TommyD13

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United Southampton
Got mine today. Also came with my five consecutive years certificate and badge. However, one of those things that really annoys me now on hindsight is that this is actually my 12th year since becoming a member, as I first signed up in 2008, but missed the years 2012,13 and 14 due to a poor financial situation. I understand its a consecutive year thing, but its not like i jumped off the dogs in those years like one could assume. I wonder if the club would consider changing the years tally as I guess I do see it as a bit disheartening being a '5 year member' when I really know its been 12. However, must say I'm stoked to receive my pack this year and cant wait for 2019! Go Dogs!

cecil

Club Legend
Feb 28, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Gillard has them all covered by the length of Flemington straight

Off topic, but I saw her at a talk the day Turnbull got rolled and gee she was an impressive individual. Had every opportunity to politicize and lay the boots into Rudd, Abbott et al, but avoided it at all costs/

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Off topic, but I saw her at a talk the day Turnbull got rolled and gee she was an impressive individual. Had every opportunity to politicize and lay the boots into Rudd, Abbott et al, but avoided it at all costs/

I’m not really sure that she had the chance when the Labour Party pretty much did the same thing re Rudd and herself.

But impressive that any poli didn’t take the chance to deflect and blame the other side it’s the part of our politics I cannot stand the most.

It’s like two teenagers fighting in the school yard.

It wasn’t me it was them.
But they did it first.

They are all useless

Eastdog

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
Got my pack yesterday.

I like the scarf and bumper sticker. The bumper sticker looks good and is a decent size. Like the free coffee voucher at the Barkers Cafe. I had a coffee there last Saturday and could come in handy if I go to the VFL at WO.

Also a few weeks ago at the East West day I signed up as a East West Bulldogs member.

Now we need to perform on field.

Go Dogs!

TommyD13

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United Southampton
You missed three years of membership?? By my reckoning that means you haven’t been a member for twelve years.
I never said it was. I said it was twelve years since I first signed up. I also acknowledged that it was a consecutive years thing, and said it is one of those things that annoys me when I look back on it, because I know its theoretically more than 5.

I never said it was. I said it was twelve years since I first signed up. I also acknowledged that it was a consecutive years thing, and said it is one of those things that annoys me when I look back on it, because I know its theoretically more than 5.

Fairnuff. Not having a go old mate. Just saying.

What a nice Christmas present - my 2019 member's pack arrived today. The 30 consecutive years member pin, patch and certificate were a nice addition, though that dreadful year I lived in Perth prevented me from a 40 Year consecutive member acknowledgement.

Zsa Zsa's Pet Member certificate, especially the "Bulldog in disguise" part was appropriate, considering she's a cat. I thought the fold up pet bowl with her name on it was a great Christmas gift, though at first I thought it was a Jewish kippa. She is neither male, nor Jewish. I'll let her decide on the latter when she's old enough. :D

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Mine came yesterday too. Scarves are good, pen is handy. From the pictures above this year’s stuff looks better than last years, bumper sticker included.

The consecutive year badges are great - I got my 25 year one last year. Only issue is that the club never kept or lost records of how long people have been members. They had a questionnaire several years ago where they asked how many years you had been a member. I had to think back and I put down what I could recall - back to the days of a reserved seat on the wooden benches on the wing at WO.

I t wasn't until I did some cleaning up, that I found my membership cards pre dating the year I said by 3 or 4 years, so i guess I've done myself out of a potential 30 year member next year!

Oh well, it's a nice touch

The consecutive year badges are great - I got my 25 year one last year. Only issue is that the club never kept or lost records of how long people have been members. They had a questionnaire several years ago where they asked how many years you had been a member. I had to think back and I put down what I could recall - back to the days of a reserved seat on the wooden benches on the wing at WO.

I t wasn't until I did some cleaning up, that I found my membership cards pre dating the year I said by 3 or 4 years, so i guess I've done myself out of a potential 30 year member next year!

Oh well, it's a nice touch

What year did they start putting the "member since" on the back of the card (or equivalent) roughly?

Back