Not open for further replies.

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A440DA52-8E69-40B2-94F8-F18C61AC7A1E.jpeg
Had to share

I presume they both got reported on the news?

If Beveridge got hit by a car I’d expect it to be reported.
You're joking aren't you? Headline? Off session? This guys not even working in the AFL.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is the Channel 10 news for real??? Headline story about Hird getting hit by car. An 8 year old got killed by a car FFS!!!
Seriously? He got hit yesterday why run with it today, not even getting into the fact that it's barely newsworthy apart from line or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam1967

Team Captain
Oct 3, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
QPR, Bengals
After all Majak has endured (guilty on a negative front from me), he finally has a year playing back where he looked good.

Can't start to wonder the headspace he was in, but just reinforces why we need to help Tom Boyd through his problems any way we can.

Another salient example as to why we shouldn't take such a cavalier approach when it comes to discussions about players mental health and their ability to take the field or otherwise as has been evident on this very board in the past few days. Regardless of whether or not its mindless trolling.

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Another salient example as to why we shouldn't take such a cavalier approach when it comes to discussions about players mental health and their ability to take the field or otherwise as has been evident on this very board in the past few days. Regardless of whether or not its mindless trolling.

A nice sentiment but I highly doubt players are reading the shite here. But hey for arguments sake assume they do.

Not a shot at you but should players with reported mental health issues be immune from having their ability to perform/take the field even discussed? Is respectful discussion okay? Who defines 'cavalier discussion'? You?

What about those players with unreported mental health issues? So maybe just to be safe perhaps we dont criticise or discuss anyone?

Of more relevance might be people watching how they refer to each other here given there seems a good chunk of people posting here with self admitted mental health issues (and they most definitely do read what is written here).

All the best to Majak. A terrible thing.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A nice sentiment but I highly doubt players are reading the shite here. But hey for arguments sake assume they do.

Not a shot at you but should players with reported mental health issues be immune from having their ability to perform/take the field even discussed? Is respectful discussion okay? Who defines 'cavalier discussion'? You?

What about those players with unreported mental health issues? So maybe just to be safe perhaps we dont criticise or discuss anyone?

Of more relevance might be people watching how they refer to each other here given there seems a good chunk of people posting here with self admitted mental health issues (and they most definitely do read what is written here).

All the best to Majak. A terrible thing.
Think Norm was referring to a number of posts in recent days which could be seen as criticism of Boyd for still not being 100% right and the ensuing calls for him to retire to relieve cap space as a result. Worth noting that these calls came on the back of assumptions about Boyd's health made after reading into some vague comments by another player.

There will always be criticism of the performance of professional athletes but in my opinion there certainly is a line to be drawn and I'd prefer to err on the side of caution rather than rip into a particular individual because he isn't performing to my uninformed expectations.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So what happened with Daw?

Misadventure, or did he try to top himself?
There was a post on the Melbourne subreddit before anything about Majak was announced, the poster said they saw someone pull up their car, get out, then jump. Make of that what you will

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Think Norm was referring to a number of posts in recent days which could be seen as criticism of Boyd for still not being 100% right and the ensuing calls for him to retire to relieve cap space as a result. Worth noting that these calls came on the back of assumptions about Boyd's health made after reading into some vague comments by another player.

There will always be criticism of the performance of professional athletes but in my opinion there certainly is a line to be drawn and I'd prefer to err on the side of caution rather than rip into a particular individual because he isn't performing to my uninformed expectations.

My uninformed expectations of Boyd are very low.

Based on last year unless something dramatically changes with Boyd he is likely to be playing twos or not at all for much of this year IMO. Obviously if it pans out that way that is a massive waste of cap. I can understand people questioning his value to the list.

Is making such a commment going to somehow jeopardize Toms mental health?

It just seems there is an increasing intolerance of alternate views here and people trying to censor other people. Isn't that what mods are for? Maybe its just reflective of society.

It would be nice to read a discussion of a variety of views rather than people seeking to censor or attack others when an outlying view is raised.

My favourite is the post begininning with, 'Anyone who thinks x is a dumb campaigner'

And yes I am aware of the irony contained within this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back