The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Spurs manager wont leave for United. Spurs have been on the rise in the past and have had their best players taken (burbatov, Carrick, sherringham). Now Spurs are better than United , regular champions league and about to move into a new stadium. If he goes it will be a massive blow to spurs fans.
I think you’re heavily underselling Manchester United as a club. They’re undisputedly the most reputable club in England and will be for the foreseeable future. Obviously they’re going through a low period (and long may it continue), but their prestige remains and it won’t be long before they rise again.

It was also only six months ago where they had finished second (above Tottenham) in the league with 81 points. They’re a perfectly capable team that fell out with their manager. Chelsea went through it with Mourinho and won the league the following season. Don’t underestimate how strongly the players’ mindsets will change when a new manager is introduced.

Nah, they are absolutely no chance to finish top four. Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, City and us are far better sides all with too big a headstart.
Could see them overtaking 1 team if they fall away a bit but it is unlikely that 2 teams would drop off that badly so United can overtake them

They’re eleven points off us. It’s not insurmountable by all means but it would require them to find form overnight and for both Arsenal and Chelsea to wobble. It’s possible, but highly unlikely.

They’re eleven points off us. It’s not insurmountable by all means but it would require them to find form overnight and for both Arsenal and Chelsea to wobble. It’s possible, but highly unlikely.
No chance for me. They would have to suddenly have City/Liverpool type form. Their squad isnt good enough and OGS isnt some kind of wonder manager.

Surely Spurs manager wont leave for United. Spurs have been on the rise in the past and have had their best players taken (burbatov, Carrick, sherringham). Now Spurs are better than United , regular champions league and about to move into a new stadium. If he goes it will be a massive blow to spurs fans.

Yeah but it’s Man United.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though Poch hasn't brought trophies, he's brought Spurs a high level of stability near the top part of the table.

I feel like Spurs would be a lot worse off if they lost him. Spurs need Poch long term.
We wasn’t exactly far off under Redknapp - 4th-6th instead of 2nd/3rd that we are now. We aren’t going anywhere mate the club is about to move into one of the best stadiums in Europe and we are sitting on a fortune of talent in our squad.

We wasn’t exactly far off under Redknapp - 4th-6th instead of 2nd/3rd that we are now. We aren’t going anywhere mate the club is about to move into one of the best stadiums in Europe and we are sitting on a fortune of talent in our squad.
The gap between the top 6 and the rest is getting bigger, but losing Poch could mean it's more likely you miss out on CL spots.

The gap between the top 6 and the rest is getting bigger, but losing Poch could mean it's more likely you miss out on CL spots.
Maybe, but both Chelsea and Arsenal have changed managers this season and looked better for it. The players love Poch and so do the fans, but like you say he hasn’t won anything with us and when you look at our squad you’d have to say he should have really. Losing him may not be the end of the world although personally I want him to stay at least until 2020

Maybe, but both Chelsea and Arsenal have changed managers this season and looked better for it. The players love Poch and so do the fans, but like you say he hasn’t won anything with us and when you look at our squad you’d have to say he should have really. Losing him may not be the end of the world although personally I want him to stay at least until 2020
I think losing Poch could dictate whether you lose other top stars. If you lose Kane, Ali and Eriksen then suddenly you start to go backwards quickly. Spurs arent exactly a destination club for big names either. Even with Poch and how well you have traveled over the past few years, you still havent been able to make any big signings.

Saw this. Was super awkward. It's like your dad fighting your battles. Why didnt Poch just say, I got this.. im not joining United, end of the story. But he sat there and let it all happen. Maybe he wants out.
Haha you drongo

Saw this. Was super awkward. It's like your dad fighting your battles. Why didnt Poch just say, I got this.. im not joining United, end of the story. But he sat there and let it all happen. Maybe he wants out.

Do you understand the point of a press officer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back