Traded Rory Lobb [traded with #14, #43 and #47 to Fremantle for #11 and #19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy with this deal. Thanks again Freo, you're a pleasure to deal with. McCarthy is no certainty to get a game this year but very happy with Timmy Taranto's form at the Giants. With pick 11 for Lobb I'm confident of coming out ahead from this deal as well.
I actually reckon the deal was pretty good for everyone. GWS got Taranto, Freo managed McCarthy, Logue, Darcy and Ryan, and Brisbane got McCluggage and Berry. Early days, but I think all clubs would be satisfied.

I actually reckon the deal was pretty good for everyone. GWS got Taranto, Freo managed McCarthy, Logue, Darcy and Ryan, and Brisbane got McCluggage and Berry. Early days, but I think all clubs would be satisfied.

We turned pick 3 into 4 best 22 players. McCarthy will turn a few heads this coming year. I use to think Hamling was part of the deal not Darcy, maybe I’m wrong.

We turned pick 3 into 4 best 22 players. McCarthy will turn a few heads this coming year. I use to think Hamling was part of the deal not Darcy, maybe I’m wrong.

It was a good deal for Freo, no doubt. This Lobb deal is interesting as well. GWS drafted Hately and Hill with the picks Fremantle sent for Lobb and Sturt. It's pretty well known that SOS's 2 million dollar black hole helped get Lobb back to WA. I just hope GWS can fix it when Hatley (SA) and Hill (WA) start contract renegotiation.

It was a good deal for Freo, no doubt. This Lobb deal is interesting as well. GWS drafted Hately and Hill with the picks Fremantle sent for Lobb and Sturt. It's pretty well known that SOS's 2 million dollar black hole helped get Lobb back to WA. I just hope GWS can fix it when Hatley (SA) and Hill (WA) start contract renegotiation.
And we hope you'll be able to keep Wilson and Lobb in the manner to which they've become accustomed long term.

Putting together a pretty good preseason, has added some legitimate size. Looking less like a grasshopper.

He could be quite the surprise packet this year playing 90% forward.

Putting together a pretty good preseason, has added some legitimate size. Looking less like a grasshopper.

He could be quite the surprise packet this year playing 90% forward.
He hasn't looked like a string bean since 2016 really and bulked up a but each year. Interested to see if he's put on more bulk.

Judge for yourself.
He looks fit. Not that different though. He has always been a hard worker in the gym.

More important Ithink he's finally thrown off the groin soreness that's plagued him since 2016. He had a broken bone in his back holding him back last year as well.

Pretty sure he'll have a great year. Curious to see how Lyon uses him. He certainly can play as a marking forward. We used him around the ground a lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back