Senior Max King

Remove this Banner Ad

did we get him from the hawks?

They had a player in the ressies that used to kick bags but couldn't get a game because of Moncreiff, whom we ironically traded in and he did a knee from memory.
That rings a bell VDS66....did Mark Scott come to us as part of the Tony King/Russell Greene swap?

The Hurley Burley Lindsay Fox days.

That rings a bell VDS66....did Mark Scott come to us as part of the Tony King/Russell Greene swap?

The Hurley Burley Lindsay Fox days.
Scott kicked a few big bags from memory. He didn’t kick on for some reason but was a good mark and great kick on his day. King was ok for a couple of seasons. Of course Greene went on to elite status...

View attachment 597667

The force is strong with this one.

I love this photo!

He still remembers what it was like to be a kid meeting his idols. He gets down on the knee to truly engage with the junior fans. No ego, just genuine engagement. Little gestures like this say so much about the character of the man.

I love the young fella already!

Even if Max busts (or relatively busts) the publicity and positivity push that has come with giving a lifelong St Kilda fan a berth at his favourite club, and in the number 12, no less, should be considered as a genuine positive outcome. If he turns out to be as prolific as some are claiming or, at least, close to it, then that’ll just be a bonus on top.

Even if Max busts (or relatively busts) the publicity and positivity push that has come with giving a lifelong St Kilda fan a berth at his favourite club, and in the number 12, no less, should be considered as a genuine positive outcome. If he turns out to be as prolific as some are claiming or, at least, close to it, then that’ll just be a bonus on top.

I see it the other way round.
In the first instance he’s gotta be a star ( we absolutely cannot afford a bust or even an ordinary player here) and the St. Kilda fan thing and the #12, they are the cherry on the top to complete a fairytale story.

I see it the other way round.
In the first instance he’s gotta be a star ( we absolutely cannot afford a bust or even an ordinary player here) and the St. Kilda fan thing and the #12, they are the cherry on the top to complete a fairytale story.

Yeah, Paddy is the bet bloke at the club as far as engaging with fans and being an awesome person. If we get two great guys that can't really translate that into on field awesomeness the fans will los their s**t pretty quickly. He has to be another Kosi at least or I don't think the recruiters can keep their jobs. He's high risk high reward, if his body holds up and he's a gun it's genius but the reverse is it was a reckless waste of a pick that should net a gun in a super draft. It will be worse if Bailey Smith or Rozee are guns and he doesn't come on.

I just pray we get a bit of luck and have grabbed our next superstar player.

Yeah, Paddy is the bet bloke at the club as far as engaging with fans and being an awesome person. If we get two great guys that can't really translate that into on field awesomeness the fans will los their s**t pretty quickly. He has to be another Kosi at least or I don't think the recruiters can keep their jobs. He's high risk high reward, if his body holds up and he's a gun it's genius but the reverse is it was a reckless waste of a pick that should net a gun in a super draft. It will be worse if Bailey Smith or Rozee are guns and he doesn't come on.

I just pray we get a bit of luck and have grabbed our next superstar player.
As much as I loved Kosi
I'm hoping big Max will have slightly better awareness. And can get on the
Park a little more! And it would be nice if he can play more than
Three Brownlow polling performances in a row!

I'm expecting/demanding that he is the equal of Tony Lockett's/Nick Riewoldt!
No pressure son!

From everything we’ve read and seen he should be at least an A grader. We have to pray that he is not injury prone because I really believe that that is what has derailed Paddy’s career thus far more than the diabetes.

As much as I loved Kosi

No pressure son!
You would think , even our midfielders couldn't spray the ball past those long arms of the King. That helps.
I know its terrible , but when Polak walked into the tram , I briefly wondered whether he was related to Kosi.

Last edited:
As much as I loved Kosi

No pressure son!
Setting a low bar there MM :rolleyes:

I just hope he leads with his bucket hands on those long arms and not his Malaka head like someone else we know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of debate within the club at the moment regarding the ongoing management of his knee. Two schools of thought going head to head at the moment.

Tell us more Mitso.

Tell us more Mitso.

Very much old school vs new school at play within the fitness/medical dept.

One party wants him to bulk up and gain as much muscle mass as possible to strengthen his body (very much the old way of thinking).

The other party want him to stay lean and ease up on the weights program in order to reduce the load/tension from his already large frame that’s being placed on his knee (ala John Patton/NicNat).

Very much old school vs new school at play within the fitness/medical dept.

One party wants him to bulk up and gain as much muscle mass as possible to strengthen his body (very much the old way of thinking).

The other party want him to stay lean and ease up on the weights program in order to reduce the load/tension from his already large frame being placed on his knee (ala John Patton/NicNat).
I think we have enough key talls for 2019 without him playing AFL. Build up slow and let him ease into it properly. FWIW, I'm with the new school in slowing down on the mass build. His strength is agility, speed and jumping. Extra muscle mass doesn't help any of those much imo.

Last edited:
Lots of debate within the club at the moment regarding the ongoing management of his knee. Two schools of thought going head to head at the moment.

Who gets the casting vote though?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back