Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars: It's totally ****ed now.

Kylo is actually a broom, masquerading as a horse, pretending to be a Sith Lord.

Rey turns out to be Dr Who.

Finn gets his own talk show.

Force ghost Luke and Yoda go on a road trip to Vegas, smashing shrooms and getting into all sorts of hi-jinks.

In addition to poor grammar, it’s lack of credibility comes to the fore
:think:

JJ plans to have the biggest plot twist of all time in Ep9, bigger than Vader's Iam Your Father moment, and something that will alter perception of the PT and OT.

The only thing I can think of that would be that huge is if JJ trolls "Star Wars" by making Jar Jar Binks the secret master Sith Lord who has been controlling everything from behind the scenes.

If they do any major twists it will probably be time travel or something, but any twists or shakeup would be unlikely. I can't see Episode 9 being anything other than a safe conclusion to the ST that will undoubtedly make another shitload of money.

:think:

If they do any major twists it will probably be time travel or something, but any twists or shakeup would be unlikely. I can't see Episode 9 being anything other than a safe conclusion to the ST that will undoubtedly make another shitload of money.
******* auto correct. It’s/its is its (note the correct usage :p) biggest blind spot.

They will do their hardest to build on TLJ. Anything less will be considered a PR disaster and alienate the pro TLJ crowd.

Sent from mTalk

/insert Frasier oh dear god gif here!

*EDIT*
giphy.gif

:D

Last edited:
So the Star Wars sequel trilogy takes place over a year.

The Korean War was longer.

Sent from mTalk

I guess so. The First Order took 30(?) years to rise up after ROTJ and will probably be defeated in the space of a year

By half a dozen people in one ship.

Sent from mTalk
No...in 12 months since the events of TLJ, the "rebellion" will somehow now be a major army rivaling Kylo's FO, with tons of massive ships and super weapon, millions of soldiers, etc.

It's back to the hi-jinks of empire vs rebels.

JJ had a great idea pre Ep7, to envision the remnants of the Empire to be like ex-Nazis hiding elsewhere and hunted down....and/or.....regrouping in the unknown regions. And, to have the idea of a defecting Stormtrooper as a main character. Even the Knights of Ren idea, Kylo destroying Luke's Jedi Academy because he digs the history of his lineage.

It's such a shame he (Abrams) constrained all that inside a copy-past of ANH, and thus ruined the chance of something interesting.

No...in 12 months since the events of TLJ, the "rebellion" will somehow now be a major army rivaling Kylo's FO, with tons of massive ships and super weapon, millions of soldiers, etc.

It's back to the hi-jinks of empire vs rebels.

JJ had a great idea pre Ep7, to envision the remnants of the Empire to be like ex-Nazis hiding elsewhere and hunted down....and/or.....regrouping in the unknown regions. And, to have the idea of a defecting Stormtrooper as a main character. Even the Knights of Ren idea, Kylo destroying Luke's Jedi Academy because he digs the history of his lineage.

It's such a shame he (Abrams) constrained all that inside a copy-past of ANH, and thus ruined the chance of something interesting.

All he needed to do was have a few GREAT light saber duels and pew pew pew guns going off. It shouldn't have been that hard :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure that's a certainty.

As awful as TLJ was to me, it was at least visually pretty good and slightly more original. Only slightly.

It took a bigger swing, missed, and got caught out plumb LBW, but at least it took a swing.

JJ has a good record for being not out, finishing with 22 from 134 balls, to keep the cricket analogies.

Attack of the Clones in particular is TERRIBLE - but it still felt like a star wars movie. Neither of the new ones are star wars movies; just a facsimile and then a frankenstein's monster of themes and ideas.
Couldnt even say that.

The PT is horrible is every sense. Even the lightsaber battles feel like theres nothing other than "oh look pretty" going on in them.

TFA was at least fun, if not a copy of ANH and despite some not great things in TLJ it still felt Star Wars.
I dont see how the PT with all its politics and battles that had no feeling in them came anywhere near it.
Only the ROTS came close.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The prequels have lightsaber fights were the winner wasn’t someone who touched a lightsaber for the first time so they’re better by default.

Last edited:
Attack of the Clones in particular is TERRIBLE - but it still felt like a star wars movie. Neither of the new ones are star wars movies; just a facsimile and then a frankenstein's monster of themes and ideas.

I agree with this.

The spirit was still there. The presentation was still there.

Not much else was, but it was like watching Port in 2012 vs Port in 2018.

I'd take the 5 win season over the 12 win season, because it felt better. The football and results in 2018 just left me numb even though statistically were much improved. 2018 got to a point about halfway through where not once did I feel any hope and enthusiasm about the next game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back