Things you don't see often

Remove this Banner Ad

Every Summer I'd get in trouble for mowing a "pitch" into the backyard. You'd think they'd learn.

Got a mate who was a physical training instructor. Reckoned the drop off in basic hand/eye ball skills amongst late teens was significant in the '00s compared with previous decades. He doesn't do it anymore though

Every Summer I'd get in trouble for mowing a "pitch" into the backyard. You'd think they'd learn.

Got a mate who was a physical training instructor. Reckoned the drop off in basic hand/eye ball skills amongst late teens was significant in the '00s compared with previous decades. He doesn't do it anymore though
Those "late teens" from the noughties are now the Australian top six.

Not sure if right thread for this observation or not, but...

My brother pointed something out yesterday when driving around, and it was so true.

This year, we seen next to no kids out playing in the street. Three, and that's the poor house up the street from us with nearly a dozen kids.

I think shitty technology and culture has finally done it. After the scares and false dawns of the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 00s, it has finally happened. Children aren't going outside.

Am I shouty old man here?

Parents don’t let them go out without supervision and yet want to stay inside all day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

been a basic bitch drink of choice for the past year or so

Been called many things, but that's probably a first. :)

It's popular at the SACA too isn't it?

First came across it back in my school days, where it was mentioned in whatever dreary tome we were currently trudging through. Was described as a "leg opener". Worthy of memory in a Catholic school.

Have hipsters in Oz starting smoking pipes yet? It's something I havent seen in Australia for decades but will see an old gent sucking from one occasionally here.
Cant say Ive seen it as yet. Possibly due to the hipsters being aware of the flammable qualities of wax they tend to drown their Conan-Doyle-esque mo's in catching alight from a stray ember.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back