EDFL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He lives in Gisborne, so ultimately he's playing at a higher standard and closer to home.
It would be good for ES if they can get him back at some point down the line.

Ladder predictions and Comp medal fancys?! I’ll go
Sunbury
Mooney Valley
Northern saints
East Sunbury
Coburg districts
Jacana
Hadfield
K Park

Ty Cuffe For the Comp medal

He lives in Gisborne, so ultimately he's playing at a higher standard and closer to home.
It would be good for ES if they can get him back at some point down the line.

Brad is far too good of a footballer for Div.2 EDFL and leaves the club with full support. Was not expected to play any games when initially signed by ES, but a pre season injury forced him to play more than expected.

Brad will spend most of next year playing VFL football (not with Coburg). If not, he will be playing in the Bendigo league which is a strong league for his local club.

Finally, I think anyone at the ES vs. RP grand final would understand why he would not want to continue playing in this league. Being hit off the ball, slung/dumped in tackles week in week out... There gets to a point where football no longer is fun.

Brad is far too good of a footballer for Div.2 EDFL and leaves the club with full support. Was not expected to play any games when initially signed by ES, but a pre season injury forced him to play more than expected.

Brad will spend most of next year playing VFL football (not with Coburg). If not, he will be playing in the Bendigo league which is a strong league for his local club.

Finally, I think anyone at the ES vs. RP grand final would understand why he would not want to continue playing in this league. Being hit off the ball, slung/dumped in tackles week in week out... There gets to a point where football no longer is fun.
That is the responsibility of the umpires and EDFL. If they let this crap football go on, it doesn't matter if it's during the season or in finals games it doesn't matter. Players need to be protected and it is their responsibility to do this.

By bringing in the blue card this may help but umpires need to use it.

That is the responsibility of the umpires and EDFL. If they let this crap football go on, it doesn't matter if it's during the season or in finals games it doesn't matter. Players need to be protected and it is their responsibility to do this.

I kind of understand your response but we can’t blame umpires for everything. The league does little to prevent things which inturn actually encourages some clubs to continue on with poor behaviour. Some clubs need to pulled back into line. Yes it’s div3 but no need for thuggery behaviour.

I kind of understand your response but we can’t blame umpires for everything. The league does little to prevent things which inturn actually encourages some clubs to continue on with poor behaviour. Some clubs need to pulled back into line. Yes it’s div3 but no need for thuggery behaviour.

Absolutely, the umpires play their part, as does the League and the judiciary, however, it is the Clubs that need to be the strongest on thuggery and stamping it out.

Probably already been discussed, but once more for the old fella. Exactly what is a blue card?

Probably already been discussed, but once more for the old fella. Exactly what is a blue card?
A blue card will be used as a calm down card where a player is being over aggressive or agitated. Will be used usually where a players infringement may not warrant a send off but deserves some action taken. They will be sent off for 10 mins not including breaks, they can be replaced during this time. Two blue cards during the game for the same player will enact a yellow card.

Well that usually how it goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A blue card will be used as a calm down card where a player is being over aggressive or agitated. Will be used usually where a players infringement may not warrant a send off but deserves some action taken. They will be sent off for 10 mins not including breaks, they can be replaced during this time. Two blue cards during the game for the same player will enact a yellow card.

Well that usually how it goes.

The card has merit I guess and will be frequently used in this division. In all seriousness it’s just another task put on umpires where you would assume a good coach would just take the player off for a quick rest so my point is coaches should be doing this not umpires. An example is an umpire might issue a 50 metre penalty and then the team rule is the player comes off as a type of punishment/cool down period.

The card has merit I guess and will be frequently used in this division. In all seriousness it’s just another task put on umpires where you would assume a good coach would just take the player off for a quick rest so my point is coaches should be doing this not umpires. An example is an umpire might issue a 50 metre penalty and then the team rule is the player comes off as a type of punishment/cool down period.

Agree with you Turbo, good coaches would do this but I've seen enough bad coaches that actively encourage bad behaviour and thuggery to know that there's got to be a backup. So yes coaches AND club officials of offending players are the first line in tackling this but there's a need for a reserve, like any good game plan 😀😀. Too often bad coaches and officials almost celebrate the bad behaviour.

Good in theory mate but I doubt a coach would do that.

Anyone on here from KP? Would love an update on numbers and the likelihood of a team on the park come round 1?

Anyone on here from KP? Would love an update on numbers and the likelihood of a team on the park come round 1?

I heard prior to Christmas that they might only be fielding a Seniors side, but as per most sh!t, probably only scuttlebutt. Lets hope they get plenty of numbers there, because the Juniors are going alright.

How about other clubs, much happening with recruiting? Who has landed a big fish? When does everyone head back to training?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back