Get in the shed and gym up
Shower
Eat
Prob wash and detail the car or work in the yard
Eat
Small late arvo workout for 20 mins
Eat
Read the saints pre season thread

Like s**t chicken that is too dry to over indulge in?

Rib eye

LAmb on spit

Pork belly

Chicken

Pizza

Donuts

2 minute noodles

mother in laws cooking

Daylight

Turkey.

That podium is a universial given. Even the order is correct. Proven by the science. Is the inclusion of your M-I-L an obvious and somewhat clumsy attempt to curry (a glaring omission) favour with her? Anyhow, I intend to spend my Xmas in the usual manner.

First, I will head down to the local soup kitchen and dish out food parcels to the homeless. Then it's off to the Salvos to serve up Xmas lunch to the needy. After that, I'll head to the animal shelter and tend to those needing care and affection, while adopting all those on death row. A sandwich with Ruth, before attending a multi-faith service where all religions come together to celebrate in peace and harmony. Then it's back home to feed the various carollers who do such a great job singing for our enjoyment. I'll then donate all my presents to the Smith Family. After that, I'll hug Ruth and gently weep on her shoulder, thinking of all the suffering in the world.

I hope you all have a safe, happy and enjoyable day, filled with bonhommie. I also hope you all get shitloads of presents, especially ones you really want. It is ever so much better to receive than give. Except when you're in prison. Merry Xmas everyone!

Rib eye

LAmb on spit

Pork belly

Chicken

Pizza

Donuts

2 minute noodles

mother in laws cooking

Daylight

Turkey.

Christmas and Thanks-giving are a conspiracy cooked up by the Turkey industry to sell their older fertiliser production units under the guise of "tradition".

That podium is a universial given. Even the order is correct. Proven by the science. Is the inclusion of your M-I-L an obvious and somewhat clumsy attempt to curry (a glaring omission) favour with her? Anyhow, I intend to spend my Xmas in the usual manner.

First, I will head down to the local soup kitchen and dish out food parcels to the homeless. Then it's off to the Salvos to serve up Xmas lunch to the needy. After that, I'll head to the animal shelter and tend to those needing care and affection, while adopting all those on death row. A sandwich with Ruth, before attending a multi-faith service where all religions come together to celebrate in peace and harmony. Then it's back home to feed the various carollers who do such a great job singing for our enjoyment. I'll then donate all my presents to the Smith Family. After that, I'll hug Ruth and gently weep on her shoulder, thinking of all the suffering in the world.

I hope you all have a safe, happy and enjoyable day, filled with bonhommie. I also hope you all get shitloads of presents, especially ones you really want. It is ever so much better to receive than give. Except when you're in prison. Merry Xmas everyone!
i dunno how it is in Melbourne but here in Perth there is a litteral wait list to serve lunch to the needy on christmas day the wife and i looked into it last year and we were told we could do it in 2019 ....
im fortunate enough to have had a pretty successful year this year so we did a double up on our usual foodbank donation and wish christmas tree presents ... this year we also had the great idea of purchasing the family gifts from the OxFam store.. if you havent been there before i highly recommend it some of the stuff they have in there is fantastic all made from poverished nations in sustainable fair trade situations, the quality of the hand made goods is fantastic ...

for our friends we do what we call the SSS... thats the "Salvos Secret Santa" basically instead of a $20 limit on the secret santa we have a $20 limit but the item has to come from a salvos or Vinnies store ... its always a good laugh as some very retro shirts usually get a good run :) this year i scored a fantastic LP of "The Christmas Album - Nana Mouskouri" for my friend who has a resemblance to Nana... last year i scored a lime green shirt with 6 (yes thats right 6) pockets and an LP of "Ripper 76" the classic hits of 1976 ...

I'm calling bullshit on the animal shelter...

The rest is plausible.

