Training 2019 preseason discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So glad I got out of my party years without a bad habit.
Yeah me too. Only habit I still have from my party days is days partying.

I'm only 40 though, hopefully still a decade or two before I hang up the glowsticks :$:$:$:$

just funny how never seen it while he was at melbourne yet every single weekend he has been buckled at something since going back to freo besides when he went home. bloke just went home to get ****** up and get paid. i never really rated him so onfield and off the campaigner has the wrong mentality of what it takes to reach the top. we won that trade its laughable how ******s were crying over it
I dont mean this in any disrespect after the events of last month, but there could be a few similarities between Hogan and Col Sylvia.
Both Could be anything with there immense talent, but just love getting loose off the field too often (mind you they are the only parallels I'm drawing between Hogan and Col)
harry000 can confirm?

Last edited:
a few of my mates see him out at everything they go to im not into drugs n festivals but they love that life obviously Hogan does as well. then his story on insta has him at different 1s then theres photo on melbourne demons uncensored facebook page buckled on the floor. yeah club would know a ****load more than we would know.
where do i find said page?

I dont mean this in any disrespect after the events of last month, but there could be a few similarities between Hogan and Col Sylvia.
Both Could be anything, but just love getting loose off the field too often (mind you they are the only parallels I'm drawing between Hogan and Col)
harry000 can confirm?
I have partied with him.. mid season when he was supposed to be out injured. Definitely gets loose haha.

I have partied with him.. mid season when he was supposed to be out injured. Definitely gets loose haha.
How come everybody else knows famous (ish) athletes and gets to party with them? I don’t know anyone. Though Ricky Nixon sort of crashed a group thing at a pub once that I organised (I didn’t organise Ricky - he just sort of joined in because he’s that type of sad case).

I did once play pool in Hobart with Shoaib Akhtar and some other lesser known Pakistani players. He won. They also drank more than one would expect of muslims.

How come everybody else knows famous (ish) athletes and gets to party with them? I don’t know anyone. Though Ricky Nixon sort of crashed a group thing at a pub once that I organised (I didn’t organise Ricky - he just sort of joined in because he’s that type of sad case).

I did once play pool in Hobart with Shoaib Akhtar and some other lesser known Pakistani players. He won. They also drank more than one would expect of muslims.
I dont actually know him, he was just off his head so any old peasant was fine for him to hang out with at the time haha

Both Could be anything with there immense talent, but just love getting loose off the field too often (mind you they are the only parallels I'm drawing between Hogan and Col)
harry000 can confirm?
Sylvia never produced consistently good footy close to what Hogan has managed to date. If the rumours about Hogan being on the pills every weekend are true, and I have no clue if they are, then he definitely fits more into the Dane Swan 'work hard, play hard' mould of footballer. Having said that, one step up from Swanny was Ben Cousins - so its all fun and games until it gets outta hand

Sylvia never produced consistently good footy close to what Hogan has managed to date. If the rumours about Hogan being on the pills every weekend are true, and I have no clue if they are, then he definitely fits more into the Dane Swan 'work hard, play hard' mould of footballer. Having said that, one step up from Swanny was Ben Cousins - so its all fun and games until it gets outta hand

Yep. Hogan might love the nightlife but have never heard anything about him being lazy on the track, and his excellent fitness has always been a weapon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am i the only one here that sees similarities between Petrecca and Ben Cousins?
At least early in his career as a forward, before he became a permanent midfielder

Yes. Cousins was a slim hard running ball winning endurance machine.

Trac is a powerful, impact player who is strong overhead.

If only Trac would improve his tank

He has, but he will never be a running machine like ANB. Just like you won’t see ANB man handling opponents one on one in marking contests like trac can.

when do we start back at training?
Monday I think - or at least that’s when the public welcome training begins in Melbourne. Can’t be long before they go on camp though, since that has to coincide with the Tennis which boots everyone out of the facilities

when do we start back at training?
Monday I think - or at least that’s when the public welcome training begins in Melbourne. Can’t be long before they go on camp though, since that has to coincide with the Tennis which boots everyone out of the facilities
I saw something that suggested that they're back training this Saturday ... But that might just be a time trial somewhere before getting back to actual training Monday ...

I got an email the other day to say that the open session on the Sunny Coast is on Saturday 2nd Feb, so I'd say they'll be up here from the 28th.

I saw something that suggested that they're back training this Saturday ... But that might just be a time trial somewhere before getting back to actual training Monday ...

I got an email the other day to say that the open session on the Sunny Coast is on Saturday 2nd Feb, so I'd say they'll be up here from the 28th.
Me too. I was about to post that when I checked the website and it said Monday...

??? Who knows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back