No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ....... it's me again

We are the most boring , hidebound club in the AFL and we are going to regret not exploring international talent identification in the not to distant future

I'd put the chances that this guy is a better player than Rory Lobb in 4 years at about 70 - 30 against but I doubt very much the Saints will be paying him 3.5 million over that time

C'mon Belly , you as much as anyone should understand you don't have to be an Aussie to play this game !!!

St Kilda GM of Football Simon Lethlean is excited about the untapped potential of US College basketballer Sam Alabakis after he joined the Saints as a Category B rookie.

Standing at 211cm, Alabakis is now the equal tallest player in the competition alongside fellow countryman and Collingwood sensation Mason Cox and Fremantle giant Aaron Sandilands.

The 21-year-old will partake in the club’s preseason and Lethlean says he will be given every opportunity to forge a career at AFL level.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've gotta melt about the anti-Freo media.

Prior to and during the trade period, I was reading and hearing that;
- Bell had shown Bennell the door.
- Neale was leaving because he simply didn't want to be part of Fremantle anymore.
- Freo were idiots for letting the Hogan deal fall through.

Then even after the trade period, I had a Slime supporting mate telling me how on 6pr Freo members were ringing up and talking about cutting up their memberships, because Freo let Neale go (I have no idea whether that was accurate or not, because I choose not to listen to 6pr and wonder why any Freo supporter would either).

Now I know I'm particularly prickly on the whole topic of cr@ppy news written for click baits and a popular narrative, but the anti-Freo media this year was taken to a whole new level ... and that's saying something.

And sadly, while patiently sitting back and waiting for the trade period to complete, I witnessed a large number of Freo supporters who appeared to believe much of that negative narrative.

I've gotta melt about the anti-Freo media.

Prior to and during the trade period, I was reading and hearing that;
- Bell had shown Bennell the door.
- Neale was leaving because he simply didn't want to be part of Fremantle anymore.
- Freo were idiots for letting the Hogan deal fall through.

Then even after the trade period, I had a Slime supporting mate telling me how on 6pr Freo members were ringing up and talking about cutting up their memberships, because Freo let Neale go (I have no idea whether that was accurate or not, because I choose not to listen to 6pr and wonder why any Freo supporter would either).

Now I know I'm particularly prickly on the whole topic of cr@ppy news written for click baits and a popular narrative, but the anti-Freo media this year was taken to a whole new level ... and that's saying something.

And sadly, while patiently sitting back and waiting for the trade period to complete, I witnessed a large number of Freo supporters who appeared to believe much of that negative narrative.

Some choose to believe it while others use it to spread anti Freo posts to support their agenda

Some choose to believe it while others use it to spread anti Freo posts to support their agenda

This is true.

I think it's a respect thing.

We had the 2012 to 2015 period with some decent footy but otherwise we've never had sustained success. Then we fell off the cliff so basically the respect is just not there. Other clubs get the benefit of the doubt at times but we'll never get that until we win a flag to be honest.

This is true.

I think it's a respect thing.

We had the 2012 to 2015 period with some decent footy but otherwise we've never had sustained success. Then we fell off the cliff so basically the respect is just not there. Other clubs get the benefit of the doubt at times but we'll never get that until we win a flag to be honest.

There's definitely some of that he

I'm not overly happy with the coaching structure at the moment but stoked with Bell and this draft.

My belief is everything needs to go well for a club to win a GF. Unfortunately this may never happen but constantly bagging out the club on here won't change anything

There's definitely some of that he

I'm not overly happy with the coaching structure at the moment but stoked with Bell and this draft.

My belief is everything needs to go well for a club to win a GF. Unfortunately this may never happen but constantly bagging out the club on here won't change anything

Fair enough.

I know I've been critical of the club but I've been over the moon over the last three or four weeks. Basically since Bell arrived and basically because this has coincided with some good stuff happening.

Every board gets excited come draft time, we post links and videos about our new draftees and talk about their potential. Then there's GWS. They haven't gone past page 1 on there new recruits and Ian Hills welcome thread literally only has one comment. It's not as hilaruous as it is embarrassing for those usless spoilt brats.

"Everything is bigger up close" that's like saying the sky is blue. I'm sure there is a d*** joke to be made but i cbf.

In many ways GWS are doing worse than Gold Coast. Wouldn’t exactly call them a success as a franchise. Despite what people think it’s got a lot more to do with just being an on-field success. Both these clubs are without a doubt the worst off the field but the AFL probably knew that was going to happen. The AFL will give them another ten years at least so let’s get used to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In many ways GWS are doing worse than Gold Coast. Wouldn’t exactly call them a success as a franchise. Despite what people think it’s got a lot more to do with just being an on-field success. Both these clubs are without a doubt the worst off the field but the AFL probably knew that was going to happen. The AFL will give them another ten years at least so let’s get used to them.

The AFL will be reluctant to admit defeat. It would put a massive dent in it's ego. Won't happen.

There is no comparison between GWS and Gold Coast, except very unfavourably for the latter. Besides the obvious on-field competitiveness, GWS are marketing in some of the toughest territory - in western Sydney (i.e. most of Sydney), where they are reaching into Australia’s fastest growing immigrant communities, and Canberra, in competition with two established rugby franchises. As it is, they already attract bigger crowds than the Canberra Raiders. And the smashing they gave Sydney in the SCG final was a watershed moment in NSW football.

They also manage a netball franchise, which gives them great cross-over to female fans, and a women’s AFL team.

The challenges GWS face in relation to media and membership sales are way beyond those faced by Fremantle. Believe me, they are a well run club.

The AFL will be reluctant to admit defeat. It would put a massive dent in it's ego. Won't happen.

It’s for this reason Tassie won’t get a team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More of an annoyance than a melt. But why did Big Footy change it's layout... - now i can't see which team people support. I don't know Big Footy well enough to just know which user likes what team.
It’s a known bug they are working on. Scroll to the top of the page and you’ll see a big notice about the upgrade and where/how to report bugs. They’re onto it.

Now for a melt - where’d da farken sun go today?!!?! #bringbacksummer

Everything's for a reason

The AFL don't need to expand as much as they need to make sure all clubs are viable

But they already have an existing market in Tassie with Hawks and North. They will prop up the cluster* that it GC due to the money in market expansion even though there’s yet be be a team succeed in that region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See what happens when team badges are removed. Opposition Supporters infiltrate threads clearly marked NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS. This BF upgrade has been a debacle. What has the world come to. No wonder Harley went and got drunk! AND THERE ARE CLOUDS IN MY PERTH SKY! CANNOT DEAL. Carnts all better return in good nick for training Monday and win the flag this year. Stephen Hill better get over his sore quad, Sandi better get over being old, Mundy bloody well get faster too whilst I’m at it, Fyfe better win another Brownlow - probably should have had 3 by now but is just a stoopid arse single-time winner - greatest player ever and only won a single Brownlow - f**k me dead. Ross should stop worrying about what the cobblers are doing and just bloody coach! Belly should grow a bit taller, and when is our new list manager actually gonna start signing up our uncontracted players!??!?!! Aren’t half our team out of contract??? What the hell is he even up too??!!??!! Probably out on the river having a row with that head of coaching development bloke that nobody can remember the name of, or know what he does either. Just a couple of muppets in a boat getting paid to do f**k all. What a job!

Yes, it is my first day back at work for those wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back