Atkins Hawkins Kelly
Ablett Ratagolea Dahlhaus
Fort Dangerfield Parfitt
Menegola Rohan Cockatoo S.Selwood
Em: Stanley Guthrie Kolo Constable
From emergencies down all need to prove hardness to get in to the team

Not a bad team either
backline is too tall

If we can get Taylor, Selwood and GAJ all drinking from the same fountain of youth that Shaun Burgoyne has been doing for the past 3-4 years, then we will be Top 6 easily.

Despite this, I think our list depth is better this year than most recent years. We probably have about 37-39 guys on the list that are ready to play AFL, in the past few year's I would have argued there was about 33-34 players on our list that were AFL ready.

Bews, Kolo, Stewart
Tuohy, Henry, Blicavs
Duncan, J.Selwood, Kelly
Dahlhaus, Ratugolea, Menegola.
Ablett, Hawkins, Rohan
F: Stanley, Danger, Parfitt.
Int: Fogarty, Scooter, Cocky, Narkle.
Em:Constable, Oconnor, Abbott, Cunico.
^Those back 6 were the mainstays of statistically the best defense of last season^ (Remember that Henderson/Taylor/C.Guthrie were injured for a lot of the season and Taylor played mostly as a forward when he got his chance) C.Guthrie BANISHED to reserves to learn leadership or never to return!
Can't argue with the midfield and Scooter sits on the bench only coz I couldn't pick a set position for him but he's definitely in the Cats' best22
The whole forward line is rotatable; can interchange Sav and Hawk and rotate Ablett with Danger and I'd be just as comfortable to rotate Rohan with the backline. Rohan will justify his lock by the end of the 2019 season! All the emergencies deserve a run in the best22 and injuries/suspensions/omissions will allow for that.

Last edited:
Been watching Darcy Fort highlights in the last few days and I have to say that I am starting to get very enthused about us drafting him. Hes a very good tap Ruckman, who seems to have a very good footy brain and a lot of poise in the contest. Runs forward to kick goals and runs back to take marks in defence. Very agile, able to bend down and get the low ball, and has a terrific second effort. Interestingly, Scarlett has come out and said that hes trained the house down, and has gone to the front of the queue for for ruck selection. I love that...25 year old rookie walks into a club, and stamps his name around the place Just what the Cattery needs ATM

My best 22 (but as we know, Scott will always go with his faves, so moot point really)

2E Kolo Stewart
Bews Blicavs OConnor (break out year)
Dahlaus Kelly Duncan
Parfitt Ratugolea Menengola
Ablett Hawkins Rohan

Fort Dangerfield J Selwood

Inter: Taylor, Cocky (last chance for me) Henry, Stanley / Abbott, Jones , Narkle, Cunico

No more Scooter (over his constant injuries), C Guthrie (over his laziness), Parsons (over his laziness and timidity)

Last edited:
been watching Darcy Fort highlights in the last few days and I have to say that I am starting to get very enthused about us drafting him. Hes a very good tap Ruckman, who seems to have a very good footy brain and a lot of poise in the contest Runs forward to kick goals and runs back to take marks in defence. Very agile, able to bend down and get the low ball, and has a terrific second effort Interestingly, Scarlett has come out and said that hes trained the house down, and has gone to the front of the queue for for ruck selection I love that...25 year old rookie walks into a club, and stamps his name around the place Just what the Cattery needs ATM

My best 22 (but as we know, Scott will always go with his faves, so moot point really)

2E Kolo Stewart
Dahlaus Kelly Duncan
Ablett Hawkins Rohan

Inter: Taylor, Cocky (last chance for me) Henry, Stanley / Abbott, Jones , Narkle, Cunico

No more Scooter (over his constant injuries), C Guthrie (over his laziness), Parsons (over his laziness and timidity)

Agree with your last 3 omissions, but would have either Henry or Hendo on field in lieu of Kolo.

Agree with your last 3 omissions, but would have either Henry or Hendo on field in lieu of Kolo.
Its subjective Those two would be 50/50 if it came down to a choice between just those two. I went with Kolo because I feel he has more upside... he grew a lot last year. He had some ordinary games, but he also had some very good ones When he learns to close the gulf between his best and worst, hell be a very good key defender for us.
Another year of growth like last year and Ill be very excited

Last edited:
Its subjective Those two would be 50/50 if it came down to a choice between just those two. I went with Kolo because I feel he has more upside... he grew a lot last year. He had some ordinary games, but he also had some very good ones When he learns to close the gulf between his best and worst, hell be a very good key defender for us.
Another year of growth like last year and Ill be very excited

I'm not as confident about Kolo as you.....he has a long way to go imo, but I hope you're right and happy to be proven wrong.

I'm not as confident about Kolo as you.....he has a long way to go imo, but I hope you're right and happy to be proven wrong.
Gotta give him a chance to continue to grow! I was one of his biggest critics of last season but he played 23 games in the seniors predominantly as a defender and can't argue with the Cats being one of the best defenses of last season! He's raw and his 2nd efforts are lacking at times but you can tell that he enjoys the physicality of the contest and under Scarlett, I think he'll improve with confidence.

Gotta give him a chance to continue to grow! I was one of his biggest critics of last season but he played 23 games in the seniors predominantly as a defender and can't argue with the Cats being one of the best defenses of last season! He's raw, his 2nd efforts are lacking at times but you can tell that he enjoys the physicality of the contest and I think he'll improve with confidence.

Happy to give him a chance, and happy if he proves me wrong.

I've seen him as a very weak link, and to be honest, his LACK of physicality has been one of my criticisms.

At one point I was happy to shout him a one way ticket outta town, but let's see what early 2019 brings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to give him a chance, and happy if he proves me wrong.

I've seen him as a very weak link, and to be honest, his LACK of physicality has been one of my criticisms.

