Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Who's commentary are you watching? I've got it on Fox and it's very average tonight. Brendan Julian, Chris Lynn and Brett Lee. Way to make the BBL a snooze fest
7, unfortunately as I'm not home

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
I know it's only BB-bloody-L but could the commentary team focus on the bloody game?
It could be worse, this bloke could be commentating
download.jpg

Edit: turns out this turd actually is commentating

Last edited:
7 and CA really have made a meal of the big bash this year. Both tried to make it a serious competition when embracing its hit-and-giggle nature worked so well.
Yeah I feel like 10 did the best job of it. Coverage on both 7 and Fox is pretty in depth so it’s hard to fault but I don’t know, something about 10. The TNT intro on 10 was awesome. Really got me in the mood for some cricket.

rip the SPP profile pic
Been away for a while I had Gray for the #BringBackTheBars movement. I don’t know if you remember the original flashing SPP one but that was a personal favourite.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Been away for a while I had Gray for the #BringBackTheBars movement. I don’t know if you remember the original flashing SPP one but that was a personal favourite.
Oh yeah I remember that one now but there are so many with that kind of pic around here atm that I forget who is who

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
What a pathetic game from the Renegades. No clue why we waited to bring in Harper at 6th. Smoked the pipe. Was cool to meet up with Sparkle and Smiles so there's always a silver lining.

What a pathetic game from the Renegades. No clue why we waited to bring in Harper at 6th. Smoked the pipe. Was cool to meet up with Sparkle and Smiles so there's always a silver lining.

Disappointing result, but it was great to catch up with everyone (and know it this time, too). And there was the beach balls too, they were good fun :D

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Lovely meeting SparkleNarkle Magpieneto and Caloshwaby. In hindsight I believe we may have gone slightly too hard when they pulled out the beachballs.

Also the Renegades s**t the bed...

Lovely meeting SparkleNarkle Magpieneto and Caloshwaby. In hindsight I believe we may have gone slightly too hard when they pulled out the beachballs.

Also the Renegades s**t the bed...

No way we went too hard, it's called using our height to our advantage*. We'll bounce back against the Stars at the 'G on Tuesday though, we've actually won the last two MCG Derbies

*the little kids got plenty of turns too, we didn't deprive them, everyone had a good time

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
No way we went too hard, it's called using our height to our advantage*. We'll bounce back against the Stars at the 'G on Tuesday though, we've actually won the last two MCG Derbies

*the little kids got plenty of turns too, we didn't deprive them, everyone had a good time
For some reason, I think the Stars will win come Tuesday... in both games.

If yesterdays WBBL game was broadcasted on Seven and they had access to cameras, the Stars would have won because that 3rd last ball was RUN OUT.

If yesterdays WBBL game was broadcasted on Seven and they had access to cameras, the Stars would have won because that 3rd last ball was RUN OUT.

It probably shouldn't have gotten to that stage, because a couple of overs before there was a dodgy run out call that went against the Renegades. The calls evened out in the end. All in all, the match was great, the last five overs were very exciting

ANNOUNCEMENT

I'll be running the FJGD Awards again this year and this year will see the retirement of one award, and the beginning of a new award. Having trawled through twelve months of this forum, I've struggled to find many contenders for the Thread of the Year award in terms of original threads created in 2018 and acted as a hive of discussion and activity. Instead, a new design based "Design of the Year" award will be created, with the FJGD community able to nominate up to three designs from both competitions and portfolios for this award.

I'll put it up on New Years Day with voting for Portfolio of the Year and Competition of the Year, as well as a thread for nominations for Poster of the Year, Most Improved Member and Design of the Year.​

ANNOUNCEMENT

I'll be running the FJGD Awards again this year and this year will see the retirement of one award, and the beginning of a new award. Having trawled through twelve months of this forum, I've struggled to find many contenders for the Thread of the Year award in terms of original threads created in 2018 and acted as a hive of discussion and activity. Instead, a new design based "Design of the Year" award will be created, with the FJGD community able to nominate up to three designs from both competitions and portfolios for this award.

I'll put it up on New Years Day with voting for Portfolio of the Year and Competition of the Year, as well as a thread for nominations for Poster of the Year, Most Improved Member and Design of the Year.​
That’s a good call. Most threads these days are comps or discussion. DOTY will be a great award.

Competition of the Year​
I've brought this up before but I reckon the CompOTY award should be split, one for "Weekly" and one for "League" due to the nature of the comps being different.
League comps involve a number of one off designs used weekly against each other &
Weekly comps involve activity where new designs are made every week

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I've brought this up before but I reckon the CompOTY award should be split, one for "Weekly" and one for "League" due to the nature of the comps being different.
League comps involve a number of one off designs used weekly against each other &
I second this.

There is only one weekly comp from this year though, that's just a more extreme case of the problem that FT was having with the 'Thread of The Year' award.

Do any of you blokes do marketing at uni?
I've worked in marketing before, if you have a question that relates to it, I may be able to help

If.its a question on the course, I'm.no.good

Back