Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickers the least of the problems with their call tonight. Tom Morris (?) speaks at a million miles and hour and seems to put on a weird voice whenever doing any of the ads he has to read out.

Pickering has a good pedigree in cricket - He was a quality district cricketer and just missed out on playing state cricket.
That's all very well and good. But levels below Sheffield Shield is irrelevant. He's a ex-footballer first and foremost. It wouldn't surprise me if there are many anonymous guys who played against him and didn't play SS smirk that he's now an "expert commentator"

Having Pickering doing expert comments for cricket, is like having Basil Zemplas do expert comments for footy because he played a years in the wafl.
Good and fair point.

As gravely poor as Pickering might be, he is nowhere near as dreadful as Zempilas.
How that nong gets a gig.... shows in life that talent does not necessarily out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i am no fan of the bighead, but to be fair, those who have played at the highest level are probably better versed to make worthwhile comments.

fair point. However to discredit journos because they havent played the game is wrong. If they wanna play that card, then sportspersons in the media cant do s**t cause they havent got credentials

i am no fan of the bighead, but to be fair, those who have played at the highest level are probably better versed to make worthwhile comments.
Not necessarily. You've never ran into someone at your local level that's leagues above everyone else, but when you ask him they say "I just hit the ball with the bat."

Just because you were/are good, or even one of the best, at a sport, doesn't mean that you can make worthwhile comments. It helps, but being able to explain or give insights is a different skill entirely to playing.

Pickering has a good pedigree in cricket - He was a quality district cricketer and just missed out on playing state cricket.
Absolutely. He could play, no doubt about it .Would have played state cricket if he didn’t have footy commitments IMO.

Pickering is one of those soft **** cricket players who took the easy option of more opportunity in footy.

Surely they're not replaying the Grand Final again? Gord! Where are the fill-ins? I suppose it doesn't matter, because most of them have been ordinary. I guess the "talent" are busy doing the cricket?
Hutchy got rig of the losers like Peaky. A surprise was Tim Gossage doing mornings from WA!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back