Teams 2019 My RDT Team: H&A

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 595124

1st crack. Tried to find value in players where I feel they will be keepers end of season. Tossing up between the 2 mid pricers (Hanners/Libe) or just going a rookie / premium. Just conscious that my 2018 semi-prem priced gambles never really paid off last year (i.e. Savage, Seedsman, Walters).
Not bad

Is Cameron guaranteed games? That ruck two spot is the only weak point

Like the Newman, Brayshaw, Zerrett, Heeney and Lynch picks, they're all firmly on my radar too.

Not bad

Is Cameron guaranteed games? That ruck two spot is the only weak point

Like the Newman, Brayshaw, Zerrett, Heeney and Lynch picks, they're all firmly on my radar too.
Not sure about that one either, guess will have to monitor the preseaon reports.

Does anyone know what role Preuss is playing at Melbourne? Is he going to be in the mould of Cox (he he), where he chops out with Gawn but sits predominantly in the fwd line (taking over from Hogan)?

I'm looking at an ultra risky backline at this early stage. Got most of the crocks in there (and would have had Doc as well if not for his new acl). Will be relying on the medical teams to be doing a very good job this pre season with all of B Smith, Z Williams, D Roberton, P Hanley and G Birchall on the field. Will see what the pre season brings us.

I will be interested to see how many of the starting 22 will be in my squad come round 1.
Only starting with 3 uber premiums in Brayshaw, Grundy and Danger. Will require a number of upgrades although I am banking on the likes of Williams, B Smith, Zerrett, Zorko, Dusty, Kreuzer, Greene & Heeney being keepers.
Those who like to get extra cover using DPP will be disappointed this year. There is absolutely bugger all who have Def/Mid category.

RDT first team.png

No Doch? Should be in for a nice discount this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read Champion Data's article in the paper a couple of weeks ago where they rated every club's list and how many "elite" players each club has. They showed Majak Daw and Trent Dumont as elite, yet Tom Mitchell was not together with a number of other very strange choices.
I think they have lost all credibility.

I will be interested to see how many of the starting 22 will be in my squad come round 1.
Only starting with 3 uber premiums in Brayshaw, Grundy and Danger. Will require a number of upgrades although I am banking on the likes of Williams, B Smith, Zerrett, Zorko, Dusty, Kreuzer, Greene & Heeney being keepers.
Those who like to get extra cover using DPP will be disappointed this year. There is absolutely bugger all who have Def/Mid category.

View attachment 596535
Midprice madness gone mad...I love it!

I love the King (Jack Darling) too, but could never select him in my fantasy side. What’s the rationale, ‘coot?

Midprice madness gone mad...I love it!

I love the King (Jack Darling) too, but could never select him in my fantasy side. What’s the rationale, ‘coot?
There is certainly a number of mid priced selections here, particularly in the backline. However, barring injury, I expect 4 of them to be in my final team.
Both Darling and Lynch are speculative picks atm basically because we don't know yet what forward rookie options we have. I expect both to increase on their score of this year, particularly lynch but if another rook puts his hand up, I will change it to him plus a known keeper..
Darling is value due to his two injury games where he scored 3 & 5 bringing his average down by 10. Daniher may be a better mid priced option though.

I can see a 1000 changes to the below but it really is midprice madness and madness in general....

Defenders

Alex Witherden $629,400
Nic Newman $544,300
Kade Kolodjashnij $482,800
Brodie Smith $388,000
Sam Collins $208,100
Hugh Goddard $164,300

Isaac Cumming $185,200
Jack Scrimshaw $171,700

Midfielders

Tom Mitchell $924,000
Stephen Coniglio $789,500
Dayne Beams $756,800
James Harmes $594,000
Aaron Hall $461,300
Anthony Miles $390,500
Tom Liberatore $360,800
Brett Bewley $149,400

Sam Walsh $249,400
Charlie Constable $157,900
Xavier O'Halloran $149,400

Rucks

Brodie Grundy $858,300
Matthew Kreuzer $567,400

Zac Clarke $204,700

Forwards

Josh Dunkley $685,100
Isaac Heeney $648,800
James Worpel $488,000
Tom J. Lynch $479,900
Paddy Dow $397,000
Will Setterfield $212,400

Jack Lukosius $244,400
Bailey Williams $149,400

I
I can see a 1000 changes to the below but it really is midprice madness and madness in general....