At one point I was happy to shout him a one way ticket outta town, but let's see what early 2019 brings.
Kolo is very timid, I won't argue with that, but he seemed to grow an extra leg when he was played as a key defender in the first half of the year. He struggles when he's used in a different role so let's hope the club shuns the wing experiment and plays him in his true position.

They need to make a decision between Henderson, Taylor and himself for the key defensive role. Two of those can't play in the same team, it doesn't work.

Kolo is very timid, I won't argue with that, but he seemed to grow an extra leg when he was played as a key defender in the first half of the year. He struggles when he's used in a different role so let's hope the club shuns the wing experiment and plays him in his true position.

They need to make a decision between Henderson, Taylor and himself for the key defensive role. Two of those can't play in the same team, it doesn't work.

Yes, he did better as a defender, but his timidness still leaves a doubt in my mind.

Kolo appears to be the future, if he hardens up, so you'd think he'd get first crack. But reports suggest Taylor is in rare shape, so do they go for the here and now??

Hendo? Really not sure where he's at.

B: Bews, Blicavs, Taylor
HB: Stewart, Henderson, Tuohy
C: Kelly, Dangerfield, Menegola
HF: J. Selwood, Hawkins, Parfitt
F: Dahlhaus, Ratugolea, Ablett
R: Stanley, Duncan, C. Guthrie

Int: Henry, Rohan, Cockatoo, O'Connor

Emg: Abbott, Cunico, Kolodjashnij, Narkle

- Really want to see Duncan take more ownership in the middle rather than floating around on a wing. In turn, want to see J. Selwood and Ablett to spend most of their time up forward (and give the younger, not-so-younger, Menegola, Dahlhaus and Kelly more midfield time).
- Alternative, switch Tuohy and J. Selwood. Loved Selwood's half a game at KP this year playing half-back.
- O'Connor showed enough signs late last year. Hope he improves enough to allow Tuohy to play more on a wing, and more stints up forward.
- C. Guthrie to either play as number one tagger, or defensive forward. Would like to see Atkins push for the role instead. S. Selwood too slow for midfield, but was serviceable as defensive forward late in the season.
- If Blitz, Hendo and Harry are all fit, Henry and Kolo are playing for a spot on the bench. Do not want to see Kolo playing on a wing again.

Reserves:

B: S. Selwood, ##, Z. Guthrie #
HB: Clark, Kolodjashnij, Kennerley
C: Cunico, Constable, Parsons
HF: Fogarty, Buzza, Simpson #
F: Jones #, Kreuger, Miers
R: Abbott, Narkle, Atkins #

Int: Smith, Fort, Jarvis, Tarca, Brownless, Okunbor ##, Schlengsog ##

- Was concerned we didn't draft a young key defender. Unless Club believes players like Buzza, Kreuger and Schlensog can play the role instead.

Been watching Darcy Fort highlights in the last few days and I have to say that I am starting to get very enthused about us drafting him. Hes a very good tap Ruckman, who seems to have a very good footy brain and a lot of poise in the contest. Runs forward to kick goals and runs back to take marks in defence. Very agile, able to bend down and get the low ball, and has a terrific second effort. Interestingly, Scarlett has come out and said that hes trained the house down, and has gone to the front of the queue for for ruck selection. I love that...25 year old rookie walks into a club, and stamps his name around the place Just what the Cattery needs ATM

2E Kolo Stewart
Dahlaus Kelly Duncan
Ablett Hawkins Rohan

Surprised no Clark

Last edited:
Cam Guthrie is like that now in nearly every game doesn't need to be a final and is picked every week,that's the culture that must change if the club to progress.
But hey we wouldn't want to upset the Guthrie family now, would we?!? <_<
Cam Guthrie has been shuffled around too much and its hard to play an outside game under Chris Scott.
No one protects him, but in saying that he has gone downhill and another who should have been moved on.
WTF?!? I suggest that you watch a little closer about who puts who under pressure when they aren't under much pressure themselves! You would only need to watch a couple of games for Guthrie to expose his poor decision making, poor skills and lack of leadership, that put his team mates under unecessary pressure.
Guthrie has gone backwards so much in the last couple of years. I thought he'd end up better than Duncan, yet Duncan went on to have a near AA season in 2017 whilst Guthrie can't even hold a position. Personally would have traded or taken the FA pick. I think we've seen the best of him, but would like to be proven wrong.
We would have gotten something reasonably good for him a couple of seasons ago but now he aint worth s**t!
You want to send a player a message,To up his game.One word.
OMITTED.
OR wait until his form demands a spot coming back from injury from the reserves, rather than last season when he didn't earn his spot and his resulting poor form in the seniors exposed that. #GotNoVisionGuthrie!

Probably easier to say who SHOULD NOT be in our best 22
For mine
Parsons
Scooter
Parsons
Guthrie
Parsons
Zuthrie
Parsons
Simpson
Parsons
I hope Harry proves me wrong, but I think the end will come pretty fast for the old warrior

Everybody else should be in the mix and fighting for a position

For mine
Scooter
SHAME! Look back over the great games that the Cats have played since Scooter came onboard and you'll find Scooter's name in most of them! A win over the flag favorites at the time last season when the Cats finals hopes relied onnit >>>And against the Bombers the previous season when the form comparison suggested that they were gonna smash us!

For mine
Parsons
Scooter
Parsons
Guthrie
Parsons
Zuthrie
Parsons
Simpson
Parsons
I hope Harry proves me wrong, but I think the end will come pretty fast for the old warrior

Everybody else should be in the mix and fighting for a position
Guthrie and scooter both on the 2019 gfc calendar. IN.
My not playing choices
Any Guthrie (was the ABC CEO related?) Should do the same
Parsons
Buzza
That's it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back