Prediction Who will finish higher in 2019 - Richmond, West Coast, Collingwood or Melbourne?

Who will finish higher?

• Richmond

Votes: 196 38.6%
  • West Coast

Votes: 157 30.9%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 99 19.5%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 56 11.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond are like that ugly sister that manages to pick up a hot date because they were drunk. Now they think they are more popular.

You guys will be back to 9th in no time.

Seriously gloating over membership figures ? Clutching at straws to be one up on other clubs after a putrid prelim display

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Richmond are like that ugly sister that manages to pick up a hot date because they were drunk. Now they think they are more popular.

Seriously gloating over membership figures ? Clutching at straws to be one up on other clubs after a putrid prelim display

And I think that Richmond seriously fudge their figures too!!! All stats prove from Roy Morgan to social media that the current 3 most popular clubs are Collingwood, Essendon and hawthorn

Despite how good these four teams were this year, I'll be surprised if they all finish top 4 in 2019. Think one or two of these sides will drop down a bit and a couple of other teams will emerge as serious contenders next year. You certainly could make a good argument for any of these four teams finishing top 4 next year but I just don't think all of them will. So for me, it will be interesting to see how they all fare next year.

Collingwoods like the little brother who, when the older sibling left for a while, had some success using their pickup lines with some old Cougars. When the big brother returns they suddenly find themselves an afterthought once again and are left embarrassing themselves, still trying to convince everyone they’re just as good as their brother.

Collingwood are finding it tough to realize that they are not, nor have ever been, the biggest club. They have been no more than bedwarmers.

Roy Masters is based on surveys on who people ‘say’ they support. This is why Sydney always has the most followers, many of whom would never have seen a game in their lives. Membership numbers are a far better indicator of support because they count true support, passion and financial contribution.

And I think that Richmond seriously fudge their figures too!!! All stats prove from Roy Morgan to social media that the current 3 most popular clubs are Collingwood, Essendon and hawthorn

Might be a bit of a transition year for Melbourne, there's a lot of questions to be answered across the ground just as there were last year when things only really came together later in the season.

Backline: May and really Lever as well have to settle in. Who's going to be the other tall option alongside them - Frost, Oscar, other? Hibberd, Jetta and Salem should provide some certainty but Lewis has to be pensioned out of the side and whilst his negatives won't be missed his positives need to be covered.

Inside mid: Brayshaw and Harmes had break up years and need to back it up after limited preseasons. Oliver another who's on light duties. Can Gawn go again? Viney has to be healthy. Where do Jones, Vandenberg and Petracca fit in?

Outside mids: Can Fritsch and Kolodjashnij prove to be the 188cm+ skilled and fit wingmen that every team is looking for. Or is Fritsch a forward and KK a defender?

Forwards: Weideman needs to back up his finals campaign. Petracca has to break out. The smalls have to work together in absence of a gun small.

West Coast are the champs and are adding at least Gaff and Sheppard.
Collingwood weren't far off and whilst time will tell what they do with the talls Beams is the kind of player who should thrive from round 1.
Richmond might have work to do to get Lynch to gel but they were the best team in the home and away season last year.

I think the Dees were a few goals off those sides last year and have made some decent changes that mike take time to close the gap. I'd probably go Richmond, WCE, Collingwood in order of those 3.

Might be a bit of a transition year for Melbourne, there's a lot of questions to be answered across the ground just as there were last year when things only really came together later in the season.

Backline: May and really Lever as well have to settle in. Who's going to be the other tall option alongside them - Frost, Oscar, other? Hibberd, Jetta and Salem should provide some certainty but Lewis has to be pensioned out of the side and whilst his negatives won't be missed his positives need to be covered.

Inside mid: Brayshaw and Harmes had break up years and need to back it up after limited preseasons. Oliver another who's on light duties. Can Gawn go again? Viney has to be healthy. Where do Jones, Vandenberg and Petracca fit in?

Outside mids: Can Fritsch and Kolodjashnij prove to be the 188cm+ skilled and fit wingmen that every team is looking for. Or is Fritsch a forward and KK a defender?

Forwards: Weideman needs to back up his finals campaign. Petracca has to break out. The smalls have to work together in absence of a gun small.

West Coast are the champs and are adding at least Gaff and Sheppard.
Collingwood weren't far off and whilst time will tell what they do with the talls Beams is the kind of player who should thrive from round 1.
Richmond might have work to do to get Lynch to gel but they were the best team in the home and away season last year.

