Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

This year wasn't nearly as good as the previous years. Used to get 20 disposals and over and l don't remember him consistently accumulating possessions like he used to.

Wasn't nearly as good? What a ridiculous overstatement.

He had less touches because he was rucking less with O in the team.

This year wasn't nearly as good as the previous years. Used to get 20 disposals and over and l don't remember him consistently accumulating possessions like he used to.
Let’s not forget that this year the midfield group as a whole performed more consistently. So Stef does not have to do as much. With a strong midfield performing well, his around the ground work will not be required as much. We are better off having the ball in the hands of the ball users, not the Ruckman. He is playing his role consistently well, and in the last couple of years has become better as a tap ruckman and providing better use for the boys around him.

I'd back in Stef this season but as our midfield matures I would anticipate our ruck needs changing which would favour big O. We've needed Martin's midfield and clearance work because we've had large deficiencies there. If the team progresses as anticipated we'll need less of that and better tapwork, which Oscar is more suited to. Martin may still remain better all round bit Oscar may be better suited to our needs

I'd back in Stef this season but as our midfield matures I would anticipate our ruck needs changing which would favour big O. We've needed Martin's midfield and clearance work because we've had large deficiencies there. If the team progresses as anticipated we'll need less of that and better tapwork, which Oscar is more suited to. Martin may still remain better all round bit Oscar may be better suited to our needs

Where do you see Archie sitting if he takes another step forward in his game next year?

Clubs need rucks to be developing on their list playing 2's footy. We need to have Smith as match ready as possible, just in case. He might not play a senior game this year and get another 2-3 years if the club is happy with his development.

Clubs need rucks to be developing on their list playing 2's footy. We need to have Smith as match ready as possible, just in case. He might not play a senior game this year and get another 2-3 years if the club is happy with his development.

A little concerned he may look elsewhere for opportunities if none come his way this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A little concerned he may look elsewhere for opportunities if none come his way this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’m not sure that clubs will be beating down the door for a ruckman that has played 9 games at AFL level and hardly dominates in the NEAFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoke to a mate from work who has an inside source that gives away absolutely nothing. But he did say all the boys are ripping fit. Lyons will play round 1 and Neale is an absolute gem. Mainly that they are happy fitness wise and are chomping the bit to get going.

Spoke to a mate from work who has an inside source that gives away absolutely nothing. But he did say all the boys are ripping fit. Lyons will play round 1 and Neale is an absolute gem. Mainly that they are happy fitness wise and are chomping the bit to get going.
Will Lyons start in the square at the the first bounce with his back towards goal?

Where do you see Archie sitting if he takes another step forward in his game next year?
That's a massive if. I'd have him after both based on exposed form and trajectory. Doubt he'll go anywhere though won't get any better opportunities elsewhere

Do the boys come back to training tomorrow, IIRC I remember a club tweet/post (can't find it now) that said they come back on the 5th.

Anyone in the know? I'll go for a stroll down to Yeronga in the morning to see if they're there anyway.

Do the boys come back to training tomorrow, IIRC I remember a club tweet/post (can't find it now) that said they come back on the 5th.

Anyone in the know? I'll go for a stroll down to Yeronga in the morning to see if they're there anyway.
Apparently they are having 3 weeks off this year, not sure when they finished up though.

Ticks off a few of these

69q574czi1y11.jpg

The Boys are back into training tomorrow, the season will be on us before we know it. Countdown is on in earnest now to Saturday night the 23rd of March when we create some more pandemonium at the Gabba and dethrone the premiers.
At least it is a nice cool morning for them to get back into it.
Bring on the 23rd March, can’t wait!
Watch out West Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back