Draft Review 2014 - Redo the 2014 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

This was alot harder than i thought i had to extend it to 25, so this is what i predict for the future not for current output, haven't included any players that where mature age at the time because some of those players are already in their prime. Ive also left out some players that have been injured for alot of their early career since its hard to predict if that injury history will continue.

1. Jordan De Goey - Collingwood
2. Isaac Heeney - Sydney
3. Jake Lever - Melbourne
4. Christian Petracca - Melbourne
5. Harris Andrews - Brisbane
6. Angus Brayshaw - Melbourne
7. Connor Blakely - Fremantle
8. Kyle Langford - Essendon
9. Jack Steele - St Kilda
10. Touk Miller - Gold Coast
11. Toby McLean - Bulldogs
12. Mitch McGovern - Carlton
13. Lachie Weller - Gold Coast
14. Dan Butler - Richmond
15. Bailey Dale - Bulldogs
16. Nakia Cockatoo - Geelong
17. Peter Wright - Gold Coast
18. Conor McKenna - Essendon
19. Dougal Howard - Port Adelaide
20. Caleb Daniel - Bulldogs
21. Jayden Short - Richmond
22. Brayden Maynard - Collingwood
23. Ed Langdon - Fremantle
24. Liam Duggan - West Coast
25. Alex Neal-Bullen - Melbourne

When you have 3 picks inside the top 21 and none of them are anywhere near the top 25 of that draft, you know you effed up. One of them is no longer on your list to boot.

At least the Saints got Steele for cheap.

He sits in top 10 easliy. I hope in some way you are involved in recuiting for the lions please continue on having no clue.
This really. Peter Wright lol

You two wanna talk about having no clue but you both ****ed up quoting a post hahahaha

You two very biased fans might have him in your top ten and that's great, but the rest of us probably won't. Maybe you guys see him more and have noticed elite traits or intangibles that the stats don't show, but more than likely you're both just overexcited fanboys.

As for Wright, I did clarify that I would pick him as a prospect - implying that he isn't currently a better player. Cox proved this year that he was the real deal after years of people thinking he was only getting a game because of his height. Plenty of time for Wright to do the same.

You two wanna talk about having no clue but you both ****** up quoting a post hahahaha

You two very biased fans might have him in your top ten and that's great, but the rest of us probably won't. Maybe you guys see him more and have noticed elite traits or intangibles that the stats don't show, but more than likely you're both just overexcited fanboys.

As for Wright, I did clarify that I would pick him as a prospect - implying that he isn't currently a better player. Cox proved this year that he was the real deal after years of people thinking he was only getting a game because of his height. Plenty of time for Wright to do the same.
I mean the most memorable thing Maynard has done was to get crunched by Ryan in the grand final lmao
That's ok, not all of us can have the right opinions

Didnt the umpires get the all 3 2 1 votes that day by memory.
I feel sorry for people who embarrass themselves with stupid comments like that

I mean the most memorable thing Maynard has done was to get crunched by Ryan in the grand final lmao

And then cry about it even though it was one of the perfectly timed/placed bumps you will see.

If I’m being honest though I really do rate Maynard. Think he’s got a great brain and I love his left boot. Top 10? Maybe not yet but can definitely see him getting there.

And then cry about it even though it was one of the perfectly timed/placed bumps you will see.

If I’m being honest though I really do rate Maynard. Think he’s got a great brain and I love his left boot. Top 10? Maybe not yet but can definitely see him getting there.

He's also famous for hitting Rioli high while Dom Sheed was busy taking the match winning mark/goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel sorry for people who embarrass themselves with stupid comments like that
No i was there. I clearly remember a trio of monkeys, offciating some version of the rules that clearly favoured the demons that day. Funny thing is since that day, the umpiring has been spot on and pies have dominated the demons.

No i was there. I clearly remember a trio of monkeys, offciating some version of the rules that clearly favoured the demons that day. Funny thing is since that day, the umpiring has been spot on and pies have dominated the demons.
still embarrassing yourself champ

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

still embarrassing yourself champ

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
This embarrassment yes self inflicted, but its the truth. But seriuosly how good is when you go to the footy expecting a win waving your little dees flag and then guys like Buckley, Cox, Howe, and Dunn hand your arse to you.

This embarrassment yes self inflicted, but its the truth. But seriuosly how good is when you go to the footy expecting a win waving your little dees flag and then guys like Buckley, Cox, Howe, and Dunn hand your arse to you.

Or guys like McGovern, Vardy, Ryan and Sheed :(

Yet you follow up with a post thats probably not good for any board.

Do you remember the post you made that provided more input than his? Nah, me either. Considering how much you have just been trolling this thread, I'd be wary of calling out the quality of any other posters.
Lol nah actually he responded with a full list so it improved the thread. Maybe speak for yourself regarding useless comments. ^^^

This was alot harder than i thought i had to extend it to 25, so this is what i predict for the future not for current output, haven't included any players that where mature age at the time because some of those players are already in their prime. Ive also left out some players that have been injured for alot of their early career since its hard to predict if that injury history will continue.

2. Isaac Heeney - Sydney

Langford at #8 ahead of McLean (in particular) and Miller is laughable.

Langford at #8 ahead of McLean (in particular) and Miller is laughable.

It all started to click for Langford in the back half of 2018. Admittedly he still has work to do to be considered a top 10 player out of this draft but if he can get a good preseason under his belt he is a massive breakout candidate for next year.

2. Isaac Heeney - Sydney
On what planet is Cockatoo ranked top 20 ? He averages less than 10 disposals.

He's not ahead of Neal-Bullen, who you have to low at 25, nor is McKenna for that matter.

What part of “not for current output” did you not take in?
I don't bother reading people's preamble. I expect all lists would be based on an up to date value.

Nonetheless, a bloke that averages 9 disposals after 34 games doesn't belong high up on ANY list.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back