Draft Review 2015 - Redo the 2015 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt the Tigers would have won the flag with Tipungwuti mate

The same Tipungwuti who got more of the ball, took more marks, laid more tackles, and kicked more goals than Rioli in 2017?

I reckon you probably would have.

To say this is a weak draft is very very strange. I reckon it looks really really good, and given how many top picks were key position players who are now starting to find their feet, this could still become one of the strongest drafts to date.
The flog who said that would likely be calling it a strong draft if he had a horse in the race. No decent North selected players equals a “weak draft”. Sunrise, sunset.

A lot of genuine guns already from this draft and potential for another half dozen.

Very strong draft.

against a very strong GWS

in a preliminary final
Mason Cox kicked 3 goals against the greatest team of all time in this years Prelim, therefore he’s a super awesome player and better than other teams players.

Am I doing it right?

Settle. Don’t you only have 2 players left from this draft? Both taken in the top 10?

Name a worse draft.
2012 was a pretty awful draft from memory. Certainly worse than 2015 imo for depth of talent.

2012 was a pretty awful draft from memory. Certainly worse than 2015 imo for depth of talent.
Grundy, Whitfield, Macrea, Daniher, Wines, Hogan, Viney, Rampe, Stringer, Vlastin. This is a good group.

Then you have players like Hunter who just won a b&f.

Imo more AAs will come out of 2012 than 2015.

There don’t look to be many bonafide stars from this draft but there looks to be dozens of at least serviceable players. As another poster pointed out, Lovell, Cuningham and Keays (22, 23 and 24) appear to be the only busts in the entire top 25 right now. And there are some absolute jets down the line in the National Draft and some great finds in the rookie draft.

The same Tipungwuti who got more of the ball, took more marks, laid more tackles, and kicked more goals than Rioli in 2017?

There was a period in the game against GWS where they were really pushing and starting to get on top and every time this happened Rioli kicked a goal to keep them at bay , Rioli kicked 4 goals that game and got Richmond clear and into the Grand Final

Daniel was simply amazing that game and in my mind responsible for richmond winning that game - Not sure tippa would have been upto that

There was a period in the game against GWS where they were really pushing and starting to get on top and every time this happened Rioli kicked a goal to keep them at bay , Rioli kicked 4 goals that game and got Richmond clear and into the Grand Final

Daniel was simply amazing that game and in my mind responsible for richmond winning that game - Not sure tippa would have been upto that

How is this the only thing any of you can come back to hahahaha

No one is arguing that he played a a great prelim though, but to be in the top end of of the Draft he needs to be pumping out these games regularly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at at that game. My memory is Martin running freely at your forward 50 looking for options. Then again, and again.

No one is arguing that he played a a great prelim though, but to be in the top end of of the Draft he needs to be pumping out these games regularly.

As mentioned by Monkey King - I was responding to the question would Richmond have won without Rioli, As a Richmond supporter who has watched that game 3 times and still have it recorded. Rioli bobbed up at the most criticle times of that game every time GWS were challenging and kept them at bay. He was vital in that win and the 4 goals were very important and the most critical times

In fairness to the THE_GUN, his was only a response to winning a flag without Rioli, not that this single game makes Rioli better than certain other players.
Correct thanks

In a game Richmond won by nealry 40 points.

40 points was the end result but as a Richmond supporter i can tell you the margin flattered Richmond and the game was in the balance most of the game.

Will Langford played a pretty good game in a big match once.
Played well enough for the 6 weeks prior to keep Sewell out of the GF team as well.

As mentioned by Monkey King - I was responding to the question would Richmond have won without Rioli, As a Richmond supporter who has watched that game 3 times and still have it recorded. Rioli bobbed up at the most criticle times of that game every time GWS were challenging and kept them at bay. He was vital in that win and the 4 goals were very important and the most critical times

Correct thanks

40 points was the end result but as a Richmond supporter i can tell you the margin flattered Richmond and the game was in the balance most of the game.
You still win he he doesn’t play.

I would still take Francis with pick 1.
887-F8783-EDDD-411-B-A230-81458635-B7-C6.gif

Rioli missed a large portion of the season so reading into totals is a pointless exercise. For what it’s worth, Rioli averaged marginally more disposals while Tippa averaged marginally more goals and marks.

Statistically speaking, there’s not much separating Rioli and Tipungwuti. They’re almost identical. I have Rioli ahead because he produces the spectacular more often. I’d be surprised if someone who watches them both closely had Tippa ahead. I would also be surprised if someone would take Tippa over Daniel right now, given that Daniel is four years younger and is arguably better.

As for the Gresham debate. No argument really. He has Rioli covered.

Gresham > Rioli > Tippa

Rioli missed a large portion of the season so reading into totals is a pointless exercise. For what it’s worth, Rioli averaged marginally more disposals while Tippa averaged marginally more goals and marks.

Statistically speaking, there’s not much separating Rioli and Tipungwuti. They’re almost identical. I have Rioli ahead because he produces the spectacular more often. I’d be surprised if someone who watches them both closely had Tippa ahead. I would also be surprised if someone would take Tippa over Daniel right now, given that Daniel is four years younger and is arguably better.

As for the Gresham debate. No argument really. He has Rioli covered.

Gresham > Rioli > Tippa

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Tippa would go ahead of Rioli in a draft redo. More that as of now they are about equal as players and it's laughable to suggest that Rioli would be top 5 in this draft so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back