Geelong 2007 vs Hawthorn 2014 - who would win?

Who would win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol that whole Geelong side were X factor. Same with Brisbane and St Kilda. Hawthorn honestly had no X factor imo during their premiership years. However they were solid, well drilled and incredibly reliable under pressure.

St Kilda had x factor..... haha.... you went to far in your lies.

Lol that whole Geelong side were X factor. Same with Brisbane and St Kilda. Hawthorn honestly had no X factor imo during their premiership years. However they were solid, well drilled and incredibly reliable under pressure.
Couldnt agree more that Lance Franklin bloke is a pretty boring footballer, decently reliable though.

Oh so we've went from zero to at least one. You sure you don't want review opinion?

I don't consider him a Hawthorn player he's a Sydney player. The only player you can name wasn't there during Hawthorns 3peat or in 2014

Geelong 2007 in a canter

What the 2007 cats don't have, I think, is the quality of some of our 2014 players; they don't have the psychological drive we have. We've beaten Geelong when it matters and I think we would if 2014 Hawks played 2007 Cats.

(The cats found some 'psychological drive' a year or 2 later thanks to the hawks though! You're welcome...)

These "who would win" threads are the greatest waste of oxygen I can contemplate.

May as well be in primary school having a knock-down blue about whether Spiderman could beat a croco-leopard.

Shame on you all.
Yeah....but seriously, how could you go passed Spidey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The All Australian count being mentioned is quite funny. Massively biased and skewed.

2007, let's remember Cameron Mooney got AA over Franklin.

Do yourselves a favour and go see who actually deserved it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cat fans clinging desperately to marginal statistics like 'winning percentage', 'years without a spoon' and 'number of top two finishes'. It's really quite hilarious.
It's quite amusing reading though

It's quite amusing reading though

Stick to the topic champ....When comparing Geelong 2007 to Hawthorn 2014, all metrics ( AA's for eg ) can be used in them particular years to give an opinion on "who would win"..... I think our 2007 team would, but it would be a great match!

The All Australian count being mentioned is quite funny. Massively biased and skewed.

Mooney: 67 goals, 195 marks, 24 GA, 330 disposals, 48 Contested marks, 69 I50's, 60 clangers

Franklin: 73 goals, 123 marks, 12 GA, 293 disposals, 28 Contested marks, 42 I50's, 91 clangers

Cameron Mooney

What is it with hawthorn supporters always whinging about individual awards? Brownlows, AAs, rising star, it’s endless. The reason your club is good is due to the team first factor.

Honestly, your forward 50 was probably in the bottom 2 of all flag winners since 2000. Stokes? Nathan Ablett? Mooney?

Johnson kicked 515 career goals and booted 50 goals in 2007.
Cam Mooney kicked over 210 goals from 2007-2011 and booted 67 goals in 2007.
We then had Paul Chapman who could shift from midfielder to small forward and always hurt Hawthorn.

Guys like Stokes, Varcoe, Nablett were merely icing on the cake.

To suggest our forward fifty was bottom 2 all time since 2000 is ludicrous and speaks more about your lack of footy than anything else because sure, I get it' Cam Mooney was never a superstar but he did just as good of a job as what Gunston has done during their 3-peat.
And we also found replacements in Podsiadly then Hawkins during/after Mooney's retirement.

Today's Geelong side, now that is quite possibly bottom 6 of the entire competition when it comes to forward line potency.

Stupid logic. 2007 Hawthorn beat 2007 Geelong god in what round 4 before Geelong went off? We were the only side to beat them after round 5. Lets just ignore the logic that you lost to North in the final who Geelong beat by 100 plus points the week before.
I remember north coach junkyard dog declaring Geelong unstoppable one time

candles will be lit according to the matches won and lost between the two powerful clubs and it won't be
receiving a very good response according to those who know the limits of both clubs...

No I know it is not very imaginative and neither is it pattering on the steps of the MCG that these decisions are made...

so now I have only to say that it is very interesting and numerical that both clubs are working towards success....

so now I say this.. you know nothing...

Mooney: 67 goals, 195 marks, 24 GA, 330 disposals, 48 Contested marks, 69 I50's, 60 clangers

Franklin: 73 goals, 123 marks, 12 GA, 293 disposals, 28 Contested marks, 42 I50's, 91 clangers

Cameron Mooney

Lance Franklin:

Games Played: 20
Kicks: 9.20
Handballs: 4.20
Disp: 13.45
Goals: 3.10
Behinds: 2.85
Marks: 5.60
Tackles: 2.30
I50: 1.90
GA: 0.55

Cameron Mooney:

Games Played: 22
Kicks: 9.68
Handballs: 3.63
Disp: 13.32
Goals: 2.50
Behinds: 1.55
Marks: 7.59
Tackles: 1.00
I50: 2.81
GA: 0.95

Pretty close, but Buddy kicked more goals for similar possessions. He also didn't have 8 All Australians delivering him the ball in 2007. Was a very good Geelong side to in for an average key forward.

What is it with hawthorn supporters always whinging about individual awards? Brownlows, AAs, rising star, it’s endless. The reason your club is good is due to the team first factor.

Never whinge about Brownlows. They are a midfielders award and I believe many great players who don't play those roles all get shafted in that award. That's why it is the most overrated accolade.

Rising Star - I assume you refer to Burton/McGrath. Burton clearly had a better season, I don't really care about this award but I believe it was AFL driven to give it to the guy who was in his first year. Which I agree with to some extent, but I think the rules should be changed accordingly so there isn't this scenario again. Burton the better year, but McGrath had a great year for his first in the system.

AA's - Luke Hodge is only a 3 time AA. Shaun Burgoyne never an AA at Hawthorn. That should explain the comments from Hawthorn, now I don't really care about AA selections all that much, but when you've got naive people using them to support their opinions, that's where the frustration comes.

You are right though, the team mantra has been a huge part of why we have been the greatest team in the modern era. And it has affected some selections. I guess the hope would be the AA panel had a bit more credibility about them. e.g Not overlook a player like Burgoyne because he plays multiple roles according to what the team needs on the day. If he played back pocket as much as Enright the man would be a multiple AA player to for example.

Never whinge about Brownlows. They are a midfielders award and I believe many great players who don't play those roles all get shafted in that award. That's why it is the most overrated accolade.

Rising Star - I assume you refer to Burton/McGrath. Burton clearly had a better season, I don't really care about this award but I believe it was AFL driven to give it to the guy who was in his first year. Which I agree with to some extent, but I think the rules should be changed accordingly so there isn't this scenario again. Burton the better year, but McGrath had a great year for his first in the system.

AA's - Luke Hodge is only a 3 time AA. Shaun Burgoyne never an AA at Hawthorn. That should explain the comments from Hawthorn, now I don't really care about AA selections all that much, but when you've got naive people using them to support their opinions, that's where the frustration comes.

You are right though, the team mantra has been a huge part of why we have been the greatest team in the modern era. And it has affected some selections. I guess the hope would be the AA panel had a bit more credibility about them. e.g Not overlook a player like Burgoyne because he plays multiple roles according to what the team needs on the day. If he played back pocket as much as Enright the man would be a multiple AA player to for example.
Thanks for proving my point. Your still whinging about subjective awards for players who have been moved on from your club.

Back