glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
I got around 45 mins in I reckon, or at least just prior to it "becoming good". I saw enough to turn off a superhero movie, a rarity.

I definitely agree your earlier point about the uniqueness of these movies leading to overhype. I find that’s very applicable to Black Panther.

But before putting WW in the same category, you need to have actually seen it to be in a position to do so. It definitely gets better, especially once the enter the battlefields.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I definitely agree your earlier point about the uniqueness of these movies leading to overhype. I find that’s very applicable to Black Panther.

But before putting WW in the same category, you need to have actually seen it to be in a position to do so. It definitely gets better, especially once the enter the battlefields.
I actually think it starts and ends pretty poorly (the final battle is rubbish). The middle is pretty good.

Sure I will watch the rest but if a movie starts s**t and ends good is it overall a good movie? I watched BP and at no point did I want to turn it off. So it's already above WW.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
I actually think it starts and ends pretty poorly (the final battle is rubbish). The middle is pretty good.

It was way too over the top, CGI wise. Quite jarring considering the rest of the movie had/needed quite minimal special effects.

Sure I will watch the rest but if a movie starts s**t and ends good is it overall a good movie? I watched BP and at no point did I want to turn it off. So it's already above WW.

All valid points, not arguing. I’m just saying a film needs to be seen in its entirety before making a full judgement of where it lands.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
FWIW I think WW was fantastic, the end battle did what they all do (especially true of DC) and became a cgi heavy mess but the rest was fantastic and Gal was brilliant.

BP I can understand the criticism a little more. It being nommed for a globe and possibly best picture Oscar is ludicrous in my opinion. It was very similar to other Marvel films and didn’t elevate in many ways with the exception of Jordan’s ott performance as killmonger and okoye.

WW was overated. Too much bullet dodging and deflecting, then some bullshit powers come out of nowhere at the end of a movie to defeat Ares, who apparently Zeus couldn't even defeat.

Lots of this

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

5a8c36c94a84e65cc236f1d1842d49cd.gif

more of this?

giphy.gif

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
WW was overated. Too much bullet dodging and deflecting, then some bullshit powers come out of nowhere at the end of a movie to defeat Ares, who apparently Zeus couldn't even defeat.

Yeh cause Marvel never makes up the powers or re writes what they are to suit a fight.

Looking forward to Captain Marvel. Dont know much about her.
She's one of the best characters in the MCU. If the movie holds up well(almost a given), it opens the door to many offshoots.

Really hoping that Marvel Studios re-think Inhumans and give them a movie of their own.

Back