has me absolutely gob smacked!
Makes me wonder where all these members have come from...Shirley not all are bandwagoners!?...
How does a lil suburban club grow into a league leader of club membership in a national competition!?
Is it due to the all conquering sides of the 60/70s...!?...is that what grew our awesome numbers!?
If so, how big a debt do we owe those heroes....

I think you could compare us to what happened at Hawthorn in the late 2000's to be honest. Their 2008 flag got people on board and made them into one of the big Victorian clubs from that moment. They have consistently been over 70K since where as we during that same time period were not far off that figure even with 30 years of no results is amazing in itself. No doubt the win in 2017 has given us some bandwagon support but its not like we had 40k members then shot up to 100K.

Every team has supporters who will jump on when its worth jumping on. I've been a member since 1996 but know friends in Melbourne who have been totally frustrated life long supporters who had enough after Wallace and the fake promises and decided to come back when the club proved that it was professional enough.

I really dont have an issue with the jump in numbers and I'd be really happy to see us get 100k again after not winning in 2018. I think it's great that once again we can be proud of who we support and get to rub it back a little after so many years of torment and even ridicule.

Our current membership total (and still growing!) has me absolutely gob smacked!
Makes me wonder where all these members have come from...Shirley not all are bandwagoners!?...
How does a lil suburban club grow into a league leader of club membership in a national competition!?
Is it due to the all conquering sides of the 60/70s...!?...is that what grew our awesome numbers!?
If so, how big a debt do we owe those heroes....
Boy meets girl, girl meets boy , do I need to go on

People seem to be celebrating a high number of members.

Wouldn't a lower number be preferable?

Less people on he bandwagon and a better chance of getting a finals ticket.

People seem to be celebrating a high number of members.

Wouldn't a lower number be preferable?

Less people on he bandwagon and a better chance of getting a finals ticket.

Depends really, a large membership means long term financial viability and allows our club to improve our resources to make sure we remain at the top of the pile.

We have the best resources then players will always look at our club and want to play for us when we go looking at boosting our list.

But hey, I'm from Perth so to me not being able to watch the boys as much I'm used too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gonna get a refund on my membership coz of the dodgy cardboard fixture instead of a proper magnet

View attachment 596247

Well my two grandsons received their packs , Liam who is 18 months old now is a three year member, lol

fk n hell, my 5 year old is a silver member w Maurice rioli and he just gets the same garbage member pack that i do, think I’ve got him on the wrong package, if he sees this he’ll kick me in the nuts

Technically there is a spot to put magnetic tape on the back of it so you still can place it on the fridge. Still very stingy and cheap though.

The magnet for the fixture should have been in the plastic sleeve with the lanyard and sticker, thats where mine was yesterday.

peeled it off and stuck it on in 5 seconds, happy days!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back