QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

No blocker he is a nephew of one of our assistant coaches and we have spoke to him more likely to play for Sorrento in Vic who have a strong Melbourne fc connection and career avalabilities easier to gain will keep at it though u never know

Might help Sorrento get a premiership mate...

Might help Sorrento get a premiership mate...
For sure mate but they are very strict with their points system down there mate and Vince would certainly top it up I know Chris Dawes has retired though so probably have room unfortunately it keeps a local youngster out and for second year in their history no under 18/19s which is sad their president lunches and gate takings make them a fortune so I Spode their just happy to try and buy premierships year after year

Vince would be cherry ripe for a job in the media, so moving to Noosa surely not on his radar as out of the Vic footy bubble?

Would be a a great get, as from what I know - he's one of the best blokes getting around and loves community sport in general. Hope Noosa had him lined up for the local cricket side too!

But yeah, with the riches likely available to him via a media role - staying put down there would have to be his best option

Vince would be cherry ripe for a job in the media, so moving to Noosa surely not on his radar as out of the Vic footy bubble?

Would be a a great get, as from what I know - he's one of the best blokes getting around and loves community sport in general. Hope Noosa had him lined up for the local cricket side too!

But yeah, with the riches likely available to him via a media role - staying put down there would have to be his best option
Spot on there fan Sorrento has Eddie McGuire media as a sponsor and 2 ex channel 7 execs on their ctee so they have a much bigger pull he just luvs Noosa as a place and has family up here

Both should go up imo, qfa div 1 isnt really a competition when you know who the grand finalist are gonna be at the start of pre season

Couldn't agree more. The logistics argument of traveling too far doesn't hold up when you've got blokes from other clubs spending 10+ hours a week training/playing/traveling that know its borderline impossible to even make the grand final. Look at Maroochy's percentage 244.01% last year and Noosa's 206.33%. Both clubs are step above the rest of the comp and should move up to QAFL imo and travel further so the other div 1 blokes can actually have a hope of winning a flag.

Couldn't agree more. The logistics argument of traveling too far doesn't hold up when you've got blokes from other clubs spending 10+ hours a week training/playing/traveling that know its borderline impossible to even make the grand final. Look at Maroochy's percentage 244.01% last year and Noosa's 206.33%. Both clubs are step above the rest of the comp and should move up to QAFL imo and travel further so the other div 1 blokes can actually have a hope of winning a flag.
Interesting comment and ofcourse we have been over this before.logistics is an issue not for players but volunteers , helpers , support staff and supporters in general.i must say as a noosa person that we thoroughly enjoyed the pineapple hotel cup competition for over a decade however as a ctee 5 or 6 years ago decided a less taxing travelling comp would win back supporters and sponsors which it most certainly has.and whilst we have a long history of being in contention to win a flag we have been unable to achieve it thus far in the 5 years in the qfa comp.mayne won it three in a row,never went up and maroochy have gone back to back and are happy where they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting comment and ofcourse we have been over this before.logistics is an issue not for players but volunteers , helpers , support staff and supporters in general.i must say as a noosa person that we thoroughly enjoyed the pineapple hotel cup competition for over a decade however as a ctee 5 or 6 years ago decided a less taxing travelling comp would win back supporters and sponsors which it most certainly has.and whilst we have a long history of being in contention to win a flag we have been unable to achieve it thus far in the 5 years in the qfa comp.mayne won it three in a row,never went up and maroochy have gone back to back and are happy where they are.
Very early start next year and haven’t heard whether aflq will b running their pre season games as in past few years noosa have Broadbeach coming up in mid feb but nothing else set as yet happy to organise games with panthers and Roos if no pre organised aflq practice games

Very early start next year and haven’t heard whether aflq will b running their pre season games as in past few years noosa have Broadbeach coming up in mid feb but nothing else set as yet happy to organise games with panthers and Roos if no pre organised aflq practice games
Actually Broadbeach now coming up in early March so practise game organised for March 2nd.still looking for a full scale practise game on March 9 th at home if possible and even flirting with the idea of running a pre season lightning premiership at Noosa among all five sunny coast teams in late February which I think would b great for all the sunny coast clubs

Actually Broadbeach now coming up in early March so practise game organised for March 2nd.still looking for a full scale practise game on March 9 th at home if possible and even flirting with the idea of running a pre season lightning premiership at Noosa among all five sunny coast teams in late February which I think would b great for all the sunny coast clubs
Just received copy of fixture for 2019.noosa pretty happy although three home games in a row can stretch resources and helpers particularly with our fundraising lunches.however always happy to play at home.caloundra in round one away should be a real test straight up.recruiting going well with major focus on keeping list together Rylee buntain back at tigerland as is Ryan Jeffrey’s and don waterman all Noosa juniors who have been playing in higher competitions over past five or six years I think we missed out on a couple of Finley boys who r heading to the premiers but that’s the way it goes any word on other clubs and how they r travelling

Just received copy of fixture for 2019.noosa pretty happy although three home games in a row can stretch resources and helpers particularly with our fundraising lunches.however always happy to play at home.caloundra in round one away should be a real test straight up.recruiting going well with major focus on keeping list together Rylee buntain back at tigerland as is Ryan Jeffrey’s and don waterman all Noosa juniors who have been playing in higher competitions over past five or six years I think we missed out on a couple of Finley boys who r heading to the premiers but that’s the way it goes any word on other clubs and how they r travelling

Heard Maroochydore picked up a few others from Ovens and Murray League as well. New draw is out now.

Think everyone keeping their recruitment cards close to their chest.

One O&M (Yarrawonga), other is Murray League (Finley)
Yes have just seen the second draw pretty happy with it round one a night game at home vs cooparoo which should b a great kickstart to season have had port Adelaide at our ground this week which has been terrific

Remove this Banner Ad

Back