Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree .....but I haven't picked Mr Dependable this year ....will be an upgrade target, as I want to see Smith's impact as the nominated kicker ....I also don't think Laird can increase on his output last season, but i can see him dropping a bit (smith)
Looking through the prices, I can’t see any of the top players in any position that won’t drop

Laird is like Danger, Gawn, Grundy. Lock and forget.

Looking through the prices, I can’t see any of the top players in any position that won’t drop

Sicily & Whitfield, i can see both with improvement in them as DEF's .....but I agree, many will rolercoaster in prices throughout the season ....but if they're keepers, that doesn't bother me, as long as they don't drift too far off their 2017 averages

But which players are the "growth potential" players .....Greene, Libba, Hanners, Brad Crouch .....but who are some of the others, the under-priced players ???

Sicily & Whitfield, i can see both with improvement in them as DEF's .....but I agree, many will rolercoaster in prices throughout the season ....but if they're keepers, that doesn't bother me, as long as they don't drift too far off their 2017 averages

But which players are the "growth potential" players .....Greene, Libba, Hanners, Brad Crouch .....but who are some of the others, the under-priced players ???
Whitfield started at 536k last year and finished at 521k
Sicily started underpriced but hovered around 500-520k most of the year

Sicily starts this year at 571k, the same price Piggy Oliver, Jake Lloyd, 20k less than Max Gawn and 30k more than Yeo. I can’t see Sicily matching that output, so he’s overs.

Whitfield is probably closer to the right price but still marginally overs.

You’ll always pay more for nearly every Premo at the start of the year, but you gain points and save trades. Don’t get me wrong, I think both will be top 8 at years end and are great pics, but they’re still overs at their price.

Whitfield started at 536k last year and finished at 521k
Sicily started underpriced but hovered around 500-520k most of the year

Sicily starts this year at 571k, the same price Piggy Oliver, Jake Lloyd, 20k less than Max Gawn and 30k more than Yeo. I can’t see Sicily matching that output, so he’s overs.

Whitfield is probably closer to the right price but still marginally overs.

You’ll always pay more for nearly every Premo at the start of the year, but you gain points and save trades. Don’t get me wrong, I think both will be top 8 at years end and are great pics, but they’re still overs at their price.
Are your thoughts, that most of the Premo's this year, are over-priced ?

My problem each year is running out opf trades .....so better to over-pay & save the trade

IIRC the SC winner from 2017 only had 7 original players in his team, at years end

I agree & probably feel moreso with the forwards (Dangerfield excluded) .....I've taken Laird out for Blakely & I'm a Crow supporter

ATS if i go lighter, it'll probably be the forwards, who frustrated the begessus out of me last season ......but all this can change depending on which Rookies come thru

A bloke that hasn't been mentioned a lot is Rozee ....yes expensive, but I feel Port will give him a lot of gametime ....and he has the added value of DEF / FWD status, which i'm taking advantage of ATS

If Rozee and Burgess both play round one and look likely staples in their side’s 22 - that’s a spicy DPP duo

If Rozee and Burgess both play round one and look likely staples in their side’s 22 - that’s a spicy DPP duo
My personal opinion .....Port will try and get as many games into Rozee as possible ....that said, last year, he wasn't a high possession winner .....look at his JLT role

Are your thoughts, that most of the Premo's this year, are over-priced ?
Of course they are. SC put a 10% premium (or something like that) on starting prices. It’s actually in their mathematical formula.

My personal opinion .....Port will try and get as many games into Rozee as possible ....that said, last year, he wasn't a high possession winner .....look at his JLT role

I reckon Port will pump a lot of game time into him up forward. I don’t like his scoring potential either to be honest; definitely a JLT watch.

I reckon Port will pump a lot of game time into him up forward. I don’t like his scoring potential either to be honest; definitely a JLT watch.
Played primarily at Half Forward for North Adelaide .....was a 15 possession a game player ....not enough for his SC price .....but he's a placeholder, like all the Rookies

My problem each year is running out opf trades .....so better to over-pay & save the trade

IIRC the SC winner from 2017 only had 7 original players in his team, at years end
Agreed which is why I detest midpricers. I count 14 season long keepers in my side ATM but of course injury will strike.

I agree .....but I haven't picked Mr Dependable this year ....will be an upgrade target, as I want to see Smith's impact as the nominated kicker ....I also don't think Laird can increase on his output last season, but i can see him dropping a bit (smith)

Are you picking Smith?

I currently sm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laird is not a captain option, so he is not totally like the others mentioned

Laird is not a captain option, so he is not totally like the others mentioned
Of course he is. He’s a lock and forget defender. The others are lock and forgets in their lines as well.

About efficiency of outlay for me.
If two lone wolf / primary rucks present in the 250-300k range (prob 4 with some chance to do so), any solo ruck with a pulse will give you 85-plus, potentially a little higher.
You're clearly down pts vs top two till you upgrade, but they're overpriced, the cheapies are underpriced and they'll converge a bit.
Plus you have $$ to spend more efficiently in the gift shop on other lines.
Not saying set and forget bad, but more than one way to skin a cat.
Not one ruckman in 250 to 300 range any chance to make big $$$ pick them at your peril I for one will be glad to get 100 pt head start everyweek against sides with them in it. Grundy Gawn Goldstein Martin are the four to choose from and work around them but hey this is why SC is good game to play

Version 2.0

Thoughts?

sc2.0.GIF sc2.1.GIF

I'm liking this structure a bit better, obviously the rooks are placeholders ATM but having the DEF/FWD is handy, yes? The DPP in Westoff and Xerri I think will help with the byes and cover for injuries.

Version 2.0

Thoughts?

View attachment 597825 View attachment 597826

I'm liking this structure a bit better, obviously the rooks are placeholders ATM but having the DEF/FWD is handy, yes? The DPP in Westoff and Xerri I think will help with the byes and cover for injuries.
Nothing wrong with that side at this time of the year :thumbsu: .....the structure looks good, bit thinner down baack, bit deeper up forward :thumbsu: ......having Kruezer as your R2, does open up opportunities to strengthen other areas

V.4 Xmas Edition

Laird Whitfield Hanley Roberton
Mitchell Cripps Fyfe Dusty Brouch
Grundy Gawn
Danger Heeney Gray Greene
Not a lot different to my current team
Laird Whitfield Williams
Cripps Oliver Jelly Dusty
Grundy Gawn
Danger Heeney Gray McLean Greene

Status
Not open for further replies.