Traded Ryan Burton [traded with #15, #35 and future 4th for Wingard and future 3rd]

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Odd to have a trade where both sets of supporters are unhappy with what they paid. Personally I think we overpaid but if we get a flag it's justified. At the time we definitely overpaid for Burgoyne but looking back we won the trade easily
A flag!

Ha ha

A flag!

Ha ha
I mean I'd like a flag, who wouldn't. It's been too long

Here he is, the joker that claimed Wingerz was up there with the best talent Clarko had ever seen, then excruciatingly back-pedalled.
Clarko is a big fan, we aren't turning this thread into another Hawks v Bombers thread either

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Duursma, Burton and Tom Berry was the actual cost. I'd rather Wingard even though I still really rate Burton. Best of all, we don't need to wait 4-5 years for these guys to come on. Not to mention we got a nice little upgrade in the 2019 draft as part of the deal. If we kept our pick 35 (which went out to 36 on draft night) we'd probably still have taken Kosi which we took at 52.
And at the same Time you probably Love worpel

And at the same Time you probably Love worpel
We were lucky the kid has developed so quickly at AFL level, and inexplicably slid to our first pick. But generally a kid taken at pick 45 in the draft is typically at best a role/fringe player and more often than not a bust.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
We were lucky the kid has developed so quickly at AFL level, and inexplicably slid to our first pick. But generally a kid taken at pick 45 in the draft is typically at best a role/fringe player and more often than not a bust.
There are a few that do well #53 jack Graham etc
every draft there is a few

There are a few that do well #53 jack Graham etc
every draft there is a few

Or maybe they've just traded in Wingard for the next Richard Tambling and Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls? Who knows.

Draft picks are unknowns. All we know at this stage is that Wingard to date is miles ahead of Burton. Maybe Burton develops out of sight, or maybe Xavier Duursma turns out to be a good enough player to make up the difference, but I'm not holding my breath.

You probably never heard of Dustin martin or Nat Fyfe as well until they won the Brownlow, Might explain why you would think Wingard is a bargain at any cost
Bloody hell mate, you’ve rattled off a bunch of kids names that have done nothing. They could all be busts for all you know.

In doing so you’ve then said you’d rather them over an AA star forward.

I can only hope you are part of the Richmond list management team.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Bloody hell mate, you’ve rattled off a bunch of kids names that have done nothing. They could all be busts for all you know.

In doing so you’ve then said you’d rather them over an AA star forward.

I can only hope you are part of the Richmond list management team.
Mate seriously, You are either blind or avoiding the reality of afl football
You mention rattling off a bunch of names and and say kids that have done nothing yet ignore what these kids have done to get drafted at the top end of the draft. As i have mentioned a kid like Worpel or Graham had also done nothing prior to being drafted but in their 1st year at such a late pick have proven what they can do in their 1st years and their potentials are high.

Your very flippant about draft picks and what they represent but the fact remains that thats where you find the top end talent, But i am very happy to back my judgment against yours and the 3 players that i mentioned will be better value than Wingard who has been good but hardly a top 20 player in the league and no guarantee's he will be much better than what he produced. 2 x 1st round picks & 2nd round pick for an under performing Wingard imo is way overs

Mate seriously, You are either blind or avoiding the reality of afl football
You mention rattling off a bunch of names and and say kids that have done nothing yet ignore what these kids have done to get drafted at the top end of the draft. As i have mentioned a kid like Worpel or Graham had also done nothing prior to being drafted but in their 1st year at such a late pick have proven what they can do in their 1st years and their potentials are high.

Your very flippant about draft picks and what they represent but the fact remains that thats where you find the top end talent, But i am very happy to back my judgment against yours and the 3 players that i mentioned will be better value than Wingard who has been good but hardly a top 20 player in the league and no guarantee's he will be much better than what he produced. 2 x 1st round picks & 2nd round pick for an under performing Wingard imo is way overs
Refer to the last sentence in my previous post.

Wingard finished 6th in Ports B&F, in a supposedly poor year for him.

