Other The Off-Topic Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a few good things about all that...

1. You see many greats of the game from the distant past, in full games, or close to it, so you can assess things like great QBs of the past and realize how much better a lot of them were compared to the big names today (eg, Sammy Baugh, Johnny Unitas both :heart: )
2. You see many household names from today, and decades past, NFL coaches, when they were young'uns playing
3. You see how violent and more violent the games were as you go back decade by decade
4. You see really cool old formations seldom seen now
5. You realize how the game hasn't changed either -- all those fancy plays/formations from today were in use back then -- like fake pass to the right, screen to the left, and all those types of things
6. Especially when the frame rate is realistic (same speed as today's videos), you see how the game hasn't changed much, or how fast/strong players of the past were in comparison to today (not much difference at all)
7. Many of the games I have are very famous or noteworthy games from history
8. You see the old "lack of rules" back then, how much better and more transparent the games were in terms of officiating and less BS calls of rigging
9. You see old stadiums that are now long gone

etc etc

GG.exe what's the quality like from your 1997 AFC Championship Broncos @ Steelers?
480 x 360
many of the old games I have are VHS quality (obvious reasons)
to me tho, the quality is excellent given that
certainly watchable
obviously pixelated
tho one early 70s game i have got digitally remastered or something (only the second half), a dolphins-cowboys game, and it's WOW the quality, makes it much easier to compare to today's games.

another great thing btw about all those videos....

a lot of them are full games, including all the commercials of the day and age, cigarette ads, car ads, etc...also how women were still treated back then -- exist just to look pretty for men type of thing

also pre-game, half-time, and post-game, with long gone commentators, and interviews with players/coaches long gone.

also how much OJ Simpson was constantly on the TV (in ads, etc), a huge American idol thru the 70s/80s emphasizing how much of a shock it was when the news broke of him fleeing in his Ford Bronco.

Yeah I've got hundreds of games on a USB

Every Denver game since 2011
every super bowl ever
probably like 50+ playoff games
several other classic games
I'm missing a number of SBs.
A way I can grab some off you?
Probably some way like FTP file sharing or something. I'd have to read up on how to that tho.

OK

I have
39 Super Bowl's
69 playoff games
every Denver game 2011-2018 (missing 7 games from 2011)
400+ other (not Denver) regular season games
Is there a way you can copy-paste just the list of games you have?
So I can compare what I'm missing.
Particularly interested in the 69 playoff games and 400+ non-Broncos games.
And of course, the SBs you have in 16, 19, 33, 46

Remove this Banner Ad

Back