Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Wanted to go back and compare prices of Foxtel, Foxtel Now and Kayo Sports.

Comparison: All sports, HD, 2 screens

Kayo Sports: $25
$25 - Basic pack

Foxtel Now: $54
$25 - Pop and Lifestyle pack (compulsory)
$29 - Sport pack

Foxtel: $93
$29 - Entertainment pack (compulsory)
$29 - Sport pack
$10 - HD
$25 - Multiroom

Interested to hear anyone suggest that Foxtel is better value.

Last edited:

$25 - Basic pack

$25 - Pop and Lifestyle pack compulsory)
$29 - Sport pack

$29 - Sport pack
$10 - HD
$25 - Multiroom

Not saying Foxtel is better, but compare apples with apples. With Foxtel you also get Foxtel Go which you can have on up to 5 devices (and can use two at once, additional to your Foxtel box/boxes). So technically the multiroom package is 4 screens.

$25 - Basic pack

$25 - Pop and Lifestyle pack compulsory)
$29 - Sport pack

$29 - Sport pack
$10 - HD
$25 - Multiroom

I have had Foxtel Now the last two years during footy season. 6 months x $44 for the footy basically and then cancel in September.

Putting the price up they are essentially tipping people into Kayo.

$25 is pretty reasonable. How long until they jack the price up?

Yes. They have put the price up since. It used to be $15 for a choice of like pop or drama or lifestyle as your basic package and $29 for sport. Looks like they have just combined all those into one single package now. When I cancelled it after the footy season they offered me like $30 per month for x months and said if I was to re-sign later I would be subject to the new rates of $54. I just cancelled it but if I realised the cricket rights at the time I probably would have took their offer. Now it just makes sense to get a Chromecast and do Kayo in the new year.

$25 - Basic pack

$29 - Sport pack

$29 - Sport pack
$10 - HD
$25 - Multiroom

I'm on $39/month for Foxtel+Sport.

It's better value

$25 - Basic pack

$29 - Sport pack

$29 - Sport pack
$10 - HD
$25 - Multiroom

With Kayo sports dont you need to also buy a ~$100 chromecast?

I remember Foxtel go having major frame rate issues with fox footy, would Kayo be better? Footy is probably a sport that doesn’t do that well with current streaming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

App isn’t available on my smart TV (Sony). Until it is or on a ps4 app I won’t get Kayo.

Yeh I think im the same.

Im an android person so will be waiting for the android app before moving on this. Ill also wait for it to be in decent working order with AFL before I enter into it.

A lot of talk the android kayo app was to be released before end of year. Surely it has to come soon they would be losing out a fair bit by waiting on it.

The sony is already a smart tv i believe

I dont understand why so many are having issues with Kayo if its like Netflix. Dont you download the app on the smart tv and just play from there
Someone above is telling us you can't get the app for a smart tv. Just use your internet browser on the tv and point it to kayosports.com.au. Note that my tv isn't a smart tv, which is why I have it connected to my PC.

Yeh I think im the same.

Im an android person so will be waiting for the android app before moving on this. Ill also wait for it to be in decent working order with AFL before I enter into it.

A lot of talk the android kayo app was to be released before end of year. Surely it has to come soon they would be losing out a fair bit by waiting on it.
I have the android app on my phone but it needs to use wifi.

$25 - Basic pack

$29 - Sport pack

$29 - Sport pack
$10 - HD
$25 - Multiroom

I pay $39 for sports HD with Foxtel and that gets you 3 licenses to watch on other devices on Foxtel app. Kayo is owned by Foxtel anyway so they aren't really competing.

That's only for 12 months though (I'm guessing). So that will probably go up at the start of the footy season.

You sign a 12 mth contract and when it ends you ring to cancel and get another deal. Ive never paid more than $45 for HD sports or paid to upgrade boxes or move. I'll be getting a free 4k box next time.

You sign a 12 mth contract and when it ends you ring to cancel and get another deal. Ive never paid more than $45 for HD sports or paid to upgrade boxes or move. I'll be getting a free 4k box next time.
The 4k box is free anyway. Give em a call now and get it. Dont let them use it to entice you to stay

Someone above is telling us you can't get the app for a smart tv. Just use your internet browser on the tv and point it to kayosports.com.au. Note that my tv isn't a smart tv, which is why I have it connected to my PC.

I have the android app on my phone but it needs to use wifi.

Thanks for helping

Says internet browser isn't on sony isn't supported

So might have to try download chrome onto it

Or can I download app onto android phone and then somehow mirror it onto sony tv? Ive found that difficult before

If you stream through your phone and chrome cast is it a massive battery drainer for the phone? Like how long would it last if not plugged into a charger?

I know all phones are different and newer are better but just looking for a general guide.

I signed up for the trial to watch the big bash and I went from like 56 to 30 watching two big bash games on wifi on an S9. Better than I thought it would be to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back