Defenders

Alex Witherden $629,400
Nic Newman $544,300
Kade Kolodjashnij $482,800
Brodie Smith $388,000
Sam Collins $208,100
Hugh Goddard $164,300

Isaac Cumming $185,200
Jack Scrimshaw $171,700

Midfielders

Tom Mitchell $924,000
Stephen Coniglio $789,500
Dayne Beams $756,800
James Harmes $594,000
Aaron Hall $461,300
Anthony Miles $390,500
Tom Liberatore $360,800
Brett Bewley $149,400

Sam Walsh $249,400
Charlie Constable $157,900
Xavier O'Halloran $149,400

Rucks

Brodie Grundy $858,300
Matthew Kreuzer $567,400

Zac Clarke $204,700

Forwards

Josh Dunkley $685,100
Isaac Heeney $648,800
James Worpel $488,000
Tom J. Lynch $479,900
Paddy Dow $397,000
Will Setterfield $212,400

Jack Lukosius $244,400
Bailey Williams $149,400
I like the KK pick. Would like to have him myself as the Dees seem to be saying he will play in the midfield. Just not sure who I'll replace him with as I'm also happy with my other mid priced defenders although things could change a lot in the next three months. Libba is another who I will monitor closely in the pre season although he hasn't scored more than 81 since 2014. A rookie may be a better option.
I personally think Mitchell is just too expensive to start with. He will only need one poor game to drop dramatically. I plan on getting him then.

I
I personally think Mitchell is just too expensive to start with. He will only need one poor game to drop dramatically. I plan on getting him then.
Yeah I can certainly see the argument against. For me it’s 2 factors...1. I’m scared AF not being able to get him in if I don’t just start with him...FOMO. 2. I’m a Hawks supporter so it makes sense just to start with him :)

Did you find some of the weirdest rookie names just for the lulz?

Schlensog, Red Og, Owies, Hore ;)

Anyways

Laird and Whitfield yes. Sicily upgrade for mine, too injury and suspension prone for that price, would rather just roll with Greene up forward instead who has the same traits at over 200k cheaper, at least if you need to trade Greene early it'll be easy to jump onto the best fast starting rookie/midpricer you don't have, while holding him might not be that hard also provided the situation.

Oliver and Scully yes, Treloar, Kelly and Cripps maybe. Rucks set and forget fair enough, Danger, Greene and Heeney yes, Gray is a no, supercoach only, burnt me after the byes last season after getting on him early and getting only one good month from him, then he got moved forward and scored 60s most weeks. Westhoff need to watch his role before committing as Lycett might move him around if Ryder stays fit, might be an upgrade target instead though as RUC/FWD coverage is crucial.

Hayes should be a solid rookie for us, would've thought he'd have MID/FWD DPP though

On players you don't have, I think there's significant value looking at Newman, Smith and KK who will all be high on my watchlist down back out of these midpricers.

You can't be truly serious with that backline? How could you possibly not have Williams and Smith? I know that rookies are only placeholders atm however when it comes time to actually put your rooks in you will probably find it too difficult to match your current ones at the prices you have allotted. Most of your rookies come the start of the season will be costing an extra $30K or more. eg - it would be silly not to start with Walsh. A ball magnet who will average in the 70-80 range at worst.
You have selected Scully in the middle. It is more than likely that he will not play at all this year. In fact, some say he will never play again. Better look again and replace him with Hanners who is another must-have at his price.
I agree with pups in that Gray is an awful pick. Spends far too much time as a deep forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back