Politicians having affairs- does it change your vote?

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
" I cheated on my missus cos we have a foster kid "

**** meeeeeeeee what a mutt this campaigner is

Please tell me that campaigner didnt say that.

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
i s**t you not

Yeah I'm sure the foster kid will enjoy being held up as such a burden as to excuse this s**t.

Absolute ******* wankstain.

Bad Horse

Petfood
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Please tell me that campaigner didnt say that.

In an email sent to members of the Nationals Mallee branch on Tuesday night, he said he'd decided not to re-contest the election during a conversation with his wife as they walked through Mildura that morning.

The 43-year-old said the scandal was not the only factor in their decision, with Broad also spending a lot of time away from home, leaving him unable to help his wife with their new foster child.

'We have had a year when I have been away too much, where extra responsibilities have been placed upon us with an additional foster child, and I made a grave error of judgement and allowed myself to be in a situation that is not appropriate,' Mr Broad wrote.

'Politics is a strange vocation, I have always said that I would try to speak common sense and not get a big head.'

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
In an email sent to members of the Nationals Mallee branch on Tuesday night, he said he'd decided not to re-contest the election during a conversation with his wife as they walked through Mildura that morning.

The 43-year-old said the scandal was not the only factor in their decision, with Broad also spending a lot of time away from home, leaving him unable to help his wife with their new foster child.

'We have had a year when I have been away too much, where extra responsibilities have been placed upon us with an additional foster child, and I made a grave error of judgement and allowed myself to be in a situation that is not appropriate,' Mr Broad wrote.

'Politics is a strange vocation, I have always said that I would try to speak common sense and not get a big head.'
Seems a bit of a stretch to say he blamed having an affair on them having a foster child then.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Seems a bit of a stretch to say he blamed having an affair on them having a foster child then.
True, but it’s still a s**t statement, acting like the responsibility of a foster kid was forced on him rather than, you know, his decision. And by tying it all together in one sentence, he does seem to imply that it contributed to his making a poor decision rather than just being a s**t bloke with terrible dirty talk skills.

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
True, but it’s still a s**t statement, acting like the responsibility of a foster kid was forced on him rather than, you know, his decision. And by tying it all together in one sentence, he does seem to imply that it contributed to his making a poor decision rather than just being a s**t bloke with terrible dirty talk skills.
I still think you're trying to see something that isn't really there. It's obviously a PR spin to try and say there is more to him retiring than just the affair. Those other factors most likely have been adding extra stress to his life and family, but he wouldn't have resigned without this latest hullabaloo rearing it's head.

Despite him being by all accounts a bit of a knob, I've also got to give him credit for being a foster parent, which is an incredibly difficult thing to take on. And despite how poorly I think of people thst cheat on their partners, I also know that there are a lot of people that are good people that make those same errors, but it would be unfair to tar them overall as a horrible person because of that.

Essentially I'm saying he's a human being with redeemable qualities. But maybe I'm just being more forgiving because of the season!

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Barnaby Joyce says he received reports when he was Nationals leader of alleged sexual indiscretions by Andrew Broad, undermining a claim by Deputy Prime Minister Michael McCormack that he was unaware of “allegations of impropriety” against the now disgraced Victorian MP until this week.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...d/news-story/f2269ed0b1496027b4c25aaac495431f

Barnaby wants to be leader again
I can't read the article, but I am wondering why the beetrooter didn't act on the reports when he was leader?

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
I can't read the article, but I am wondering why the beetrooter didn't act on the reports when he was leader?
Mr Joyce said he had heard the allegations when he was leader, but none were substantiated. “Issues were brought to my attention but no complaints were ever made, so there was nothing to pursue because you can’t go chasing rumours,” Mr Joyce told The Australian.

Another Nationals MP said Mr McCormack had placed the party and the government at risk by failing to conduct sufficient due diligence on Mr Broad before appointing him to the frontbench.

“This is basic stuff,” one MP said. “When there is that much smoke, you need to give someone an absolute working-over to ensure it isn’t true.”

Back