Dom Sheed's Grand Final Winner - The Most clutch in AFL History

Remove this Banner Ad

It was good, but I can think of at least four other goals that I consider more clutch - and they were all kicked by Nick Davis in 2005.

Nick Davis in 2005 had four set shots on goal with 2 min left after trailing by 5 goals playing midfield collecting 32 possessions in front of 100,000 people with another 2.7m watching to win the grand final?

WOW!!!???o_O

Wasn't he a mercurial forward who's job was to play close to goal and kick goals?:think:

You need to work more on your trolling technique!!;)

So true! Luckily for me the wobblers help fill the void. I’ve watched them lose 9 grand finals and it just gets better with each choke.
This one’s extra special because of the deal to get Sheed to West Coast
Daisy Thomas to carlton
Pick 11 to the wobblers
Wobblers swap pick 11 for pick 6 with West Coast
Collingwood select scharenberg with pick 6(cough)
West Coast overlook fellow West Australian Patrick Cripps ( left him for us)
and select Dom Sheed at pick 11.....absolutely hilarious....only the wobblers

Your obsession is unhealthy. It’s officially reached cringeworthy level. I guess when your team has finished below the arch rival 17 years in succession, you have to seek pleasure through other teams who are actually half decent.

Your obsession is unhealthy. It’s officially reached cringeworthy level. I guess when your team has finished below the arch rival 17 years in succession, you have to seek pleasure through other teams who are actually half decent.
in my day we learnt to hate Collingwood with a passion and once it’s in you it doesn’t leave you....blame jezza,Wayne Harmes and co

left footer....

Am aware of that. Was expecting him to run around and snap it. The fact that a snap impacts distance wouldn't have been a deterrent for him as he'd cover it.

He's not a forward and his kicking isn't perfect for a mid. Add to that the balance, or lack thereof, in terms of goal kicking across our team this year (heavily concentrated among forwards rather than mids, and it's a bit understandable that simply being left footed might not fill people with hope.

Another spectacular AFL moment not given it's correct due because the player isn't a star.
The bloke put his side in front with 2 minutes left in a grand final and it ultimately won them the flag. How much bigger does it have to be?
With the angle involved and the set shot mental battle it absolutely craps on the Chapman and Malceski goals from 09 and '12.
Hope the Ablett 94 PF call is just trolling too.

Another spectacular AFL moment not given it's correct due because the player isn't a star.
The bloke put his side in front with 2 minutes left in a grand final and it ultimately won them the flag. How much bigger does it have to be?
With the angle involved and the set shot mental battle it absolutely craps on the Chapman and Malceski goals from 09 and '12.
Hope the Ablett 94 PF call is just trolling too.
Brilliantly said.
And sadly, the Ablett call wasn't a troll.

I can't believe you think that Sheed moment was actually anything special. To me it was looks like he was doing his job.

If he missed he would've been called a spud. If anything most people probably expected him to goal rather than not.
Sheed knew he could miss that goal and be excused

Hmm....

Lets put it from an non-emotive, rational perspective. If Sheed misses that shot (which at the time i gave him only a 20 % chance of snagging, given my prior impressions of his goal kicking accuracy) i honestly think that would have deflated the psyche of the WCE players who busted their nuts off to get back into the game after quarter time, and i honestly believe the tired and knackered Collingwood players would have found a way to hang on and win the granny.

It reminds me of Sergio Aguero's last minute goal against QPR all those years ago to win the premier league for Manchester City.

Cometh the Hour, Cometh the Man, i actually feel bad (as much as a Carlton fan could) for Pies fans and the players, that would be a soul destroying way to lose a GF, that Benny clown on the other hand, i would say he still has issues from the 1992 and 1994 GF debacles by Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets put it from an non-emotive, rational perspective. If Sheed misses that shot (which at the time i gave him only a 20 % chance of snagging, given my prior impressions of his goal kicking accuracy) i honestly think that would have deflated the psyche of the WCE players who busted their nuts off to get back into the game after quarter time, and i honestly believe the tired and knackered Collingwood players would have found a way to hang on and win the granny.

It reminds me of Sergio Aguero's last minute goal against QPR all those years ago to win the premier league for Manchester City.

Cometh the Hour, Cometh the Man, i actually feel bad (as much as a Carlton fan could) for Pies fans and the players, that would be a soul destroying way to lose a GF, that Benny clown on the other hand, i would say he still has issues from the 1992 and 1994 GF debacles by Geelong.
I actually thought he'd get it because it was meant to be for WC in 2018. Year of the Eagle (Philadelphia won superbowl in February also)

WC fans must play this a few times.

The whole play from Cripps chase to force treloar to kick on his wrong foot, the gov moment, the kick to Vardy - the Ryan redemption, the sheed goal

Glorious

Absolutely glorious

Shall I take you through it again?

You see what happened ... :)

The whole play from Cripps chase to force treloar to kick on his wrong foot, the gov moment, the kick to Vardy - the Ryan redemption, the sheed goal

Glorious

Absolutely glorious

Shall I take you through it again?

You see what happened ... :)

Nope. He gets redeemed when he runs with the flight into an oncoming pack and doesn't jump out of the way.

What a horsesh*t thread. Difficult kick, he threaded it, eagles went on to win. ‘Clutch’ is Larry Bird overruling the coach and saying ‘just give me the ball and get out of my way’.

What a horsesh*t thread. Difficult kick, he threaded it, eagles went on to win. ‘Clutch’ is Larry Bird overruling the coach and saying ‘just give me the ball and get out of my way’.
Why can’t they both be clutch.

Nope. He gets redeemed when he runs with the flight into an oncoming pack and doesn't jump out of the way.
By your logic does Maynard get redeemed when he doesn’t get made to piss in two contests by small forwards?

Does De Goey redeem himself when he doesn’t sit back for a cheap goal and costs his side the GF?

Etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back