2019 membership updates

As of Boxing Day.

3228DDF7-D7E8-4672-8BA9-45B7EF77764E.jpeg

Adelaide's includes digital memberships aka not real ones. Another tight battle between us and West Coast for second spot.
Second spot?

There's no ladder.

Adelaide's includes digital memberships aka not real ones. Another tight battle between us and West Coast for second spot.
Are you sure that ours doesn't also? I'm an international member (i.e. digital only) and I had assumed mine is included in our total.

Are you sure that ours doesn't also? I'm an international member (i.e. digital only) and I had assumed mine is included in our total.
The crows include mailing list members who haven't paid money and don't get any member rights or a pack
AFL always removes them from the final audit but the crows spend all year counting them when they promote their numbers

Aug 13, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks.
The crows include mailing list members who haven't paid money and don't get any member rights or a pack
AFL always removes them from the final audit but the crows spend all year counting them when they promote their numbers

Just another example of the AFL condoning an uneven playing ground. All clubs should follow the same guidelines.

Just another example of the AFL condoning an uneven playing ground. All clubs should follow the same guidelines.
Clubs also report financials differently

I mean Saints reported a $10mil profit because the got money off the AFL and government for redeveloping Moorabbin.

But I don't really see how it's condoning an uneven playing field, just examples of how little governance matters

Aug 13, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks.
Clubs also report financials differently

I mean Saints reported a $10mil profit because the got money off the AFL and government for redeveloping Moorabbin.

But I don't really see how it's condoning an uneven playing field, just examples of how little governance matters

Actually a poor choice of words by me, but it asn't even 6.00A.M. yet, so forgive me.:)

yep, this is occasionally used on the Bay13 to sign up Port Power supporters.

No shits there no ladder it's not a competition but you do understand how rankings work right?
What rankings are you talking about?

We get a bunch of people who pay as members, and we score the revenue.
There’s no special bonus for haivng more members than another particular club.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There’s no special bonus for haivng more members than another particular club.
Did I mention or imply that it did? Have I ever carried on about membership numbers as if they were some form of competition?

You posted number and I simply made an off the cuff remark about how close our and West Coast numbers have been for the last few years, here's a hot tip for you if you're going to get so easily offended about someone comparing membership numbers of other teams don't post them, after all it's irrelevant information right?

Did I mention or imply that it did? Have I ever carried on about membership numbers as if they were some form of competition?

You posted number and I simply made an off the cuff remark about how close our and West Coast numbers have been for the last few years, here's a hot tip for you if you're going to get so easily offended about someone comparing membership numbers of other teams don't post them, after all it's irrelevant information right?
I’m not offended.

You said we were in a tight battle for second spot. There are no spots.

Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Saints
Comparing this to the supplements scandal.

Amazing

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Good corporate governance means you keep good records, AND secure them. Pretty simple for people with the skills, and desire to do it properly.
FWIW, I was managing a customer database with more than 1,000,000 names in it ( quite small really ). I know if this had happened on my watch i would have been fired. That’s how much my company values governance. ( my company is a very well known brand btw )

DannyJ

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Good corporate governance means you keep good records, AND secure them. Pretty simple for people with the skills, and desire to do it properly.
FWIW, I was managing a customer database with more than 1,000,000 names in it ( quite small really ). I know if this had happened on my watch i would have been fired. That’s how much my company values governance. ( my company is a very well known brand btw )
Haha fair enough. I agree it was sloppy, and not ideal.

I'm just not shattered about it that's all.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back