Sri Lanka tour of New Zealand (2 Tests, 3 ODIs, 1 T20I)

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Unrelated to this thread but interesting that we have Pakistan and NZ next year at home then India again the following year

Yes, I am very disappointed that the same team is coming here twice in 3 years. The scheduling of international cricket has always been a joke.

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
Looked very flat so kiwis could still chase a target pretty quickly but they need a wicket in the first hour, worry for nz is by the time they get another new ball the game will already out of reach.

Impressive fight from SL though after getting thumped at home and 3 down for nothing twice here you would expect them to crumble.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Looked very flat so kiwis could still chase a target pretty quickly but they need a wicket in the first hour, worry for nz is by the time they get another new ball the game will already out of reach.

Impressive fight from SL though after getting thumped at home and 3 down for nothing twice here you would expect them to crumble.

Huge chance of rain within an hour of play starting. They are incredibly close to earning a draw.

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
reminds me of a few SL tours to england in the past 10 or so years, the SL middle/lower order pulling test matches out of the fire and even stealing test/series wins.

That 2014 series in england was insane, didn't get the hype it deserved because it was SL but to have finishes like this back to back seems impossible.

This was also the series foxpsorts didn't cover or didn't have the rights to.

(1st test)

(2nd).

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
New Zealand's summer of cricket is a strange one this year. 2 tests now vs Sri Lanka, then 3 ODI's vs Sri Lanka, 5 ODI's vs India, 3 ODI's vs Bangladesh and then 3 Tests vs Bangladesh in March. I understand its a World Cup year, but still.

Sammo360

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
New Zealand's summer of cricket is a strange one this year. 2 tests now vs Sri Lanka, then 3 ODI's vs Sri Lanka, 5 ODI's vs India, 3 ODI's vs Bangladesh and then 3 Tests vs Bangladesh in March. I understand its a World Cup year, but still.

Good that the Bangladesh series is going ahead as per FTP. Not doing an Australia and telling them don't bother coming.

Last edited:
Lakmal ripped through the top order, but Watling and Southee have restored respectability. Southee closing in on his high score, which he made in his first Test innings.
Didn't make it, out for 68.

NZ lost their last 4 wickets for 6 runs to be all out for 178.

Back