Discussion NAFL 2018-19 Premiership Season Hub

Remove this Banner Ad

axqQ83W.png

go vote in round eighteen.

That's the top 8 all clinched

Spoon might go down to the wire

Perth will all but certainly finish top undefeated, Busselton and Melbourne will probably trade places looking at the last two fixtures.

Adelaide will likely finish 4th on percentage.

Waikato's home is easily the strongest kit outside of that 4 but it clashes so I think the top 4 teams will be the only challengers.

That's the top 8 all clinched

Spoon might go down to the wire

Perth will all but certainly finish top undefeated, Busselton and Melbourne will probably trade places looking at the last two fixtures.

Adelaide will likely finish 4th on percentage.

Waikato's home is easily the strongest kit outside of that 4 but it clashes so I think the top 4 teams will be the only challengers.

Alice Springs, even in 5th would still be contenders. If anything it would be an advantage as their away is stronger than their home.

vB4sTBA.png

The top eight is now confirmed, with only two games to play and a fourteen point gap between 8th and 9th. Perth, Melbourne and Busselton have all clinched a top four spot, with fourth spot now only contested between Adelaide, Alice Springs and Waikato.

vB4sTBA.png

The top eight is now confirmed, with only two games to play and a fourteen point gap between 8th and 9th. Perth, Melbourne and Busselton have all clinched a top four spot, with fourth spot now only contested between Adelaide, Alice Springs and Waikato.
I feel like these tri-weekly ladder updates are just you flexing that Perth is undefeated :p

Hey all, just worth noting that after Round 20, NAFL will go on a holiday hiatus until the forum works have been completed as posts during the time will be lost during the transition.

Alright with Round 20 now up I guess it is time for some season feedback. Thoughts on the Seawolves set (inc. presentation)?

6oCj9iv.jpg

*All in one used to save posting 4 images.
Great colours, solid set, except for your clash. Shame that it was used just as much as the home, otherwise I think you would be higher on the ladder.

And the all-in-one presentation is a little bit odd for me. The postcard feel is good, but the outer two are tilted too much for mine.

except for your clash.

I doubt either of these would have fared too much better so was probably on the back foot from the start in the away/clash department.

qs9lbtY.jpg

(Rejected as I did not want a full set that had the same basic look)

cEOKKbI.png

(Rejected as it was too much like the 2009 Port Adelaide clash design)

I doubt either of these would have fared too much better so was probably on the back foot from the start in the away/clash department.

qs9lbtY.jpg

cEOKKbI.png

Respect your choice as a designer and ultimately you’re putting out what you want to design - but I still reckon the whale tail clash would have fared significantly better. The actual design element is probably one of the best and most iconic in NAFL history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright with Round 20 now up I guess it is time for some season feedback. Thoughts on the Seawolves set (inc. presentation)?

6oCj9iv.jpg

qs9lbtY.jpg

cEOKKbI.png

The Home jumper is very, very good, but as Andonis1997 said, the white clash would have fared much better, especially as the home jumper (where the design was coming from) was so good. The huge logo just didn't work, especially when compared to the opposition it was facing

craegus, I'm in the tail > whale camp. I thought last year's designs were too detailed so scaling that back a bit without ditching it altogether was a positive for me. Seeing all of your jumpers together I like the heritage one the most, which probably doesn't help much.

6oCj9iv.jpg

I think they're all terrific. I'm a sucker for a well-drawn beastie, and your orca hits the mark.

Great colours, solid set, except for your clash. Shame that it was used just as much as the home, otherwise I think you would be higher on the ladder.

And the all-in-one presentation is a little bit odd for me. The postcard feel is good, but the outer two are tilted too much for mine.

Respect your choice as a designer and ultimately you’re putting out what you want to design - but I still reckon the whale tail clash would have fared significantly better. The actual design element is probably one of the best and most iconic in NAFL history.

I didn't like the numbers, but apart from that, not much to fault. The fern's a good thing, but I wouldn't have flipped and continued it on the back though.

The Home jumper is very, very good, but as Andonis1997 said, the white clash would have fared much better, especially as the home jumper (where the design was coming from) was so good. The huge logo just didn't work, especially when compared to the opposition it was facing

craegus, I'm in the tail > whale camp. I thought last year's designs were too detailed so scaling that back a bit without ditching it altogether was a positive for me. Seeing all of your jumpers together I like the heritage one the most, which probably doesn't help much.

Ok so tail = good.

Well now I have pained myself into a corner.

A lot of thinking will be needed now in working out how to utilise the tail each season in different ways so that I am not using the same kit each year, but still using the design element.

I like the Orca clash as a point of difference. While I think the whale tail is overall a better design, having a full set of the same basic design will get stale over the course of a season IMO

I like the Orca clash as a point of difference. While I think the whale tail is overall a better design, having a full set of the same basic design will get stale over the course of a season IMO

That was my thinking and reasoning behind it.

I'm definitely not advocating the use of the tail/fern for all of the kits, but just something other than a large orca on a white background.

Ah9qZox.png

This draws a close to the NAFL 2018-19 home and away season, before the finals series starts in the new year. In what has been probably the highest standard of competition this board has ever seen, this season has seen teams that would have in the past easily made the eight, unfortunately miss out, and an extremely tough fight for spots inside of the eight. It's the closest top three in history, and the best result from the bottom teams in history. This season has also seen some new records broken, which have been added to the Record Books on the first page. Assuming everyone returns next season, NAFL will expand to 18 teams for NAFL 2019 (which will now be held September onwards) with Woolloongabba and Renmark in a promotion/relegation playoff round robin against the two losing preliminary finalists from NAFL Reserves.

Special thanks as well to The Cheesecake Bryce_Jersey17 Teen Wolf sjohnson and Shokunin - all of which came up at the last minute to fill in the gaps this season.

Here is the finals series bracket for this season, commencing on New Year's Day (assuming the board works are complete!)

3suMEmv.png

Last edited:
Thanks for inviting me Freight Train, was really a good experience but now I have a good idea of what to do and what type of designs to go for, I'll be back... (after a season in the reserves) haha

You'll be back in no time :thumbsu:

Thanks for inviting me Freight Train, was really a good experience but now I have a good idea of what to do and what type of designs to go for, I'll be back... (after a season in the reserves) haha

Good chance you're back next season. You'll playoff along with Teen Wolf against the two losing Reserves preliminary finalists in a round robin, where the two top teams from that will go into NAFL next season. Fairest way to do it IMO - think 18 teams is a fair number, and given the two bottom teams were brought up at the last minute, gives you two time to develop and see how you go next year. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back