How many chances does Finch get???

Remove this Banner Ad

Another specatuclar display of failure from Finch again tonight. Went as close as he ever has in costing us an entire match single-handedly. Chews a mean gum though. Would no doubt be stoked just to get a free KFC feed after the game.

The guys had more chances than a monopoly set.

The worst thing about his innings today. He got out running the ball to third man. At best that shot gets him a single. When we are chasing 10 runs an over a single is a failure. To get out playing a shot which is a failure even if it succeeds really frustrates me. Looking at the ball if he had swung at it classic lofted drive/slog style it could have easily been six.

He acquitted himself fairly well.

I'm still unconvinced that his technique can survive conditions with any real movement on offer, but he might well have earned himself a chance to find out.

Still looks vulnerable to the length/short of a length ball outside off stump that moves a bit. The bat goes at the ball but the feet don't move.

I think opening in the sub continent has been a good call. But on pace friendly wickets I'd like to see Finch bat 5-7th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably won't play in Sydney, his form just doesn't warrant selection. Has been a walking wicket the entire series, practically throwing away his wicket every chance he gets.

Averages 33 with a high of 62 in his 8 tests, currently averaging 16.2 this series with a high of 50. Has 4 innings of 11 or lower, with his others 25 and 50.

Last edited:
Can't think of one 'good' reason why he should play in Sydney. Has brought nothing to the side apart from exposing the top order to the new ball. Made 50 when India bowled poorly and has neither the technique nor the temperament for a test opener.

Can't think of one 'good' reason why he should play in Sydney. Has brought nothing to the side apart from exposing the top order to the new ball. Made 50 when India bowled poorly and has neither the technique nor the temperament for a test opener.

He is a right handed and every suggested replacement is a leftie, Jadeja and Ashwin will eat them alive in Sydney

I’d like to see him given 1 shot at no6, bring in a new opener. It’s unlike Australia to make major changes in the middle of a series and Mitch Marsh is no1 out the door surely?

He is a right handed and every suggested replacement is a leftie, Jadeja and Ashwin will eat them alive in Sydney

I’d like to see him given 1 shot at no6, bring in a new opener. It’s unlike Australia to make major changes in the middle of a series and Mitch Marsh is no1 out the door surely?
Finch has been eaten and shat out.

When Victoria was asked they said he wasn’t an opener. Justine langer says they know nothing,

Play him in the middle order instead of the other spud marsh

Joe Burns is left handed?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I’d put him in the middle order and see how he goes there. It’s not like we are overflowing with options as it is
Pretty much

The repeated experiment has failed with him opening. Not going to say turf him out since We're pretty short on options but him opening has not worked out at all. in all bar one innings all he's done is allow Usman to have an extra 10 minutes to relax before he bats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back