Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw Harry Taylor in Westfield Geelong with his kids on the same day we played Fremantle in Round 20, 2014. I craned my neck around behind me, saw it was him, and then because I was wearing Geelong merch I sped up and walked away so it didn't look like I was following him

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Chris Langford was a guest at a wedding I was some years ago. A storm set in and he proved very adept at letting down the awnings out on the deck so the other guests didn't get drenched. I asked myself at the time if his years as a four-time premiership defender at Hawthorn had somehow lent him the skills to undertake this task with such a confident physicality.
it was his extensive experience in having hangers taken on top of his head.....thus shielding him from the rain obviously
R190717MW0051_Wiz-LD.jpg

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I went to my mates 18th because he was turning 18. He was good mates with Dal Santo.

Dal Santo just got drafted. He turned up to the party. He saw me and said my name out loudly and walked off. We were tight like that. I went back to drinking my Woodstock can and then left two hours later

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Masher

Cancelled
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Went to Coles and saw they had free food tasting and Stuart Dew kept getting back in the line after getting his freebie. Watched him for about 15 minutes until the food ran out and he was very unhappy

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Went to Coles and saw they had free food tasting and Stuart Dew kept getting back in the line after getting his freebie. Watched him for about 15 minutes until the food ran out and he was very unhappy
surprised you didn't throw in...he then bought a trolley full of Mountain Dew...

then walked into the herbs and spices aisle...and there's the Wizz....putting his hands on the shoulders of a young shop assistant, lifting himself up......he noticed you looking at him weirdly so he nonchalantly says...I'm looking for.....CCCCCCCCCCAPERS !!!

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Harrison Macreadie back in the bush watching his old club play
against my team earlier this year. Was wearing compression on his knee. I played OK that day. Don't think he noticed. Not sure he would have cared. They beat us.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Stood behind Ross Lyon waiting in line to use the ATM near my bus stop after finishing tafe in freo. In fact I walked by several freo players during my time going to tafe there in 2012. Mzungu once tapped me on the shoulder to ask if I had been served whilst I was waiting for some Japanese take away lunch.
Had you been served yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Harry Taylor in Westfield Geelong with his kids on the same day we played Fremantle in Round 20, 2014. I craned my neck around behind me, saw it was him, and then because I was wearing Geelong merch I sped up and walked away so it didn't look like I was following him

Iflew back with the whole team from perth.

Yeah that was a great flight :)

Also saw alot of essendon players atwindy hill gym when i trained there incl swimming laps next to Matthew lloyd. No he didnt dive into the pool.

Disappointed

Singing along to cameron ling youre the voice front row at lambys, dancing next to Jnr and Shannon Byrnes same night.

Sounds far too interesting for this thread!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

rank and file

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2013
michael mitchell country
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
bell park
In September 1992 I was waiting to pick up my luggage at Perth airport.Mick Malthouse came and stood next to me.
I said "Excuse me Mick,how come Francis Bourke tackled you 30 times at the last training session before the 82 granny?"
He laughed,shook his head and said
"Dunno mate,dunno."
I said "Good luck for the rest of the finals."
"Thanks" he said and grabbed his luggage and walked away.
I never saw him again.

In September 1992 I was waiting to pick up my luggage at Perth airport.Mick Malthouse came and stood next to me.
I said "Excuse me Mick,how come Francis Bourke tackled you 30 times at the last training session before the 82 granny?"
He laughed,shook his head and said
"Dunno mate,dunno."
I said "Good luck for the rest of the finals."
"Thanks" he said and grabbed his luggage and walked away.
I never saw him again.

Given it was September 1992 thanks for the well wishes :)

jimsim

Senior List
Jun 14, 2015
At the G
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Saw Toby Nankervis while working at the Renegades game yesterday, he asked me where the free water give-aways were, i pointed to my right and told him where they were. He replied politely and proceeded to get free water. Tight bum

Back