2018 non-freo nonsense (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regrettable news about Majak Daw, I hope he recovers well

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

I saw the movie, Bohemian Rhapsody last night (kino cinema is cheap on Mondays) & loved it.
The lead actor was amazing & I loved the scene where the character played by Mike Myers bemoaned that the song Bohemian Rhapsody was not going to be head banged to in a car.
'Twas a delightful little aside to those of us old enough to have seen Waynes World

Smith is a walk on start. We need him badly. S Marsh is gone, and to retire. 35 average is pretty poor, given his run of form over the year.
Warner have no time for. He rubs a lot people the wrong way. Rather develop Harris or have Renshaw.
35 is about what Smith is scoring at grade level nowadays

Andrew Gaff officially the 9th worst player in the AFL this year! Sample from the post.

Of course that didn't mean the athleticism attached to the Gaff name stopped: some West Coast fans engaged in acts of mental gymnastics so impressive they'd need to pee in a vial just to watch Olympic highlights on you-tube. One particular meltdown was damn near award-worthy.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/mofras-bottom-50-for-2018.1203586/page-41

Recommend checking it out if you're sick of reading about Hulk Hogan.

I had a laugh with the AFLX team descriptions -

Each team has been named to match up with a standout attribute of its captain, with Dangerfield to lead the Bolts due to his explosive pace, Fyfe to captain the Flyers because of his marking strength and Riewoldt to steer the Rampage due to his capacity to break tackles and go hard in the air.

Betts' side will be called the Deadlys and be an all-indigenous line-up.

I think Riewoldt's team should have been called the Pussies * since when does he break tackles or go hard at anything?

* to all the ladies, not a gender reference but a word historically derived from pusillanimous, or timid/coward

I had a laugh with the AFLX team descriptions -
I think Riewoldt's team should have been called the Pussies * since when does he break tackles or go hard at anything?
* to all the ladies, not a gender reference but a word historically derived from pusillanimous, or timid/coward
Edit: found your secret post message.
Managed to get that in with the co - #10th worst players from Gold Coast!

Tom Lynch could have been the highest paid player in the game next year if you include contracts, marketing allowance and 'AFL ambassador' payments which look about as legit a payment as a Trump cheque to a money grubbing pr0n star. The fact that he turned that cash down and even took a pay cut to play in Victoria next year speaks volumes about how attractive a proposition Gold Coast is right now. Word is US prosecutors are desperately trying to get Gold Coast to name Julian Assange as 2019 captain and then set up a 'temporary office' in Melbourne next November. In fairness to Ecuadorian embassies, they're still a more attractive proposition than AFLX.

The Tom Lynch exit meeting with his teammates didn't go that well if reports are to be believe. None other than Lachie Weller who broke his contract with Freo less than 12 months earlier to go to the Suns apparently piped up in the meeting, in such a stunning display of hypocrisy and self-awareness that the Nationals would like to recruit him as a Minister. Steven May followed his co-captain out of the door shortly afterwards after the Suns pressed him on how committed he was to the club long term and his response was about as strong as Telstra's commitment to customer service.

Voges retires
Marsh brothers almost guaranteed to miss most of the season
Whiteman just returning from injury
Klinger 38 years old
Bancroft banned first few games
Six fast bowlers who’ve played international cricket
Spinner who’s played internet cricket

Better sign an eighth fast bowling option and second spinner.

After the first two fixtures of the Big Bash I'm starting to think Cricket Australia needs teams to have an alternative non clash strip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrew Gaff officially the 9th worst player in the AFL this year! Sample from the post.

Of course that didn't mean the athleticism attached to the Gaff name stopped: some West Coast fans engaged in acts of mental gymnastics so impressive they'd need to pee in a vial just to watch Olympic highlights on you-tube. One particular meltdown was damn near award-worthy.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/mofras-bottom-50-for-2018.1203586/page-41

Recommend checking it out if you're sick of reading about Hulk Hogan.
Mofra's the funniest bugger on this forum. Bottom 50's worth a read every year imo.

I am starting to get really angry about this new cricket television deal. How can the Big Bash not be on FTA on the weekend before Christmas?
I paid for a CA subscription for the App and I still have to pay more to see domestic Cricket?
I will stop following the game altogether before I give Murdoch money.
If they keep up this gouging they will lose people like me.

The scorchers are terrible this year anyway. Every year our batting gets worse and worse by the season with retirements and/or lack of overseas batsman brought in and this year it’s gone too far.

164 could be 50 runs too much if Klinger (who’s 38 btw) and Turner don’t fire.

The scorchers are terrible this year anyway. Every year our batting gets worse and worse by the season with retirements and/or lack of overseas batsman brought in and this year it’s gone too far.

164 could be 50 runs too much if Klinger (who’s 38 btw) and Turner don’t fire.
Lol what a start

I am starting to get really angry about this new cricket television deal. How can the Big Bash not be on FTA on the weekend before Christmas?
I paid for a CA subscription for the App and I still have to pay more to see domestic Cricket?
I will stop following the game altogether before I give Murdoch money.
If they keep up this gouging they will lose people like me.

I didn’t realise that not all the games were FTA. That’s just s**t and stupid.

Merry Christmas everyone and happy New year. Enjoy your time off if you have some and I'll see you all again next year. 2019 is looking exciting for Freo and I'm looking forward to seeing this new group gel and start to build some momentum. Cheers MH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back