Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
D'Lo played awesome - I want him back please
Without trading him, we don’t get LeBron or Kuzma - the two players that aren’t the issue right now

Even Lonzo played well today. We’re really missing McGee (not to mention BI and Rondo), our bench players seem to be really running out of gas recently too. Hart has been awful in the last few

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Without trading him, we don’t get LeBron or Kuzma - the two players that aren’t the issue right now

Even Lonzo played well today. We’re really missing McGee (not to mention BI and Rondo), our bench players seem to be really running out of gas recently too. Hart has been awful in the last few

I just prefer D'Lo to Lonzo. D'Lo is the better player. His passing today was magnificent.

People seem to forget Lonzo is in his second year. He's shown a lot of signs he's going to be very, very good. We have to persist imo. Not all the star players hit the ground running from the get go.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I just prefer D'Lo to Lonzo. D'Lo is the better player. His passing today was magnificent.
Yeah DLo is the better player, but he was a necessary evil at the time, especially after dobbing on Swaggy P (the team didn’t like that, apparently)

Disregarding that incident, DLo could have been replaced with pick 2 in the Brooklyn deal, but Lonzo’s not a bust by any means so far

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
What does dudzo ball actually offer this team

He cant play off the ball at all, could of tied his hands behind his back all game and he would of had the same effect (actually probably would of won the game if he didnt play)

His shooting mechanics are an absolute disgrace and he will be nothing more than a 25%-30% 3 point shooter in the nba if he is lucky

Package him as the steak knives for AD (Ingram and Hart are the main pieces of the deal) and be done with him

Bloke is absolutely redundant on this team and is as a big a bust as fultz IMO

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
What does dudzo ball actually offer this team

He cant play off the ball at all, could of tied his hands behind his back all game and he would of had the same effect (actually probably would of won the game if he didnt play)

His shooting mechanics are an absolute disgrace and he will be nothing more than a 25%-30% 3 point shooter in the nba if he is lucky

Package him as the steak knives for AD (Ingram and Hart are the main pieces of the deal) and be done with him

Bloke is absolutely redundant on this team and is as a big a bust as fultz IMO

He seems to return some good numbers when the likes of Rondo and Ingram were out, but there doesn't seem to be a role for him when they are playing.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ball + Ingram + Hart pls

Leaves us with roughly 25mil to spend on a FA. Middleton preferable, but probably doesn’t happen. We could get Harris if KD and Kawhi both get to the Clippers, but that would push Kuz to the bench

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Very pleased to see Zubac doing so well, and those sweet shots of Svi at the end have me thinking I'd really like to hang onto those players long term.
Think we’ll have to include Zu in any AD deal now if he continues like this

Svi is a keeper, can see him developing into a solid role player

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
I'm fed up with that red headed bimbo Nicholls thinking she knows more about the needs of the Lakers than Magic Johnson, and her continual harping on how LeBron is 34 this year. She's a friggin' idiot. I wish someone would explain to her why she's in the media and not running a basketball franchise.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Didn’t watch the game, how did we lose to the Knicks lol

Walton won’t last the season

Well, we didn't have LeBron and Kuzma which doesn't help, and Rondo missed his 25th game for the season. I didn't see the game either but was following progress scores. At one stage we were down 5-20 and went in at 1/4 time 14 points down ... to the Knicks!! For quarters 2 & 3, not a lot happened but we had managed to claw our way back into the lead by 6 points. I thought we should have been able to win from there, but no. Outscored 20-33 in the last term.

Unfortunately, Lakers minus LeBron = Lakers 2017-18. Too many players who do well for 10 minutes, maybe even a game or two, but that's it. We have struggled all season in matches that we should be winning. When LeBron's not there, we lack that consistent performer night after night which other teams seem to have. We may still make the playoffs but let's face it, we won't last long.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
It’s funny, I think we’re probably a 5/6 seed once the playoffs come around, but I think we end up in the semis or WCF (depending where we face the Warriors), as playoff LeBron, playoff Rondo and Kuzma will come into play big time. Ingram and Lonzo don’t seem to have developed any consistency, so they won’t help when push comes to shove. Need to move them for a consistent piece at this stage

Back