Last edited:
i dunno how it is in Melbourne but here in Perth there is a litteral wait list to serve lunch to the needy on christmas day the wife and i looked into it last year and we were told we could do it in 2019 ....
im fortunate enough to have had a pretty successful year this year so we did a double up on our usual foodbank donation and wish christmas tree presents ... this year we also had the great idea of purchasing the family gifts from the OxFam store.. if you havent been there before i highly recommend it some of the stuff they have in there is fantastic all made from poverished nations in sustainable fair trade situations, the quality of the hand made goods is fantastic ...

for our friends we do what we call the SSS... thats the "Salvos Secret Santa" basically instead of a $20 limit on the secret santa we have a $20 limit but the item has to come from a salvos or Vinnies store ... its always a good laugh as some very retro shirts usually get a good run :) this year i scored a fantastic LP of "The Christmas Album - Nana Mouskouri" for my friend who has a resemblance to Nana... last year i scored a lime green shirt with 6 (yes thats right 6) pockets and an LP of "Ripper 76" the classic hits of 1976 ...

On my side of the family we just all pool money to donate these days. None of us want anything any more anyway. The kids still get presents but none of the adults care. We just have a secret Santa thing with the wife's family too. Makes Christmas shopping easier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On my side of the family we just all pool money to donate these days. None of us want anything any more anyway. The kids still get presents but none of the adults care. We just have a secret Santa thing with the wife's family too. Makes Christmas shopping easier.
honestly in my family its only my mother who has the view that everyone needs to get a gift otherwise we would do away with them for the adults as well, its a pretty wasteful thing every year .. thats why we do the SSS as a bit of a laugh more than anything else

I'm coming over, save a spot for me. Turkey is a s**t bird, no-one even likes it.

We do an old school English style one for my family on Christmas Eve and then go for a Croatian version with the wife's family on the day.
It’s quite nice if it’s cooked properly, it replaced the traditional goose because it’s cheep and you can produce them in vast numbers.

I haven’t bothered with a turkey for years it’s the ham, roast chickens and a roast loin of pork along with roast veg and various sides these days. Desert is a pumpkin pie and a fruit topped pav, I’m pretty much the only person who likes a beer so Christmas is usually a dry day.

I catch up with my brother and sisters and their kids before or after Christmas, my wife’s sisters live interstate. It’s a pretty casual day for my family some attend church in the morning but with no large extended family here it’s not as hectic as some.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas and new year, enjoy yourselves and stay safe.

By the way, what's it like having Christmas in midsummer? I don't think I could used to it.
Some people have modernised the menu to reflect the heat of an Australian summer, so it’s seafood and salads.

Traditionally we have just ignored the heat and served up traditional northern hemisphere food, it’s bloody stupid to be honest. I don’t think most locals really notice , a hit of cricket after lunch is a traditional way of burning off a few calories and then it’s a nap before tea.

Your countrymen swarm to St Kilda beach here in Melbourne where they drink themselves silly and make a hell of a mess. Drinking at St Kilda beach has now been banned it will be interesting to see where and how they party this year.

Christmas is a bit early for the real heat of summer 30 is a hot day 35 would be unusual but yeah it would be weird for you sitting down to all that hot food in the heat.

Some people have modernised the menu to reflect the heat of an Australian summer, so it’s seafood and salads.

Traditionally we have just ignored the heat and served up traditional northern hemisphere food, it’s bloody stupid to be honest. I don’t think most locals really notice , a hit of cricket after lunch is a traditional way of burning off a few calories and then it’s a nap before tea.

Your countrymen swarm to St Kilda beach here in Melbourne where they drink themselves silly and make a hell of a mess. Drinking at St Kilda beach has now been banned it will be interesting to see where and how they party this year.

Christmas is a bit early for the real heat of summer 30 is a hot day 35 would be unusual but yeah it would be weird for you sitting down to all that hot food in the heat.
We should have a balmy eight degrees today, which is far too warm for Christmas: the colder the better.

Do you send Christmas cards with winter scenes?

do atheists celebrate Christmas?

Yes, it's a great celebration of indulgence. As a pagan I find the bacchanalia life affirming. I'm not actually pagan but it's good to get together with family even if I don't connect it to Jesus.

We should have a balmy eight degrees today, which is far too warm for Christmas: the colder the better.

Do you send Christmas cards with winter scenes?

Yep, and eat all the old English mid winter meals. Nothing suits pudding and roast like 30 plus degrees.

By the way, what's it like having Christmas in midsummer? I don't think I could used to it.
It's not the same, never will be
Tbh I still miss the proper UK Xmas, don't get me wrong I don't mind nice 35 degree days, a newly washed/detailed car being taken for a drive with the Mrs and nice lunches etc
But I do miss that Xmas cold winter thingy from a child

Remove this Banner Ad

Back