Prediction Who will finish higher - Melbourne, Essendon, Adelaide or Hawthorn

Who finishes higher in 2019?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have said “ maybe you should change your name AGAIN “ because there is an allegation he was known under another non de plume.
So that shouldn’t be a problem administratively speaking.
I’ve heard rumours of some kind of username based curse.

Apparently 36P0 has been delisted from the next Star Wars movie.

The thing about Shiel (and yes, I'll once again highlight that I wanted him at Hawthorn, and that Hawthorn wanted him at Hawthorn) is that he looks a lot better than he is.

The dude looks like an absolute weapon. He looks really really good - strong build, really quick. Burst out of packs and looks a million bucks - and now he's being paid a million bucks.

But he was behind Ward, Kelly, Cognilio in that midfield at GWS.

Like Tom Mitchell and Josh Kennedy before him, I think he'll rise with added responsibility - but I don't think he will be the saviour of their middle-of-the-road midfield. he'll improve it, no doubt, but don't think he is good enough to launch them into top 4 contention.
I dont think he's exactly like the others. He really is quick in legspeed and in reflexes. He does the inside grunt work well but people tend to remember the flashy things. I dont agree he was necessarily behind Ward, Cogniglio and Kelly. You could make a case though. Ward has probably been our MVP over the last 7 years.

That misconception stems from his 2015 breakout year I think. In a developing team he was licenced to shake and bake the man on the mark and weave through traffic in the corridor orgainising the orange tsunami. To me that gameplan is very risky and unsustainable sadly.

As we became more serious about contending you see a lot less of that from 2016.

The Bombers likewise were a real run and gun side the last couple of years. I think they'll also become more staid and defensive to win consistently.

If he lines up I’ll have to drop the percentages down to about 37% of the starting 22 who play for Hawthorn in 2019 will be 30 plus.
That’s a bit easier to digest l suppose.
but McEvoy will still be 29 in R1 - so maybe you need to adjust it yet again?

Pretty valid point about how much you rely on him and JOM though. One goes down, the other cops a knock and well you saw what happened.

If I was a Hawthorn supporter I would be concerned about how much reliance there is on those two.
And now we have Scully, Wingard and Worpedo to help out now, along with the likes of Shiels, Smith, Howe etc. Starting to get a deeper midfield that is better than most in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did someone mention Worpedo to a Bombers poster. Watch it - could be trigger time

How is it triggering? The ball bounced his way after losing front position. Oh well things happen, onwards and upwards.

Wouldn't have changed the result, Melbourne were plodding along and still kept Hawthorn at arms length and pushed Hawthorn back when they tried to get close.
Agree with this. In preliminary final week there was a bit of criticism about how Melbourne played v the hawks. But we still won comfortably in the end.

Back