Andy Maher - Sorry but I don't get it

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it ironic that Andy “the walking cliche” Maher laughs at Greg West clumsily playing all over a slow off spinning Yorker by Dwayne Bravo as it may as well be an analogy of you trying to play the knowledgeable commentator in any form of competitive sport. Peanut.

Blokes who aren’t former players shouldn’t laugh at players during commentary. Former players shouldn’t really either to be honest but Andy Maher shouldn’t be doing that.

On BBL again tonight, apparently on Fox as well. Can't get rid of those long winded questions no matter what channel you put on.
Ricky Ponting doesn't seem to be a big fan either.

On BBL again tonight, apparently on Fox as well. Can't get rid of those long winded questions no matter what channel you put on.
Ricky Ponting doesn't seem to be a big fan either.

Twice today Ricky Ponting had discussed something on camera and Andy Maher asked him a question about exactly what Ponting was saying.

As an example. He said ‘Cameron Bancroft would be thinking X, Y and Z coming in to this game.’
Andy Maher: ‘So what would Cameron Bancroft be thinking coming in to this game?’

Ponting was clearly getting frustrated.

Twice today Ricky Ponting had discussed something on camera and Andy Maher asked him a question about exactly what Ponting was saying.

As an example. He said ‘Cameron Bancroft would be thinking X, Y and Z coming in to this game.’
Andy Maher: ‘So what would Cameron Bancroft be thinking coming in to this game?’

Ponting was clearly getting frustrated.

I actually more surprised that he didn’t ask that question if Ricky and then answer it for him before asking it again - that’s what he normally does

“So Ricky, what would be going through Cam Bancroft’s mind right now? Would he be thinking a,b,c?
Ricky “I just said that Andy”

He’s done I again....
Strikers vs Renegades,

“Ohhh Eees run out, ah no, hang on, he might be in, ah they’re referring it......he’s looks like he’s out but we can’t categorically call it, jeeeez we’re just can’t be sure, they’re referring it.... oooh eees done well to ground eees bat but was it enough”
(All the while, Tuffers after seeing the first replay simply said - “he’s bounced the bat, his out”)
And he was.

Prat.

I am sure it is part of the reason BBL isn’t as watchable this year.

When Brad Hodge comes across as the commentary star in a team of 3 (Maher and Tuffnell) there are huge issues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No real problem - he has actually really improved this year. If anyrhing, he can sound pretty flat and bland at times - but it is a fine line!
At times meaning all the time? He’s boring.

Good thing he's got Andy there to relentlessly question him about tactics

You'd think after commentating on BBL for several years he'd have a ******* opinion of his own
His opinion is mashed in with his questions.

He's s**t and unfunny there's nothing to get. Had the right mates in the right place or worked his dog days as a lighting man for Jerry Seinfield.

clearly they do not do on air checks at s.e.n. either that or they do not care. maher is back with his same shithouse microphone technique. has the thing up his nose i reckon. as a result 'p's, 't's, pop 's's also distort. for f***ksake someone tell him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back