The Manager Merry-go-Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was trolling I would have rolled in there with some memes, gifs and written LOLOLOLOL UNITED etc etc

But I didnt, I went in there to discuss with United fans how s**t United are.

Ah so you're being so dumb you don't even know the different forms trolling can take.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Im not reveling in anything. I dont want Poch going anywhere near United as he is a pretty good manager. I hope he stays at Spurs.
Not sure I believe you. Definitely need to change your tack on how you post because it comes across as baiting.

On the United board especially so. Why go there after you’ve just whipped them? It was just to gloat, at least be big enough to come clean

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well we all know it's not about Levy letting anyone go. When a player wants to leave, they leave. Whether it happens immediately or 6 months to a year down the track. Players have all the power now. If Kane or Eriksen or Ali wants out, they will go. Not a lot Levy can do about it.

I've seen it first hand with Torres, Sterling, Suarez and Coutinho. Just make sure you spend the money you get from them leaving the right way.

I just think if Poch does leave and Spurs still are winning no trophies, I think you could see some players looking for the door. Maybe not Kane, but Ali and Eriksen have no allegiances to Spurs.

Levy can absolutely do something about it, including making them play out their contracts (especially those who have recently signed).

Beyond stating that obvious do you have an opinion?

Do you think these players and Poch are leaving?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I was trolling I would have rolled in there with some memes, gifs and written LOLOLOLOL UNITED etc etc

Why are you doing that for? That thread is their sanctuary. Be respectful in their space. I’m actually surprised none of the United fans reported you for that. They must have some really thick skin.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Why are you doing that for? That thread is their sanctuary. Be respectful in their space. I’m actually surprised none of the United fans reported you for that. They must have some really thick skin.
Because I went in there to have a discussion with them about how s**t United were. I wanted to see where the fan base was at cos I hadnt seen such a pathetic United outfit in all my years following football.

As I said I didnt go in there with meme's and writing stuff like lolmou etc...

I was genuinely so shocked at how poor United were, I wanted to talk about it with their fans. There was nothing reportable in there.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Levy can absolutely do something about it, including making them play out their contracts (especially those who have recently signed).

Beyond stating that obvious do you have an opinion?

Do you think these players and Poch are leaving?

He can make them play out their contract. By law anybody can make someone honour a contract. But it NEVER happens. We had every player under contract that we have lost, but they still go their way. Players have all the power.

Do I think anyone is leaving Spurs? Not really no. Poch is certainly a chance to leave if United do in fact come calling but we will have to wait and see at the end of the season. It's a domino effect too. If Poch does leave and still no trophies are won, then I can see Kane, Ali and Eriksen inching towards the door.

It's all wait and see though.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He can make them play out their contract. By law anybody can make someone honour a contract. But it NEVER happens. We had every player under contract that we have lost, but they still go their way. Players have all the power.

Do I think anyone is leaving Spurs? Not really no. Poch is certainly a chance to leave if United do in fact come calling but we will have to wait and see at the end of the season. It's a domino effect too. If Poch does leave and still no trophies are won, then I can see Kane, Ali and Eriksen inching towards the door.

Could you not say the same about Liverpool if you don’t win anything this season? The spurs camp looks just as happy as the Liverpool one at the moment

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

Thank you, through all the baiting we get it your opinion. I actually disagree, I think he’ll walk and based on the list we’ll get a reasonable replacement.

If United were looking at Klopp; would he be at risk of going?

No idea what you guys are talking about.

I wasnt trolling in the United thread.
come on now that’s complete horse s**t

you can still be a troll without the lol how s**t are united which you basically went on about saying we were the weakest side you have played all season it’s pure bait

Not sure I believe you. Definitely need to change your tack on how you post because it comes across as baiting.

On the United board especially so. Why go there after you’ve just whipped them? It was just to gloat, at least be big enough to come clean
it was to gloat like you would normally s**t stir your mate

Can't really blame Liverpool fans for being up and about. But Joddy you 1000% were trolling. At least be a man and admit that.

CFC_JP

Club Legend
Jun 21, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Can't see poch leaving just yet. About to move into a new stadium and has an excellent squad to manage. I think he will stay at least another season or two and then consider his options.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can't see poch leaving just yet. About to move into a new stadium and has an excellent squad to manage. I think he will stay at least another season or two and then consider his options.
I tend to agree, certainly one more season, but I wouldn’t be putting huge money on it

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
The question is does Poch see Levy as having the same ambition as he does?

