No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Id

Club Legend
Oct 25, 2015
Some Australian Mountain Range
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao FC

Attachments

• North Balwyn Pool.jpg
    North Balwyn Pool.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 13

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Imagine hitting the water sideways, face first or even on your feet, but with no experience, under the influence of a couple of sedatives. Very lucky to be alive, let alone have the ability with a broken hip to stay afloat and make it to the edge a couple of upstream and be found.

As a kid went to Turpin falls up past Kyneton. Back in the day you could jump off the clifffs, into the water. Most people were jumping off the smaller cliffs, about 10-15 meters. This one idiot for a bet of $50 went to the highest spot on the cliffs about 25-35 meters up. As he jumped, he stuffed it up big time, landed on one side of his body, on that one side he was covered in bruises. For double or nothing he went up and done it again. This time hitting the water on the other side. He could barely move. The people he made a bet with done a runner. So for his stupidity he got nothing for it.
I believe access to the cliffs is now permanently closed due to injuries.

I know it’s different circumstances to Daw’s, but jumping from height into water can be deadly if done incorrectly.

Lord_Espos

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
49ers, Mets, Pistons, B.Bruins.
Looks like Hawthorn have missed out again for the Womens AFL team for season 2020 as the AFL has given the green light to four new teams in as Richmond, St.kilda, Gold Coast and West Coast have been admitted.

That leaves Hawthorn, Essendon, Sydney and Port Adelaide as the only teams left out.

I would have thought we would have been a great chance to join the AFLW as we won the VFL premiership in 2019.

Once again short shifted by the AFL.

Yeah but Hawks were not keen from the beginning to get a license. So why should a Johnny come lately club think they can just magically get a license when they ask?

MasterSamurai

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BayernMunchen
Yeah but Hawks were not keen from the beginning to get a license. So why should a Johnny come lately club think they can just magically get a license when they ask?
Maybe because we wanted to do it right with everything in its right place instead of been half arsed??? Perhaps??

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
The greatest GF EVER!!! the buzz was unrelenting from the time Changa slipped one through the big sticks.

I was there that day and I just had this feeling that we were gonna shock the world. If ever a team had the momentum of a tsunami that finals series it was us. Clarko has us peaking just at the right time whereas the Cats hardly faced any adversity at all that year and Clarko’s pregame speech about a shark and making it stop was perfect.

It was nerve racking as hell watching it at the ground so I can only imagine how it was watching it on TV.

Aug 13, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks.
I was there that day and I just had this feeling that we were gonna shock the world. If ever a team had the momentum of a tsunami that finals series it was us. Clarko has us peaking just at the right time whereas the Cats hardly faced any adversity at all that year and Clarko’s pregame speech about a shark and making it stop was perfect.

It was nerve racking as hell watching it at the ground so I can only imagine how it was watching it on TV.

I was teaching a weekend class that day, but managed to get home just in time to see Mooney miss before half time.

The third quarter was special, and the rest is history.

Cats played the season not knowing what real pressure was, but we showed them, and now they know.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I was there. You could just feel the momentum shift with every one of their misses in the 2nd. Mooney’s siren howler was bad, but even I could see the 3 joe the gooses waving their arms in a frenzy at Bottens. What a dumb prick.

Was an arm wrestle in the 3rd. Everyone was expecting Bud to blow it open. But it was Dew, Hodge, Cyril and Willo that “broke the resistance”. Young was immense in the 2nd.

We tasted the joy that day. Imagine the devastation as a Cats fan leaving the ground? Would’ve been harrowing.

Delicious.

Maybe because we wanted to do it right with everything in its right place instead of been half arsed??? Perhaps??
Honestly. Ask yourself....is Having a womens team a priority.

Will you attend games? Buy merchandise?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

My daughter isnt even interested.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well that’s it then - they should fold now and call it a bomb

I wish people could move past it being successful right now.

I thought our women’s vfl team played an excellent game style

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Which team won the second quarter?

hawks, and the third and the fourth.

Lost the first by just one point.

You just don’t win grand finals winning one quarter (we’ll actually the cats did in 2009)

Let’s see which was the luckiest team in 2008 2009.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks

Builds generational support,people learn the rules and love the game more.
Sure they will buy merch and go to games too
A women's team will get more government money flowing for Dingley
Good breeding ground for future mother sons
and somewhere for girls to keep playing who want to

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
I was there. You could just feel the momentum shift with every one of their misses in the 2nd. Mooney’s siren howler was bad, but even I could see the 3 joe the gooses waving their arms in a frenzy at Bottens. What a dumb prick.

Was an arm wrestle in the 3rd. Everyone was expecting Bud to blow it open. But it was Dew, Hodge, Cyril and Willo that “broke the resistance”. Young was immense in the 2nd.

We tasted the joy that day. Imagine the devastation as a Cats fan leaving the ground? Would’ve been harrowing.

Delicious.

Where were you sitting? I was on that corner where Ottens missed that sitter. I was about 10 rows back with the beaming hot sun in my face.

Oh and being a Cats fan must’ve suck balls. I recall catching a tram back to Box Hill and all these Hawks fans were standing up sing the club song and every Cats fan was sitting down with their head in their hands. I had to fly back to Sydney that night and I remember having a couple of beers at the airport with an old dude (Hawthorn fan) that I met at the bar who’d been to like the last 15 grand finals. It really was one of the best days of my life beating those arrogant pricks :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back