But you’d take an 18yr old that hasn’t done a thing over an AA Star forward becuase they were good juniors. Sheesh.

Richard Tambling ring any bells.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Refer to the last sentence in my previous post.

Wingard finished 6th in Ports B&F, in a supposedly poor year for him.

But you’d take an 18yr old that hasn’t done a thing over an AA Star forward becuase they were good juniors. Sheesh.

Richard Tambling ring any bells.
LOl Port finished 10th and you are making out like they had a great year and Wingard was a star Polec & Bryne-Jones finished #5 & 7 and that just tells you how great a year the port players had so there is nothing to hang your hat on mate.

Jack Higgins 1st year player picked up with pick #17 had just as good a year as wingard did averaging just 4 touches less but same goals and better DE playing foward . Im not even going to mention Kelly

Yeah we all remember players like tambling or Thorpe does that mean that you discard your 1st round picks

LOl Port finished 10th and you are making out like they had a great year and Wingard was a star Polec & Bryne-Jones finished #5 & 7 and that just tells you how great a year the port players had so there is nothing to hang your hat on mate.

Jack Higgins 1st year player picked up with pick #17 had just as good a year as wingard did averaging just 4 touches less but same goals and better DE playing foward . Im not even going to mention Kelly

Yeah we all remember players like tambling or Thorpe does that mean that you discard your 1st round picks
Jesus, 6th in a best and fairest when you’ve not had a great year is testament to how good that player is. That’s the point.

So.....Pick 17 had a good year, Pick 15 didn’t. They don’t all come out and play in the first year, some don’t even make it at all.
You really want to compare Higgins to Wingard?? LOL!

You’re carrying on about a bunch of picks that have proven nothing as already being preferable to a guy who has won an AA jumper and been a standout small forward ever since his first year.

Suggesting you’d have them over Wingard is idiotic.

Maybe wait until they play a senior game.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Jesus, 6th in a best and fairest when you’ve not had a great year is testament to how good that player is. That’s the point.

So.....Pick 17 had a good year, Pick 15 didn’t. They don’t all come out and play in the first year, some don’t even make it at all.
You really want to compare Higgins to Wingard?? LOL!

You’re carrying on about a bunch of picks that have proven nothing as already being preferable to a guy who has won an AA jumper and been a standout small forward ever since his first year.

Suggesting you’d have them over Wingard is idiotic.

Maybe wait until they play a senior game.

LOL so a difference of opinion to yours is idiotic !!

But let me just end with 1 last point

#14 - Tom Mitchell
#15 + #19 + #35 - Chad Wingard

enjoy your chad :thumbsu:

LOL so a difference of opinion to yours is idiotic !!

But let me just end with 1 last point

#14 - Tom Mitchell
#15 + #19 + #35 - Chad Wingard

enjoy your chad :thumbsu:
An idiotic opinion is an idiotic opinion.

And yes, we will immensely.

DannyJ

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Wingard is a genuine star and can do it all. To not give a top 10 pick in a deal is absolute robbery.

Still amazed they let him go. But as mentioned, if he were to leave as a FA probably a decent deal.

Seems like theyve backed Kenny over him though. Ouch

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So by your logic due to individual honours
Cotchin > gray
Edwards > Wines
I didn't think this thread was about Richmond, I must be lost.

TallyHawk

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2010
Bunbartha
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City FC
Wingard is a genuine star and can do it all. To not give a top 10 pick in a deal is absolute robbery.

Still amazed they let him go. But as mentioned, if he were to leave as a FA probably a decent deal.

Seems like theyve backed Kenny over him though. Ouch

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I reckon Burton is equivalent to a top 10 pick, smooth mover.

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
could be a win win win for all involved.
Port did they best they could in the trade, burton mayes and Durrsma (or how ever you spell it) isnt so bad. love the chad tho!!
Chad was stagnating at Port and we couldnt get his work ethics up. this might be the kick up the arse he needs. win for chad.
and hawks get a genuine superstar if they can turn him around. win

haws got the best end of the deal but i think port maximised the best they could. sad to see him go tho thats for sure!!

Back