Position 2019 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell - Going without, first upgrade target for sure. Interrupted pre season and prefer Macrae.
Macrae - Most disgusting supercoach scoring I ever saw last year, Gary Ablett 2014-esque. Welcome my team
Cripps - Don't think he'll go as hard week in week out knowing they're playing for nothing. Only because of what it does to his body.
Fyfe - Going without this year, his 125 ppg start will be offset by injury/suspension eventually.
Kelly - Monitoring, interrupted pre season.
Neale - 115 and never injured. Welcome.
Matt Crouch - All time disposals record 2017, welcome.
Dusty - Said he's not going all out during the regular season - Still considering due to price, but probably pass.
Zerrett - Essendon in for big year, welcome.
Sloane - Want, think he'll go 105-108. For his price I'll take that.
BCrouch - don't waste your time, not even in full training yet. Judging by an interview he's lost confidence in his body.
Libba - Yes if structure allows it, monitoring.

Link to the Brouch interview

He will only get better.

Not like he is 30+

I could easily be wrong, he's a superstar, but it makes sense for his own development to work on his forward craft rather than get battered breaking the contested disposals record. I think I'll get him much cheaper later on.

You're entitled to think that, he might not. It's not what you were implying though.

I wasnt trying to question his effort if it came across that way, but it would make sense for him not to play full time midfield in a development year to me. Regardless its had to question picking him, but my gut says don't start him.

(Sees Tom Liberatore in thread)

*PSTD Flashbacks*

(Sees Libba doing his ACL this year Round 1, 1st quarter)

1a6xat.jpg

I wasnt trying to question his effort if it came across that way, but it would make sense for him not to play full time midfield in a development year to me. Regardless its had to question picking him, but my gut says don't start him.

As captain can guarantees ya he plays predominantly mid.
Blokes a beast and Bolton ain't watching him knit in the forward line.

Your call is a late addition to the top 10 absurd calls of 2018

My current setup:

Titch
Cripps
Fyfe
Dusty
Libba

Oliver/Kelly/Neale/MCrouch upgrade targets at this stage

Why is MCrouch an upgrade and not a starter?
Seems like he's a value pick as a starter.

As captain can guarantees ya he plays predominantly mid.
Blokes a beast and Bolton ain't watching him knit in the forward line.

Your call is a late addition to the top 10 absurd calls of 2018

I don’t see him as a value pick sorry. Considering many of us are spending extra on Danger, Grundy, Laird and Titch.

My current setup:

Titch
Cripps
Fyfe
Dusty
Libba

Oliver/Kelly/Neale/MCrouch upgrade targets at this stage
Don't get Mrouch. campaigner is an uncontested seagull with dyslexic disposal who feeds on the easy ball all you can eat king prawn buffet provided by his non-soft**** teammates who actually put in the hard yards to get the pill out only for him to turn it over with a 20m non preferred foot spasm that goes straight to his direct opponent. Gets more bloody disposals than SC points.

And in case you were wondering yes he did hurt me last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get Mrouch. campaigner is an uncontested seagull with dyslexic disposal who feeds on the easy ball all you can eat king prawn buffet provided by his non-soft**** teammates who actually put in the hard yards to get the pill out only for him to turn it over with a 20m non preferred foot spasm that goes straight to his direct opponent. Gets more bloody disposals than SC points.

And in case you were wondering yes he did hurt me last season.
I started with him last year.

Dusty can match MCrouch’s 40 touches 105 type score with half of that.

Do you honestly believe that or are you just taking the piss?
He’s taking the piss. Carlton haven’t been playing for anything for more than a decade, so if Cripps hasn’t been going hard his whole career and still averaging 120 then I wanna be on him when he actually gives a *.

Meh, been done before. Also need to realise that Danger, Heeney, Gray up forward should be scoring as midfielders. It’s lucky for us they have DPP.

You think Gray is going to see plenty of mid time this year?
Id have thought with Wingard gone that there's an even greater need for his goal kicking talents up forward?

You think Gray is going to see plenty of mid time this year?
Id have thought with Wingard gone that there's an even greater need for his goal kicking talents up forward?
Wingard was moved in to the midfield so Gray went up forward. You’d think with Wingard gone now, Gray would return to the midfield. TBH I don’t know why Gray was ever moved. Sure he’s a handy forward, so was GAJ, but gun players like that belong in the engine room.

Wingard was moved in to the midfield so Gray went up forward. You’d think with Wingard gone now, Gray would return to the midfield. TBH I don’t know why Gray was ever moved. Sure he’s a handy forward, so was GAJ, but gun players like that belong in the engine room.
downloadfile-38.jpg

I disagree. I think the most like for like player I can remember to Gray is Stevie J. I was always a lot more nervous as a oppo supporter with Stevie J one out in the 50 than him getting it 30 times in the midfield.

Think you only have to go to the showdown last year to see how good Gray is in that situation. Sucks for SC, tho.

The new rules could mean a spike in scoring for him with more 1v1's.

Grays a better forward than he is a midfielder. That's why he should stay there.

He's a solid midfielder, he's an ELITE forward.

Kinda like Chris Marsden

You know you're s**t when after 11 seasons even your own teams supporters can't be arsed spelling or pronouncing your name right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back