Rolling EPL Team of the Season 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Son quickly rocketing into calculations. I’d have Kane over Auba purely for his setup play that can setup the guy that then gets the assist (if that makes sense)

Alisson
Robertson, Van Dijk, Laporte, WanBissaka Sterling, Hazard, Torriera, Salah
Kane, Aubameyang

playing in a 4-4-2 diamond formation

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Van Dijk currently favourite for the PotY award. Would be the first defender since Nicol in 1989 to win it. Shows what a dominant season he's having, it obviously takes a lot more for defenders to receive these types of plaudits and accolades than attackers.

Van Dijk currently favourite for the PotY award. Would be the first defender since Nicol in 1989 to win it. Shows what a dominant season he's having, it obviously takes a lot more for defenders to receive these types of plaudits and accolades than attackers.
Didn't Kompany or Terry win one?

Son has had a great season. Will be missed when he goes to the cup.
Son has only come on since around November. He was struggling for form initially when he came back from the Asian games or whatever the competition it was. Ridiculous he’s got to play in another one in the same season, but he’s been given permission to sit out the group stages so he doesn’t leave until mid-jan

Interested where people would have Fabianski, Rice and Anderson so far.
I put Anderson in the same bracket as Glenn Murray and Danny Ings where all 3 have been very impressive but there are a half dozen players ahead of them in their positions.

I rate Fabianski but he won't be close due to the lack of cleansheets. He probably needs to be in the right system to get more recognition like Nick Pope for Burnley last season.

For a simple 4-4-2 this is what I’d go with. I would probably play with one up top though so would have Salah just behind ABE. Outside of Robbo and VVD, it’s pretty hard filling those other two defensive spots.

Alisson

Walker, Alderweirald, VVD, Robertson

Sterling, Fernandinho, Hazard, D Silva

Salah, ABE

Hon mentions:
De Gaey
Eriksen
Shakiri
Anderson
Kane

I put Anderson in the same bracket as Glenn Murray and Danny Ings where all 3 have been very impressive but there are a half dozen players ahead of them in their positions.

I rate Fabianski but he won't be close due to the lack of cleansheets. He probably needs to be in the right system to get more recognition like Nick Pope for Burnley last season.
I'd have Anderson above those 2 but I'm biased. Started out average, but over the past 10 games his record have been fairly elite. Ings I don't think has been that great and Murray gives you goals but not much else. Anderson I think could end up with 15 goals at the end of the season at least.

Fabianski I think has done really well considering the high line we play and I think he's right up the top for saves also. Best keeper we've had in a long time.

I'd have Anderson above those 2 but I'm biased. Started out average, but over the past 10 games his record have been fairly elite. Ings I don't think has been that great and Murray gives you goals but not much else. Anderson I think could end up with 15 goals at the end of the season at least.

Fabianski I think has done really well considering the high line we play and I think he's right up the top for saves also. Best keeper we've had in a long time.
Yep Fabianski is 2nd in the league behind Joe Hart for saves. I can't find save % stats though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zero City players? Controversial!
Sterling very stiff. Front four too good to ignore, though same can be said about Sterling.

I could play him instead of Eriksen but he's not a CM. Could drop Torreira for Fernandinho. Laporte was the other option, instead of Rudiger.

Anyway, bench would be

Ederson
Son
Sterling
Fraser
Laporte
Fernandinho
Kante

You obviously didn’t because then you would realise the ‘assist column’ is irrelevant to the point I was making
His cross field passes and passes that slice through a defensive line are brilliant.
Can tell he spent his youth career as a 10. For a CF he's brilliant at distributing the ball to others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back