I think the Dees were a few goals off those sides last year and have made some decent changes that mike take time to close the gap. I'd probably go Richmond, WCE, Collingwood in order of those 3.
There have been numerous recent interviews with Melbourne players who've confirmed that the 190cm Kolodjashnij is being groomed over the preseason for a role on the wing.

Collingwoods like the little brother who, when the older sibling left for a while, had some success using their pickup lines with some old Cougars. When the big brother returns they suddenly find themselves an afterthought once again and are left embarrassing themselves, still trying to convince everyone they’re just as good as their brother.

Collingwood are finding it tough to realize that they are not, nor have ever been, the biggest club. They have been no more than bedwarmers.

Interesting fact for all Richmond supporters that total home and away attendance’s since 1921 ladder looks like this;

Collingwood 64,082,587
Carlton 57,037,744
Essendon 56,637,621
Richmond 54,807,139

As we can see Collingwood have clearly been the biggest club in the vfl/afl. Over 7 million more then the next nearest rival Carlton and more the 9.2 million more then Richmond even tho Richmond had a 35 year advantage playing home games at the mcg whilst Collingwood was restricted playing at a 28,000 stadium.

If Carlton and Essendon were playing home games at the mcg since 1965 they would clearly be in front of Richmond.

Since 1921 Richmond have clearly been then the 4th biggest club.

If Richmond were so much bigger then Collingwood then why are they 9,2 million in attendance’s behind Collingwood whilst having a 35 year advantage playing at the mcg?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

COOOOLLLLIIINNNNGGGWWWOOOOODDDDD. Seriously, i thought Essendon supporters were deluded. Keep posting guys, it’s a laugh a minute in here.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

You played s**t, or you were just outplayed!?....I think most people ( bar tigers fans ) would say that on the night you were outplayed fair & square.
Both

We played poorly. Collingwood also played very well. If we'd played to our potential I'd have given us about a 50% chance of winning i.e. Collingwood's game was at least as good as our absolute best. That assumes a) we brought some sort of midfield pressure as opposed to simply allowing them to stream out, and b) we'd played Garthwaite instead of Astbury, which was a clear selection blunder.
We didn't play the peaking game well. We tried to manage ourselves into finals but ended up playing ourselves out of form. This contrasts to 2017 where we played our best footy at the right time of year. If we've learnt anything, we won't be anywhere near as dominant in the H&A in 2019 as we were this year. We'll experiment with our side more and be more confident in our back up should issues arise in finals. It was a bit stiff that Astbury and Dusty were clearly not 100% but we had to be able to deal with that. s**t happens sometimes.
I don't quite agree with the Collingwood 11-12 comparison. We haven't caused unrest by moving our coach on. It's pretty clear we won't be upsetting our formula a la Buckley with the 'rat pack'.

Both

We played poorly. Collingwood also played very well. If we'd played to our potential I'd have given us about a 50% chance of winning i.e. Collingwood's game was at least as good as our absolute best. That assumes a) we brought some sort of midfield pressure as opposed to simply allowing them to stream out, and b) we'd played Garthwaite instead of Astbury, which was a clear selection blunder.
We didn't play the peaking game well. We tried to manage ourselves into finals but ended up playing ourselves out of form. This contrasts to 2017 where we played our best footy at the right time of year. If we've learnt anything, we won't be anywhere near as dominant in the H&A in 2019 as we were this year. We'll experiment with our side more and be more confident in our back up should issues arise in finals. It was a bit stiff that Astbury and Dusty were clearly not 100% but we had to be able to deal with that. s**t happens sometimes.
I don't quite agree with the Collingwood 11-12 comparison. We haven't caused unrest by moving our coach on. It's pretty clear we won't be upsetting our formula a la Buckley with the 'rat pack'.

Or you were just outplayed on the night by a better team. Too painful to admit I understand

Hardly bedwarmers when you have done nothing for 30 odd years.

Deluded definition is best left for yourselves

1 Richmond 72 22 18 4 0 136.15
2 West Coast 64 22 16 6 0 121.42
3 Collingwood 60 22 15 7 0 120.42
4 Hawthorn 60 22 15 7 0 120.10

Probably highlights even more that you had a favourable draw with so many G games and couldn't win a game interstate. Lucky the AFL favoured you even though you won the flag the year before.

Back