Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think they may want to put Life Line contact on that article

Yeah didn't realise it was that when I first read it. I thought it was just drunken shenanigans at first but it's sounding like it's a bit more sinister...

Yeah didn't realise it was that when I first read it. I thought it was just drunken shenanigans at first but it's sounding like it's a bit more sinister...

Yeah there is no real way to get to that bridge unless you're driving. There are no bike or footpaths on it. It's also very high so given what has happened, he's very lucky.

Yeah there is no real way to get to that bridge unless you're driving. There are no bike or footpaths on it. It's also very high so given what has happened, he's very lucky.
Reported that a witness saw a man stop his car and jump. Well known area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whenever I read one of these involving a high profile person I think money isnt everything.

Hope Majak gets well.
He hasn't even been paid well over his career. Spent a fair bit of time as a rookiee and would have to be on one of the lowest tier senior pay grades now.

Lifeline is brilliant by the way.

Mental Health is a bitch to get right for a lot of people. It's okay to struggle with it. You need to eliminate any shame or guilt with struggling though.

You shouldnt feel shame if you get a cold, just get some rest and or meds and off you go. Should be the same with mental health.

In case anyone reading is struggling just know that it gets better, your negative thoughts are a pitiful bully, and you Are stronger than that.

And there is NO shame in reaching out!

Sad news, so many people seem to be struggling with mental issues these days, hope he gets the help he needs to work through it.

On another note what a shitshow the main board thread on this topic has become, so many threads on here lately seem to get derailed by an extreme right vs pc brigade dick measuring contest.

Sad news, so many people seem to be struggling with mental issues these days, hope he gets the help he needs to work through it.

On another note what a shitshow the main board thread on this topic has become, so many threads on here lately seem to get derailed by an extreme right vs pc brigade dick measuring contest.
This. In the world of instant communication and social media, everybody can have their say. You will find that the loudest, most recognised voices are often the most emotional or misinformed, and those with balanced opinions refrain from entering a discussion with extreme viewpoints that can't be rationally reasoned with in the current environment.

Media picking and choosing which news trends to cultivate doesn't help. In the 15 minutes I was unfortunate enough to watch Ch7 news (after the cricket), every single story was regarding sexual harassment or domestic violence against women, with a few very opinionated highlights. Pretty sure there's a lot more s**t going on in the world, for example a mental health crisis effecting men & women that's crippling the nation.

I throw my arms up at pretty much every single news outlet in this country. Journalists aren't scientists or lawyers, engineers or otherwise, but as a business news is now cultivated to give subjective opinions and direct public thought. It's making a mockery of even debate and as a result we get these extreme voices that people are prepared to listen to or counter with their own emotion.

This. In the world of instant communication and social media, everybody can have their say. You will find that the loudest, most recognised voices are often the most emotional or misinformed, and those with balanced opinions refrain from entering a discussion with extreme viewpoints that can't be rationally reasoned with in the current environment.

Media picking and choosing which news trends to cultivate doesn't help. In the 15 minutes I was unfortunate enough to watch Ch7 news (after the cricket), every single story was regarding sexual harassment or domestic violence against women, with a few very opinionated highlights. Pretty sure there's a lot more s**t going on in the world, for example a mental health crisis effecting men & women that's crippling the nation.

I throw my arms up at pretty much every single news outlet in this country. Journalists aren't scientists or lawyers, engineers or otherwise, but as a business news is now cultivated to give subjective opinions and direct public thought. It's making a mockery of even debate and as a result we get these extreme voices that people are prepared to listen to or counter with their own emotion.
Most news is just designed to generate clicks really. It’s the primary way that the news industry sustains itself financially these days, and the best way to generate clicks is to provoke or titillate nuffies on all sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back