Sep 23, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Exers
Dan Menzel. ;)
Daniel Menzel
08C8A730-D7E4-4D2E-ABF7-604393B4C6F0.gif

Wood got drafted there, Malthouse chose to go to Carlton, although I do get where you're coming from now.

It was funny though us getting a first rounder from you guys for Wood but then we had to **** it up by trading it for Travis Johnstone.
But then we drafted Jack Grimes with it. :(

I still find it amazing the Lions only have ONE person so far, and that person got delisted this season.

Two ex-Lions made the list though. So theres that.
Bell and Lester lucky to miss out, Bewick was lucky he didn't make the list until this year

Jun 29, 2010
Bombay
AFL Club
Sydney
Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1 Tom Boyd #1

DcA4RwFV0AAFeh4.jpg
200.gif
Bump

Spiritof82

Premiership Player
Jan 8, 2004
S**tny, the cesspit of OZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray

The Swine's supporters obsession with Boyd, no matter what he does in the future at least we know we had a multi million dollar forward that can actually win a Grand Final and not just go missing on the big occasions when it matters.

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
The Swine's supporters obsession with Boyd, no matter what he does in the future at least we know we had a multi million dollar forward that can actually win a Grand Final and not just go missing on the big occasions when it matters.

Imagine paying nearly $1m per annum for the wrong key position forward.... Twice.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

leobarryustar

Milking frees
Margin Mania Chess Club Member BeanCoiNFT Investor Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Sep 23, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Exers
lol at the dogs already melting. He hasn’t even announced it yet guys!

To save you the effort of finding the pic, just copy this one ok:

09b616e284ea24fe2018e3e183029192

Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
As someone who follows a perennially-unsuccessful club, I can only fantasize about being in the Bulldog's position.

Boyd basically WON YOU A PREMIERSHIP.

He could light up a smoke in the middle of a game, and he still has earned every cent you would ever pay him, forever.... he made you PREMIERS.

I wouldn't care if it was a couple of years ago, not in the slightest... I still listen to people tell stories of being there in 1966. This is recent history... that would do me.

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Lol. Personally hope Boyd gets no 1. Last two yrs has been a non tap winning, non marking big man. Taken about 20 odd contested marks in total in the two yrs since the GF where he took six contested marks.

Earns about $100k per contested mark.

But Boyd is kinda like the anti-Gary Rohan, so many Dog fans wouldn't mind if all he did for the rest of his career was take a s**t in the centre circle at the start of the game (which pretty much sums up his last two yrs).

Must be tough being a fan of a club that big Tom almost singlehandedly flogged in a GF and embarrassing to be the bloke who 'played' on him. Has old m8 Tippett played much since? Kurt was repeatedly bitch slapped with a wet lettuce leaf and has never recovered and the Swannies are still paying him.

Now thats lol worthy.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC

I’m not sure you know what melting is....

Go back to the 2016 thread to see melting over his non inclusion...

I’m on record in this thread with expectations of him being very high in the charts. And deservedly so....

Mar 23, 2010
Section 24 subsection B3 JUST GOT REPEALED.
AFL Club
Collingwood
As someone who follows a perennially-unsuccessful club, I can only fantasize about being in the Bulldog's position.

He could light up a smoke in the middle of a game, and he still has earned every cent you would ever pay him, forever.... he made you PREMIERS.

I wouldn't care if it was a couple of years ago, not in the slightest... I still listen to people tell stories of being there in 1966. This is recent history... that would do me.

Post this in the saints board...I'm keen to see the reaction.

Player #2 - Paddy McCartin

patrick-mccartin-of-sandringham-misses-a-mark-during-the-round-17-vfl-picture-id584803558

Pictured (in David Attenborough voice): The natural habitat of the McCartin, dropping a mark at VFL level

Patrick McCartin is a former no#1 draft pick who plays for St Kilda who have a proud history of (weird looking) KPFs. Riewoldt, Hall, Plugger, Gehrig, Cowboy Neale, etc. It's extremely unlikely that 'Gappy' adds to this list despite meeting the 'weird looking' requirement.

Now it needs to be said Paddy has had a few challenges along the way, and I don't just mean the irresistible midnight call of the fridge.
He has diabetes (like GWS' Sam Reid and Dale Weightman), a large gap between his teeth and let's face it in past years he's copped more concussions than an NRL player's wife.
None of that matters when the guy wants to play a stay at home full forward role in the modern era where's it's basically a non-existent role.

First of all, he's got a solid build for an amateur wrestler but AFL is a running sport. Modern players are expected to run, dummy run, guard space (Nick Maxwell was ahead of his time!), and as a forward you need to lead. Gappy can lead - once. Sometimes twice. But he's no Nick Riewoldt (who'd want to see him naked anyway). On top of this he has the turning circle of a BHP iron ore train. But that's not his biggest problem either.

'Mattress Guts' (as he's known at VFL level) reacts to the play rather than makes it. Unless he's delivered the ball on a platter he just doesn't get near it. He did manage to get 13 games this year because... St Kilda (there's nobody else) but he's like the 7th person in an orgy, just making up the numbers. True story. He also tends to fumble under pressure which is... alright, no more orgy stories.

