Gym Accessories

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I reckon I will, reading through a lot of forums and the only thing having me guessing is the people saying they bought a 10mm and then went to a 13mm and have no idea how they initially used the 10mm and when they are $210 each I want to make the right decision. I’ll be 100 kilos when I order it though so I reckon the 10mm is the way to go.

Also going the lever, I squat, bench and deadlift all on different days so it’ll be easy enough to swap around, only day it’ll be different is for a comp day. Plus a mate I trained with today said he uses his lever belt on the same setting for dead’s and squats so hopefully I end up the same.

"bought a 10mm and then went to a 13mm and have no idea how they initially used the 10mm"
sounds like it's more in their heads (placebo) than anything lol.

"bought a 10mm and then went to a 13mm and have no idea how they initially used the 10mm"
sounds like it's more in their heads (placebo) than anything lol.
True that, I guess I’ll also use it for a few years before I possibly decide to go a 13mm so it’s not like it’s going to be $200+ pops within months of each other :D.

True that, I guess I’ll also use it for a few years before I possibly decide to go a 13mm so it’s not like it’s going to be $200+ pops within months of each other :D.

That and if you only ever use a 10mm you won't know any different haha

What sort of socks do you wear?

I wear ankle ones.

I see some wearing length socks that go upto perhaps half way between knee and ankle. Pulled up that is.

I pretty much exclusively wear mids (and you just made me realise I have an entire draw dedicated to ankle socks; none of which would have seen the light of day in years lol).
If there’s a chance I’m deadlifting I’ll wear knee high socks

Under 100KG which was my goal before I get to buy the s**t I want.

About to buy Loaded Lifting redback knee sleeves, Loaded Lifting pulling straps as my hands are getting ruined on deadlifts, so will use them for block pulls and other accessories. Just waiting for the belts to be back in stock too!

Have you used these Aeglos or anyone else?
https://loadedlifting.com.au/products/iron-wrist-wraps-z?variant=4661181710368

So I’ve bought some LoadedLifting red back knee sleeves, Inzer Iron Z wrist wraps, some LL pulling straps and the best of the lot was picking up a pioneer 10mm belt off Facebook marketplace brand new for $70 (didn’t fit the purchaser) and some squat shoes in my size (13) for $100 when they retail for $220ish.

So I’ve bought some LoadedLifting red back knee sleeves, Inzer Iron Z wrist wraps, some LL pulling straps and the best of the lot was picking up a pioneer 10mm belt off Facebook marketplace brand new for $70 (didn’t fit the purchaser) and some squat shoes in my size (13) for $100 when they retail for $220ish.

What squat shoes were they?
I’ve gone back to my Reebok’s from my skate shoes.
Had to duct tape the inside of my skate shoes and feet starting slipping haha
Had to glue the soles of the Reebok’s back on at the toe box but they’ll still have plenty of life
. 423AF18D-FD2D-4BC3-91CF-687A95744296.jpeg

What squat shoes were they?
I’ve gone back to my Reebok’s from my skate shoes.
Had to duct tape the inside of my skate shoes and feet starting slipping haha
Had to glue the soles of the Reebok’s back on at the toe box but they’ll still have plenty of life
.View attachment 655274
Inov-8 fastlift 325’s. I borrowed my mates pair of Nike Romaleos 2 for squats Friday and it fixed my hip drama, they have a 20mm heel though and these have a 16mm and the 20mm feels way better so I’ll get a pair of Romaleos at end of financial year and make do with these for the moment.

Inov-8 fastlift 325’s. I borrowed my mates pair of Nike Romaleos 2 for squats Friday and it fixed my hip drama, they have a 20mm heel though and these have a 16mm and the 20mm feels way better so I’ll get a pair of Romaleos at end of financial year and make do with these for the moment.

It’ll be interesting to see whether they provide a long(er) term fix or not.
You definitely need less hip flexion with an elevated heel to hit depth so if your issue is more to do with hip structure then it might work out.
I’ve seen others get symptom relief from using a heeled shoe then there pain came back; if I had to guess it’s because the heel took the load off whatever was sore and shifted it (even if only a few mm/cm), then gradually that new tissue become overworked and painful because nothing else really changed.

It’ll be interesting to see whether they provide a long(er) term fix or not.
You definitely need less hip flexion with an elevated heel to hit depth so if your issue is more to do with hip structure then it might work out.
I’ve seen others get symptom relief from using a heeled shoe then there pain came back; if I had to guess it’s because the heel took the load off whatever was sore and shifted it (even if only a few mm/cm), then gradually that new tissue become overworked and painful because nothing else really changed.
My main drama is with poor ankle dorsiflexion, so I’ll be doing some work on that on my rest days, I just get hip pinches when I hit depth.

I’d be very surprised if it comes with back with the elevated heel, off googling as it’s a common issue everyone has said the elevated heel should fix it due to changing the length of the femur and hip mechanics. We’ll see though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just cracked it due to finding zippay and am buying either romaleos 3’s tomorrow or Reebok Legacy lifters. I want that extra heel so my hips can stop being s**t.
3's are $216. Am tempted to get them this week

Nike store Southland

Not sure if other Nikes across the country have them at that price
Hmm decisions, will have to check it out!

I’m considering the Reebok as they have a 22mm heel, will help more with ankle dorsiflexion than 20mm but 20mm also does the job for me!

Hmm decisions, will have to check it out!

I’m considering the Reebok as they have a 22mm heel, will help more with ankle dorsiflexion than 20mm but 20mm also does the job for me!
Got them.

The stability I feel with them is quite good. Going to give them a real leg workout tomorrow and see how they are .

So far extremely impressed and well worth the investment

Got them.

The stability I feel with them is quite good. Going to give them a real leg workout tomorrow and see how they are .

So far extremely impressed and well worth the investment
Yeah I picked up the Reebok’s. Will do some squats next week but expecting it to be good, did some mess around ones the day I got them and it was better!

Yeah I picked up the Reebok’s. Will do some squats next week but expecting it to be good, did some mess around ones the day I got them and it was better!
I tried them on and it was amazing. Feet just stuck to the ground.

RU_ Gave them a go with the squats...

It's a totally new ballgame with a heel, as opposed to flats. My knees were in pain for the first time ever, and I didn't really notice much improvement or difference.

I will give them an extended run, but might interchange with flat Pumas at some point.

I do like the stability on the floor though, so I will persevere

Remove this Banner Ad

Back