Portfolio Magpienato's Designs

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
What do you do when you have a spare 30 minutes lying around? Redo the Carlton monogram of course!

Original:
carlton mono gram original.png

Redo:
mono gram222.png

Didn't do much, just changed the proportions of the C's so that they were more symmetrical and changed a few of the odd bits at the top of the F.

Tbh still prefer the old one as is, but the wonkiness of it keeps me up at night :drunk:

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
That typeface has so much more character than what I first thought when you showed off the '56ers' logo.
It's 'Snowland' if I recall and yeah I initially just picked it at random as a placeholder for when I decided the actual font but the more I use it, the more I want to keep it. Just a fairly simple font which still has some flare and personality to it.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
So there's a new footy club entering the EFL 3rd Division from the VAFA, the North Croydon-Mount Lilydale Rams. I've had a go at making them a home and clash jumper and looking to send it to them. I made the design on both my own template and a YI template.

rams 1st.png NC-ML FC.png

However, I'm not too sure which one to send to them. Thoughts?

So there's a new footy club entering the EFL 3rd Division from the VAFA, the North Croydon-Mount Lilydale Rams. I've had a go at making them a home and clash jumper and looking to send it to them. I made the design on both my own template and a YI template.

View attachment 599820 View attachment 599824

More teams leaving the VAFA? I think that’s now 2 this season (Eltham Turtles moved to the NFNL)
I’d personally send them the one on your template.

View attachment 599820 View attachment 599824

100% the yellow images one. Not trying to s**t on your template, but when you are presenting a design to someone that isn’t a designer, a photo realistic mock-up is going to wow them, they don’t care whether you developed your template or not like we do here.

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
100% the yellow images one. Not trying to s**t on your template, but when you are presenting a design to someone that isn’t a designer, a photo realistic mock-up is going to wow them, they don’t care whether you developed your template or not like we do here.
I second this. Very clean look with the design.

As for your Titans logo, I prefer the more detailed one but both work for me.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Been looking back at my old flag designs and thought of fiddling around with it a bit more. This one features a Southern Cross with the 8-pointed star, representing all states and territories. It is divided by a wave and accompanied by two aboriginal dot paintings to represent Australia's Aboriginal heritage (Please note these are just place holders for what a more qualified aboriginal artist would put in its place). To the left we have a modified 8-leaf golden wattle, native to Australia. Bottle Green and Gold used because Straya.

Australia flag7 aboriginal.png

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
1547181791377.png

And just an update on my template work. After experimenting with YI templates for a bit I've gotten a feel for how these realistic temps work and have translated that knowledge into improving my own. Just love the torso so far but not too sure where to go next with the cuffs, whether to just leave them as is or try something else out.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Been looking back at my old flag designs and thought of fiddling around with it a bit more. This one features a Southern Cross with the 8-pointed star, representing all states and territories. It is divided by a wave and accompanied by two aboriginal dot paintings to represent Australia's Aboriginal heritage (Please note these are just place holders for what a more qualified aboriginal artist would put in its place). To the left we have a modified 8-leaf golden wattle, native to Australia. Bottle Green and Gold used because Straya.

View attachment 603028

It might be a nice design, but no new Australian flag should have any link to an individual culture or group. Doing so gives that group symbolic priority over all others and would cause division. Removing the middle section may leave the design looking a bit less nice, but would be more appropriate for the country.

Back