Darren Cahill

Sounds like he will only be on the board for the one year?
Its a 3 year appointment, so one would hope both he and Koch had 3 full years in mind.

Its a 3 year appointment, so one would hope both he and Koch had 3 full years in mind.
I don’t mind three years of Darren, provided minimum one other appointed director is swapped out for a China expert ... but three more years of Koch? No thanks.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don’t mind three years of Darren, provided minimum one other appointed director is swapped out for a China expert ... but three more years of Koch? No thanks.

I like the idea of Darren Cahill as a director, but I now have some concerns after reading he was asked to join the board by `President Moi.'

Maybe it's the name Koch, either that, or I am becoming a paranoid old campaigner. ;)

Harlott

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I believe President Moi has the club's best interests at heart. He just needs someone very influential to tell him he needs to pull his head in if the general gist of what is written here is to be believed.
*unpopular opinion thread*

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
I believe President Moi has the club's best interests at heart. He just needs someone very influential to tell him he needs to pull his head in if the general gist of what is written here is to be believed.
*unpopular opinion thread*
He doesn't want to fail. However, he can be wrong on how to succeed.

PropertySteward

Senior List
Mar 13, 2015
Proudly Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

DC's experience is wasted on the Board. Get him amongst the players. His father was a great communicator, motivator and someone who could maximise the potential of even the most average footballer. Darren obviously has the same gift. He just might hold the magic ingredient we need.

DC's experience is wasted on the Board. Get him amongst the players. His father was a great communicator, motivator and someone who could maximise the potential of even the most average footballer. Darren obviously has the same gift. He just might hold the magic ingredient we need.
I get the impression that Koch wanted him because a) he will be somewhat compliant and a dont rock the boat type board member but also b) use his coaching expertise in some manner within the footy department.

Normally I wouldnt want a board member to hang around the players and coaches for any real length of time, but this would be an exception to the rule. The other thing is that Koch might find out that Darren isn't a compliant don' rock the boat type board member. I reckon Darren will speak up when he sees things he doesn't like.

PropertySteward

Senior List
Mar 13, 2015
Proudly Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I get the impression that Koch wanted him because a) he will be somewhat compliant and a dont rock the boat type board member but also b) use his coaching expertise in some manner within the footy department.

and c) Koch just wants to meet Andre Agassi.

DK would be such a fanboy. Maybe he could take him on the ground during NTUA. ;)

Koch needs a minder. However he doesn't want to be minded. Too sure of himself.

I'd like to see him move on at the end of this year, but as we all know. They'll be here for 2020 at the bare minimum.

Basically This. Immensely stale at the top.

At least in tech it’s not uncommon to see leadership teams that navigate a company through serious downturns be unable to switch themselves back into growth mindsets when the time is right.

I’m no leadership dude, so take this with a grain of salt but from the outside it’s as though they get a collective trauma from the experience of escaping survival mode and they don’t want to risk that new found sense of relief, or maybe it’s that some groups are just fundamentally competent but conservative pragmatists, in the case of our current mob with a that little added dash of dickhead - not to be confused with genuine insight or entrepreneurial ambition.

Horses for courses, and the track is drying out ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jojay

PISS BLASTERS "RS"
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Killer probably wont be devoting as much time to board issues next year and might be doing more Skype call in board meetings.

We can't begrudge a bloke for making a living... but I hope as hell he stays actively involved at board level.

The word around the place was that killer was one of the few on the board who cast huge doubts about continuing with kern.

Back