Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the updates with this? Seems to have lost a lot of momentum looking at the amount of signatures the last couple weeks. Do we have enough to make a case?

What are the updates with this? Seems to have lost a lot of momentum looking at the amount of signatures the last couple weeks. Do we have enough to make a case?

The case was made very well and was exceptionally well received and now there is a natural lull before the next phase.

Awesome. What's next then? Is it the club going to the AFL or is there something more "we" have to do?
it's been said before but

Step 1. Petition
Step 2. ?
Step 3. Wear the Bars

Awesome. What's next then? Is it the club going to the AFL or is there something more "we" have to do?

The next thing we do is Christmas, take a bit of a break from it all. In the new year we should see more movement.

In the mean time, recommend the pages to your friends and family, get a few signatures across the Christmas table.

Keep positive, the best thing we can do is keep sharing Facebook, Twitter and the petition.

I'll make a conscious effort to wear PBs at every home game but perhaps the guys in charge of this movement could put something on social media encouraging people to do just that, plus make banners etc. Something to think about when the season is upon us.

The offseason is about raising awareness of this movement as much as we can, and the start has been terrific. The petition is great but it's certainly not the be all and end all. We want to hit round 1 with this being something that everyone in the stadium is already aware of, then we really have a platform to launch.

Remember the ultimate goal here is to get public support so overwhelmingly in our favour that we can't be denied by the club or the league. We're still a while off that, and if we fire off our shot now, we lose. It's a slow build.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the responses. I was just getting a bit anxious that we've hit a wall with no real "phase 2".
If phase 2 is simply sharing on social media and showing up with the prison bars on gameday then count me in!

it's been said before but

Step 1. Petition
Step 2. ?
Step 3. Wear the Bars
Not true, step 2 is a waiting game with social pressure to add to the already succesful start.
Anyone expecting immediate announcements will be sorely disappointed as that’s not how the AFL works.

Not true, step 2 is a waiting game with social pressure to add to the already succesful start.
Anyone expecting immediate announcements will be sorely disappointed as that’s not how the AFL works.

Oh don't get me wrong, we're on the right track.

Fully agree it's the waiting game now.

SgtSchulz what a great find. Here is the full picture.

Should have a competition to see who can name the most number of players correctly - without zooming/blowing up the top part of the picture which has the names. Reckon I can name 15 off the top of my head but then it starts to get harder.

48367245_992181350970700_2366609271669391360_n.jpg

Last edited:
Des Drogemuller caught me out. Not sure about the blonde guy on Lummy's left. Looks like David Kemp but the name is too blurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back