If you had to live the rest of your life in another country, where would you choose.

Remove this Banner Ad

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
Lets say for whatever reason Australia is destroyed and all current inhabitants now have to choose another country in which to continue living...where would you chose. Try not to take pragmatism into account (ie- an EU country just because then you have free roam around the EU). Pick the country on the country itself and where you feel you´d best fit in, or live the best life possible or maybe a place that has fascinated and intrigued you enough that you would start a life there.

Id probably go with Denmark, with Canada 2nd.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Country I've been = Thailand. Beach, laid back lifestyle, good food and weather what's not too like? Close 2nd NZ. Awesome scenery but cold would s**t me after a while.

Others = Canada, England. Similar culture to Australia so would adapt easier.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Probably Switzerland or Northern Italy. I speak not bad Italian and French and lived in Turin for just under a year so know the region quite well.

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
I lived in Sweden and Switzerland for 13 years. I would live in neither. Horrible weather and food. No thanks. Switzerland is just a police state, i got fined 3 times for dumping organic waste in the wrong garbage bag (yellow bag) in the canton or Aargau. When you buy the waste bags, you need your ID card, so that they can track you...go figure. o_O .While this is different from Canton to canton, its more or less the same everywhere.

I wouldn't mind living in China, my company headquarter been just moved there and we have factories there. Life is good, specially in Southern China (Shenzen), which is now full of Europeans and Americans all of a sudden.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Any of Ireland, UK, Canada, NZ; or if I could be bothered learning a language Italy, Vietnam (both northern to avoid the heat), maybe Switzerland or Iceland. But will possibly retire to the hills in Malaysia - coz its cheap, and up in the hills is not so hot and humid.

Places ive been too that I would live in are Netherlands, Germany, Canada, Singapore & Texas (pretty much its own country)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
If I had money Italy France Spain or Portugal
If I didnt have lots of money Vietnam or Thailand