Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Just wondering Mero is it possible for you to mock up the inverse clash?
This one?
Geelong-Clash-2019.gif

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Compared to the actual one below.

Collar is wrong, the gold stripe on the outside doesn't meet the collar.
No watermarks, which are clearly visible, especially in the Blue yoke.
Yoke is too high. Player issue finishes under the cuffs.
The Yoke being too high then means the Lion is also too high.

Seriously, you could get a better version in Bali.

639696.jpg

StevieJ83

Senior List
Apr 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Renault F1 Team
I noticed while flipping through my Time to Fly - the pictorial story of the Eagles’ 2018 AFL Premiership book that the neck stitching had come off some of the players’ guernseys. Poor quality.

After the Gala jumper saga we know these have been worn all season, and isn't a good look. I am certain with Puma we would have gotten a new set of Jumpers for the day.

639696.jpg
When majestic made their first guernseys, the afl logo and the vero logo were far too spaced apart. Now the Afl logo and the soow logo are far too close together...

Your kidding! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I was hoping we'd have a clash jumper like this (hopefully we actually wear it now - home and away to Sydney and Gold Coast). Photos are on Rebel's website

Been waiting 4 years for this to be done, hopefully only wear against the red teams (Syd GC & Bris Red Vic)

Do not follow North’s progression with this, It’s an away/clash jumper AND NOTHING ELSE!!!!!!

Just ordered off fangear with 20% off sale.

Here we are!
I'm online via a computer and here are my findings from a recent trip to an AFL store.

Polos:
pqdz6.jpg

This simply says 'Essendon Media Polo', I was sure we saw the little circles design on a previous polo, but it seems they wont.
A very simple design.
4s013q.jpg

What is unusual about this polo is everything is stitched apart from the arm piping and oddly, the Puma logo which is heat pressed on.
Also there is no tag, only the heat pressed information on the inside.
Why only heat press the Puma logo??
9kc5u1.jpg

Essendon's polo may be very simple, but the ISC design idea has made its way to the Collingwood 2018 media polo.
Marketed as a grey shirt too, so it's not the lighting.

Jumpers:
18m69g.jpg

While we are on the topic of Collingwood, here you can see on the infants jumper, on the jumper tag it has the CFC monogram, not the club logo.
Perhaps that will make it to the full sided jumpers (from memory it had) and may not appear on the back of the jumper.
2lcxjcw.jpg

Here we have the North Melbourne jumper, with anniversary logo watermarks.
20zpkxt.jpg

A new template cut for Puma?
14vqmwn.jpg

New Balance collar, and notice on the inside of the collar, it's rubber printed (heat pressed) "My Heart Beats True" wording, we usually see it sublimated.
24pks5c.jpg

The back of Melbourne's jumper.
No sponsor, no MCC logo.
nmeouu.jpg

Perhaps the oddest jumper I saw, the collar has the old pre-2010 wool material around it, yet the box with the 'G' is the same as the jumper.
I caught a look at the back, looks awful, but it was at the top so I couldn't get a good image.
nv6329.jpg

We all know the story here, just another picture.

Findings:
- No changes to the Richmond clash
- No sponsor on the Demons or Eagles
- Geelongs jumper is so, so bad
- The AFL Store is pretty rubbish

*In case this post is lost due to the system upgrade, I'll save it so let me know if it goes.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
4s013q.jpg

What is unusual about this polo is everything is stitched apart from the arm piping and oddly, the Puma logo which is heat pressed on.

I’d say these are not Richmond polos made by Puma, they’re Puma polos with Richmond logos embroidered on. There is a difference.

I’d say these are not Richmond polos made by Puma, they’re Puma polos with Richmond logos embroidered on. There is a difference.
That just seems a bit lazy, if true

You're not wrong.......... :think:
Hello, I would like to buy a football jumper from your official football jumper store

"We only have like 3 jumpers"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that the response you got? Or are you paraphrasing? And was it for Xmas?
Nah it just seems like the conversation you would have, given the lack of quality in there and array of utter s**t filling up good football jumper space

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Nah it just seems like the conversation you would have, given the lack of quality in there and array of utter s**t filling up good football jumper space
Ahh okay. Surprising that the Melbourne stores don't have the Melbourne clubs... But if they don't have any on the racks, definitely ask next time and they can get it from other stores :thumbsu:

Ahh okay. Surprising that the Melbourne stores don't have the Melbourne clubs... But if they don't have any on the racks, definitely ask next time and they can get it from other stores :thumbsu:
I was only browsing to post in this thread (I know right?) But I was surprised at the lack of quality

Mozzie_Squad

All Australian
Dec 13, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melb City, Storm, Stars

639696.jpg

Noticed the same thing with this years jumpers..

FFFAB3FE-F40B-4332-B88A-1F6582CB32A1-1253-000000BC22F3B664.jpg

346D82EC-9713-461E-B37B-5DAE6A5DA46B-1253-000000BBFED51BF5.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams

Weak, four days to post pics because you're pussy whipped

And yes this is coming from the guy who's wife called the cops on him for being out late at a club function

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
4s013q.jpg

I just had another look at this one in store. The arm designs are kind of like they're screen printed. And the Puma logo last year was heat pressed last year too (either on the polo or the hoodie with the same design). I also have Dortmund stuff with the same heatpressed logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back