It just wasn't a great pick all round and reeks of St Kilda panicking and taking a KPF because their value is high rather than taking the best available player at pick 1. With Riewoldt they're batting at 50% with no 1 picks in recent history: Even Carlton have nailed more no 1 picks this century and the Washington Generals send them sympathy cards each festive season.

Of course, we could just take St Kilda fans' opinion into account too:

He's completely inneffectual if he isn't being given the ball on a platter and even then he fumbles a lot. He doesn't create space, doesn't know how to protect the drop, doesn't even push off his opponent to lead, has no breakaway speed and is cooked halfway through every game.
McCartin's lack of mobility is the big killer. Of all our tall options up forward he is the only glacier.
He’s 194cm but moves like he’s 210.
I was pretty bullish when we drafted paddy but I think it's time to cut our losses, trade if the price is right.

PS - this year he kicked 12 goals 17 behinds, so he clearly shares the same goal kicking coach that Jack Billings does down at Seaford/Moorabbin/Revs. That's an accuracy rate of 41.4% which is also happens to be the ATAR of Ms Duthie.

kim+duthie+out+door.jpg

Pictured: Well if you didn't want us to know your ATAR you shouldn't have left your laptop open.
PS get used to that word - laptop. It might come in handy, career wise

Just to rub further salt into the wounds, his younger brother Tom has been drafted by the Swans and despite being four years younger has already overtaken him. Don't you hate it when a younger sibling is doing better than you?

962509_thumb_326x184.jpg

Pictured: A clash hotly anticipated by hundreds of fans each season: The concession sessions

Paddy, Gappy, Mattress Guts. Sorry to hear Max King is on the list now, he looks a gun. And Josh Battle looks promising too. Enjoy the festive season and welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2018.

Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Post this in the saints board...I'm keen to see the reaction.

I've had many a chat with people who are desperate to see the Saints win a premiership once in their lifetime. If someone got us a flag, and just like BRWB said, then took a dump at the centre circle every match, we'd all probably have a good laugh, and it would be a reason to recall his heroics in the Granny. Yeah, the centre crap could become a cult thing. "Take a dump, take a dump" - I can just imagine the chants. That would be the weekly dump by the Premiership Hero. I'd wave my flag for that!

Could be worse. 1964.
But I concur.

Player #2 - Paddy McCartin

patrick-mccartin-of-sandringham-misses-a-mark-during-the-round-17-vfl-picture-id584803558

Pictured (in David Attenborough voice): The natural habitat of the McCartin, dropping a mark at VFL level

Patrick McCartin is a former no#1 draft pick who plays for St Kilda who have a proud history of (weird looking) KPFs. Riewoldt, Hall, Plugger, Gehrig, Cowboy Neale, etc. It's extremely unlikely that 'Gappy' adds to this list despite meeting the 'weird looking' requirement.

Now it needs to be said Paddy has had a few challenges along the way, and I don't just mean the irresistible midnight call of the fridge.
He has diabetes (like GWS' Sam Reid and Dale Weightman), a large gap between his teeth and let's face it in past years he's copped more concussions than an NRL player's wife.
None of that matters when the guy wants to play a stay at home full forward role in the modern era where's it's basically a non-existent role.

First of all, he's got a solid build for an amateur wrestler but AFL is a running sport. Modern players are expected to run, dummy run, guard space (Nick Maxwell was ahead of his time!), and as a forward you need to lead. Gappy can lead - once. Sometimes twice. But he's no Nick Riewoldt (who'd want to see him naked anyway). On top of this he has the turning circle of a BHP iron ore train. But that's not his biggest problem either.

'Mattress Guts' (as he's known at VFL level) reacts to the play rather than makes it. Unless he's delivered the ball on a platter he just doesn't get near it. He did manage to get 13 games this year because... St Kilda (there's nobody else) but he's like the 7th person in an orgy, just making up the numbers. True story. He also tends to fumble under pressure which is... alright, no more orgy stories.

It just wasn't a great pick all round and reeks of St Kilda panicking and taking a KPF because their value is high rather than taking the best available player at pick 1. With Riewoldt they're batting at 50% with no 1 picks in recent history: Even Carlton have nailed more no 1 picks this century and the Washington Generals send them sympathy cards each festive season.

Of course, we could just take St Kilda fans' opinion into account too:

PS - this year he kicked 12 goals 17 behinds, so he clearly shares the same goal kicking coach that Jack Billings does down at Seaford/Moorabbin/Revs. That's an accuracy rate of 41.4% which is also happens to be the ATAR of Ms Duthie.

kim+duthie+out+door.jpg

Pictured: Well if you didn't want us to know your ATAR you shouldn't have left your laptop open.
PS get used to that word - laptop. It might come in handy, career wise

Just to rub further salt into the wounds, his younger brother Tom has been drafted by the Swans and despite being four years younger has already overtaken him. Don't you hate it when a younger sibling is doing better than you?

962509_thumb_326x184.jpg

Pictured: A clash hotly anticipated by hundreds of fans each season: The concession sessions

Paddy, Gappy, Mattress Guts. Sorry to hear Max King is on the list now, he looks a gun. And Josh Battle looks promising too. Enjoy the festive season and welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2018.
Mattress Guts!
I'm dying! :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back