Poch has finished 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd which are great results but he hasn't managed to climb to the top. Tottenham are moving in to a new stadium but that means money is going to be an issue, how long does he give himself to battle against the status quo before it wears thin and players start to get sold around him.

The United job offers the change to manage a legitimate "Super club" and as much as it's fun to laugh at United, you can't argue that they are still a top 5 club for for ambitious managers (PSG, Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern being the others IMO).

Will he go? who knows. I hope he doesn't because it's great having United fans suffer after putting up with their gloating for the best part of 2 decades.

But the idea that it's not a tempting offer just because United are down and Tottenham are up at the moment is a little silly.

CFC_JP

Club Legend
Jun 21, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
The question is does Poch see Levy as having the same ambition as he does?

Poch has finished 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd which are great results but he hasn't managed to climb to the top. Tottenham are moving in to a new stadium but that means money is going to be an issue, how long does he give himself to battle against the status quo before it wears thin and players start to get sold around him.

The United job offers the change to manage a legitimate "Super club" and as much as it's fun to laugh at United, you can't argue that they are still a top 5 club for for ambitious managers (PSG, Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern being the others IMO).

Will he go? who knows. I hope he doesn't because it's great having United fans suffer after putting up with their gloating for the best part of 2 decades.

But the idea that it's not a tempting offer just because United are down and Tottenham are up at the moment is a little silly.
I can think of 10 clubs way ahead of PSG and Bayern as a destination for ambitious managers

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
I’ll bite, but before I do.

Is Liverpool a destination for big names? Clearly of late, Liverpool has been a feeder club for the “destination clubs”.

Very hard to see someone like Levy let Poch, Kane, Ali and Eriksen go at the same time. You are correct if we lose all 4 were in trouble, though that’s a fairly obvious statement.

Levy has control over players leaving (FIFA will not allow a player to change clubs unless a deal is signed by both clubs).

There isn't the same protection afforded to managers. If Poch wanted to go it would be as simple as Utd paying out the rest of his contract (which would be a huge amount with his new deal).

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
i dont really think there are any reasons why poch should leave spurs. and if the reason is 'well it's united' then i still disagree with it. he has already done so much with spurs and completely reshaping it as a club and a brand. they have a better team, better system, about to move into a frankly incredible new stadium, and their core players are still young. his opportunity to invest in the squad will come back as well.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
i dont really think there are any reasons why poch should leave spurs. and if the reason is 'well it's united' then i still disagree with it. he has already done so much with spurs and completely reshaping it as a club and a brand. they have a better team, better system, about to move into a frankly incredible new stadium, and their core players are still young. his opportunity to invest in the squad will come back as well.

Agree in general with this but there's no doubt the lure of managing Utd is significant.

Logistically it doesn't make sense for Utd to pay out his contract (probably a good 40-50m pounds) when there is other managers they could get without having to pry them away from a club not wanting to part ways.

There's every chance Utd might double Poch's current wage but I am not sure Poch is the sort of manager who would chase money.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Agree in general with this but there's no doubt the lure of managing Utd is significant.

Logistically it doesn't make sense for Utd to pay out his contract (probably a good 40-50m pounds) when there is other managers they could get without having to pry them away from a club not wanting to part ways.

There's every chance Utd might double Poch's current wage but I am not sure Poch is the sort of manager who would chase money.
yet the only 'top' manager they've managed to lure was someone sacked by chelsea with them near the relegation zone.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
While mostly true in the long run, serious investment in the squad will realistically not be happening at least not next season, if it is anything like what happened with us and the Emirates they will be keeping their spending to an absolute minimum for a while yet.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Could you not say the same about Liverpool if you don’t win anything this season? The spurs camp looks just as happy as the Liverpool one at the moment
I dont think so no, as we are building towards something. It feels like Spurs have hit their ceiling and cant go any further. You guys have sort of been this good for years and his has brought no trophies.

Year upon year under Klopp we have gotten better and better. So it's a process. Another two or three years with nothing and if there is then a little drop off, yeah I can see players looking for the exit. But we are earlier in our cycle than Spurs IMO.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Thank you, through all the baiting we get it your opinion. I actually disagree, I think he’ll walk and based on the list we’ll get a reasonable replacement.

If United were looking at Klopp; would he be at risk of going?

United can gaze lovingly at Klopp all they want. He would never leave Liverpool for United. I think Klopp has zero interest in managing United. Also why on earth would he leave Liverpool now when he has built them into one of Europes best teams for the dumpster fire that is United?

So yeah, zero risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back